This fucking racist team shouldn't even be allowed to play baseball

This fucking racist team shouldn't even be allowed to play baseball

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y_7a4y7sC64
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

t.killary supporter

oh but the cubs logo isn't racist

Woowooowooowooowooo! We use the savage power of the dirty redmen to win baseball games.

Kek I grew up in North Dakota native reservation and now I live in Cleveland.

This shit isn't racist you "Cherokee" white boy

the team should be declared illegal before game 5 and the cubbos should be given atrophy

So how many time are you planning to make this thread? It looks like you baseball fags have 1 game left.

shut up faggot

changing the logo wouldn't help one poor native american drinking his life away on a reservation

go volunteer on a poor indian tribe in South Dakota or shut the fuck up

good thread

Why is it only white people that cry about the Redskins and Chief Wahoo? Get a life.

t. nigger

Fighting Sioux only existed because there's profit sharing for merchandise

fun fact: it was (black player) Joe Carter who suggested the franchise put this logo on their hats back in the 80s

When the Grey Hair is dead, Magua will eat his heart. Before he dies, Magua will put his children under the knife, so the Grey Hair will know his seed is wiped out forever.

Nobody is offended by the name, they are offended by the logo.

DESU I like it because it's trolling material, the smile just triggers everyone. But I see how some people find the logo racist.

If Indians win this the league will make them change it and it'll be a good way to end the logo

>when we take it all on sunday
youtube.com/watch?v=y_7a4y7sC64

>the team should be declared illegal before game 5 and the cubbos should be given atrophy

the cubs already atrophied enough on their own

ba-dum *tss*

the 80s were a simpler time

Give some dirty injun your house then

I still remember when racism meant treating somebody poorly just because of their race, or drawing attention to a uncomplimentary stereotype.

Now merely noticing that people of different skin tones exist is considered racism.

If Chief Wahoo had Xs for eyes and a bottle of firewater next to him, then it would be racist. If First Nations peoples had inordinately large teeth because of some thousand-year-old genetic drift, then maybe that logo would qualify. If there was a legitimate stereotype that First Nations peoples had triangular eyes (like the silly "Asian girls have sideways vaginas"), then maybe you'd have a case.

As it stands, today's PC nonsense is just facism masquerading as manners.

LOL Chicago is the most racist city in America.

>Most of Sup Forums thinks it's bullshit that there's controversy over Washington's football name UNLESS it's convenient to use it to insult Washington on gameday

>Sup Forums whines constantly about muh librul pc garbage

>suddenly the Cleveland baseball team is the KKK and it's an outrage

not even a Cleveland fan, honestly I wanted the cubs to win the series a bit more, but W E W

That one black guy on Around the Horn whines about it all the time, too.

You mean Joe Maddon?

"indians" is a little bit less inflamatory than "redskins" mang

Boston, my dude.

bc its easier to whine about something that they can't change instead of actually caring enough about natives to donate time or money to helping them overcome their current problems

yeah, it's bawwston

How is Wahoo any less offensive than this?

>Elongated chin and a recessed brow line, suggesting prehistoric Neanderthal qualities and intelligence.

>Flat nose, beady eyes, suggesting an aggressive and violent personality.

>Comically large mustache.

>Fuckin' braids, which is the oldest Scandinavian caricature in the book.

Wahoo is just a fun and happy dude. Nothing offensive or even really stereotypical.

Aren't these two of the most liberal cities in America? How can they be racist?

Because natives are passive...

Wait. Is this image real or is it shopped? Is Chief Wahoo really a Trump supporter?

Ohio confirmed as red.

>Chief Wahoo prominently featured on sleeves and caps
>Indian war whoops in the dugout after a home run
>Clear chewing tobacco usage also visible in dugout

Where were you when the most anti-PC MLB team won it all in 2016?

Because Vikings don't fucking exist anymore and haven't for over a 1000 years.

Liberals ARE racist. They want to keep minorities complacent by giving them benefits and reliant on the government to the point where they will never truly thrive.

Conservatives want to make minorities independent and self sufficient, thus leading to their independence from government subsidies and that will allow them to thrive.

As a lifelong Indians fan I say get Wahoo all the way up and out of this bitch. Just use the nice classy 'C' logo.

Rename the team "The Tribe". It's a cooler name anyway.

Retiring Wahoo at least seems like a reasonable request. But there's no real reason to change the name.

>white people don't use government services

lol

Protip: don't voice this kind of opinion in public. I got really drunk at a Browns game last year and started talking to my friend's gf about how I hate it when white people try to claim minority status by constantly reminding you that they're 1/32nd cherokee or something. The girl was 1/64th blackfoot and she got REALLY offended and now like a half dozen people won't talk to me because I'm a "racist".

It's fine to think those thoughts in your head, but people get really upset IRL.

This is the better example tbqh.

White people do, but you'e foolish to think that food stamp, WIC, SNAP, and Section 8 housing benefits don't dis-proportionally go to minorities

(You)

Yep. Once people become independent, they no longer need the Democratic Party. Black communities don't "thrive", because Democrats don't allow blacks to leave their plantation.

How about we not and just say we did?

>caring what retarded liberals think of you

>But there's no real reason to change the name.

Yes there is, there's no reason for a race of people to be reduced to a mascot or a sports team.

How would you feel about the cleveland honkies.

Sounds like you shattered an illusion and it rustled her jimmies. You were in the right, user, and she was wrong. I know it doesn't make up for your lost friends, but you should take some comfort in your correctness.

>implying indians still exist

Tobacco is anti-PC? You are one of those people I see.

>But there's no real reason to change the name.

My point of view is that it is kind of dumb to think that a race of people embodies "otherness" to the point where it is worthy of naming a team after them. It's like calling a team the Human Beings or something. In a league of "Cubs" and "Tigers" and "Rangers" and "Mariners", it is just out of place.

Tribe is a better name because while it still refers to a group of people, it refers to a group of people who have made an identifying choice, rather than a group of people who were just born with certain DNA.

It is when children look up to you and you're doing it at a baseball game.

Alcohol use is disgusting as well, but unfortunately it's accpeted in society.

The problem is I'd like to think I'm a really big liberal. For context I'm half black and half polish. But I just think it's bullshit when blonde haired blue eyed suburban girls want to tell me about how hard "their people" have been oppressed because their white great great grandfather raped their native american great great grandmother.

*the hardest eye roll*

No one cares you fucking bleeding heart. No amount of whining about Wahoo/Indians on Twitter and social media is going to change actual ballpark-attending Indians fans' thoughts on the matter.

The Indians make a fuckton of money off Wahoo merchandise too, a lot more than they do with that trite block C logo. It's not going anywhere.

And whites make up about 70% of the USA, and blacks are about 12%. So my point is exactly. Minorities use it disproportionally

Not sure if you're trolling to help me prove my point though. In that case, you got me to respond

>cleveland honkies

You obviously need to raid and pillage her family's homestead and take her as a third wife.

Minorities make up a much smaller amount of the total population, yet take about half of that share.

Cry me a river bitch.

That would be fucking great. Imagine how made Liberals would be if the white team won this year. Go Chief Chad!

>It's not going anywhere.

You're delusional to think that. Indians have been the laughing stock of the league for over a hundred years. When they win the world series and bring in more publicity the name is going to be brought to even more light.

Holy shit dude, be a bigger faggot.

yes lets just erase all native american logos

basically erasing all native americans from public view

man, we are blowing the whole nation the fuck out.

Let me guess. You one of those white people who think the down trodden need you to defend them?

yeah what would happen

For thinking that doing disgusting drugs like chewing tobacco and alcohol aren't fine?

Kys you stupid fucking faggot. Go get drunk and pass out in your own vomit fucking degenerate

and theres other stats....

Nice False equivalence

Hes got you on Latinos tho, they make up 16% of the population.

Actually whites are the ones using it disproportiantely.

If you look at the poverty numbers less blacks are actually using it than they should be, as compared to whites who are just looking for free handouts and commiting fraud.

Most of those are bullshit. Cowboys are Cowboys because they choose to be Cowboys. The Cowboy mascot could be black and it wouldn't matter.

Same with pirates/raiders/bucs etc.

Chief Wahoo can't be anything other than a Native American and once a long time ago someone thought that simply being Native American was worthy of being a team mascot.

It's dumb and we should do away with it IMO.

Go Tribe.

>Nice False equivalence
You're really a bigot aren't you?

I really wouldn't care

but their ancestors are still around... hey that sounds familiar...

That's the benefit of being a privleged white person. Caricatures and stereotypes don't hurt you as much as they do minorites

Other than the fact that it isn't.

That's fucked up, and you know it. But your presumed response is to do nothing, and that's not better. I don't have a much better solution, but something needs to be done. Maybe call us something more representative of the indigenous tribes that were here before we killed all of them?

how so?

And Asians, but everybody knows Asians are the most efficient. Admittedly I thought more Hispanics were recipients of benefits. However, this just covers SNAP and I'd like to see more about the TANF and other benefits

it's about treating people's culture like a cheap prop. considering the genocide, using a goofy red native caricature is pretty disrespectful. they aren't even indians, so naming a team the caucasians isnt the same thing, and already it's unacceptable to whites just for that.

Mulatto detected

How would it hurt anyone?

Stereotype Threat

>Caricatures and stereotypes don't hurt you as much as they do minorities
Pretending to speak for all minorities. Such arrogance. Liberal detected. No fuck, no marry, just kill.

what does this even mean?

>Cowboys are Cowboys because they choose to be Cowboys
so if they kept the logo and called themselves the warriors it would be okay?

If a team was named the "Cleveland Crackas" and featured a toothless redneck and his wife/sisterr then I might be more inclined to agree.

But "Vikings" and "Raiders" aren't even close to the same fucking thing.

You're grasping at straws.

Per capita, blacks are using it at an exorbitantly higher rate and this is just a statistically true fact. The "reason" people use it is insignificant, and often subjective as to whether they "should be" using it.

Fraud is definitely a significant problem, but even with all the white fraud, the blacks are still costing tax payer much more money.

>considering the genocide
Yes, because you canucks were so kind to your native population and never hurt any of them. GFY.

Maybe by reminding you that people like you have been systemically shit on for no good reason for the entire history of this country and the powers that be can't even be fucked to correct a 500 year old misnomer.

>number of white people living in poverty higher than the entire black population

W E W

paint any of those logos brown and you will be suddenly offended

>fighting mexicans
>boston indians
>sandiego imams

This. Actual redskins and Indians don't give a fuck about team names. People that look like pic related do

>so if they kept the logo and called themselves the warriors it would be okay?

Change the logo and the name then it's fine. Because that logo would still be associated with Native Americans

GS Warriors are perfectly fine.