I really, really miss him.

The GOAT

Based metal garden gnome

Goodnight sweet prince.

Robbie

Bjork boo

W-what do you mean by that?
Is Tom ok?

Joanna Newsom pre-HOOM was really good in a quirky way, unfortunately her voice broke

I also really like Phil Elverum and the guy from Modest Mouse, Phil always has that soft tone but clearly can hear when he's yelling. Guy from Modest Mouse for LCW was quite good as well, iconic even

After deliberating for a couple of minutes I'll go with Neil Young, but Bjork was definitely close

HOOM has her best vocals you pleeb

his okay

it's a lot less vibrant than Ys and MeM. HOOM is her best album but I don't enjoy the vocals as much, so sue me

i see em as just as vibrant, but in a much more subtle way. they're not as immediate as her vocals on ys, but they're much more rewarding imo.

This, HOOM is her most nuanced work. And Ys is my personal favorite.

this

past 90's fuck no but still

the vocals on Ys are much closer and emotive, listen to Only Skin and then put on In California or something, you immediately hear how close she is to you as if she were whispering. maybe it's just a personal perception but it feels like the audience expands in HOOM and it's more like she's in concert or something, rather than playing to you personally. I'm trying not to sound like a fag here

yeah her rough voice is so perfect on Parallel Lines

David Thomas of course

My favorite singer next to King Diamond

hm yeah i can see why you'd think that. the more expansive and instrumentally diverse arrangements on HOOM puts a maybe less *personal* feel on the vocals. but i see that aesthetic as just as emotive and evocative as the aesthetics on ys, just in a different way

didn't expect to see someone else with this opinion. love you bro.

this video still sends chills down my spine.
youtube.com/watch?v=nrxmrS9FIzc

I just wish they could pull together a better album and get him to use his full potential
other favorites

these too

dev is my favorite musician of all time. kind of a bold opinion but i honestly think he's the greatest singer that ever lived. not only does he have amazing vocal chops, but the amount of feeling and emotion he can put into his voice is incredible

for me the song that does it is storm, with the bridge going into the last chorus.

>IIIIIF WE WANTED TO SAY WE WANTED TOOO
>IF WE WANTED TO SAAAVE OUR WOOOORRLD
>IM WAIIITIING HEEEEEREEEEEEEEEE WAIIITIIIIIIIING
>WAAAIITING HEEEEEEEEEEEEREEEEEEEE BAAAAAABYYYYYY
>PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSEEEEE STAY WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

chills every time

+1

This

Thom for sure

great song. I don't think he's the greatest voice ever, but I would agree that there are moments where he truly does bring feeling into his music in ways few people ever could. The Death of Music, Deadhead, Kingdom, Failure, The Way Home, Bastard, etc. It also doesn't hurt that he's phenomenal live as well. He's my second favorite musician ever behind Richard D. James.

Robert Smith for sure

Tim Kinsella

Also, Tom Waits

no mate sorry but no

muh nigga

LMAOOOO

this so fucking much

JEFF MANGUM. Seriously not kidding at all. The exasperation in his voice is so visceral, transcendent.

>the lyricism and singing in the last half of Gardenhead/leave me alone

trash

David Bowie without a doubt

suck a dick

Surprised nobody's posted Elizabeth Fraser yet.

cool

why did he have to die?

I fucking adore her voice, Jeff Buckley is also tied for my favorite.

nice

Damn, OP ya took mine

>OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

All good choices so far boys

I feel like Phil Elverum is the obvious choice but really really truly Phil Elverum

Billy Mackenzie

...also Demis Roussos

bump

Elverum's voice has become very agreeable to me over the years; I'm not fond of how it sounded in any of his work under The Microphones.

op said singer

morrissey is so cute

cobain

ITT: People who have never listened to Nilsson

Not even kidding

You already posted the best user
These too

Annie Clark to be sure

This

>no Josh Homme in this thread yet
What the fuck is wrong with you people?

These are my top 2. I know it makes me seem like a basic white girl on tumblr but I dig 'em hard aye

Vitas is a fantastic singer