/daily/ - Feminism General

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>templates/listenalong schedules
dailymu-sic.weebly.com/

>>discord
discord.gg/8exuEmG

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/bug-bus-piano/ha-ha-ha-piano/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/nathan-bowles/whole-and-cloven/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/казма_казма/пляски_трубадуров/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/jacques-brel/ces-gens-la-1/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/carl-crack/black-ark/
youtube.com/watch?v=7-w2rw1HPHI
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/rene_hell/vanilla_call_option/
youtube.com/watch?v=OKsde2lWY-U
youtube.com/watch?v=kbnaXX3bXxc
youtube.com/watch?v=txNEZqUYsak
soundcloud.com/metalfacerecords/mad-nice
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

here we go

i approve of this op image

>white jazz
*yawns*

nth for womemes

reposting because it was posted after this thread was made

t. dark jangle

gazma gazma :DDDDDD

hai hai gasma daioh :D

nice drums

You're going to have to explain this avant-weeb meme to me, I'm behind on my knowledge of Aum Shinrikyo propaganda cartoons

its konosubsubuabab

it'll be even funnier the third time you post it

nice drums

you know what to do........ or do you?
2 submissions limit

eric taxxon - summer drones

belong - october language
gas - narkopop

Erica Pomerance - You Used to Think

gary wilson you think you really know me

rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/bug-bus-piano/ha-ha-ha-piano/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/nathan-bowles/whole-and-cloven/

Desire by Tuxedomoon
Terrifyer by Pig Destroyer

black boned angel - supereclipse
vladislav delay - kuopio

epic, simply epic

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/jacques-brel/ces-gens-la-1/

Other submission is rateyourmusic.com/release/album/carl-crack/black-ark/

youtube.com/watch?v=7-w2rw1HPHI
that liturgy oval split and survival s/t

nice drums

Seemen - In Your Hands
Bourbonese Qualk - Preparing for Power

sick

hmmmm

jumping on the hype train. gimme 5 weird/fun recs.

I never post in these here goes

if I like Brown Bird what would you throw me

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/rene_hell/vanilla_call_option/

ghibli - pythia

lil wayne - tha carter II

Absolutely Free by The Mothers of Invention

Songs:Ohia

THAT is about the best group i could ask for desu. thanks.

J.J. Cale - Naturally
Fred Neil - s/t

Maybe Karen Dalton & Sandy Denny too

>Кaзмa кaзмa - Пляcки тpyбaдypoв

Assuming I listened to the same album everyone else did, this is a very fun and consistent album. It sounds like it was recorded in the 40s, which gives it an odd nostalgic old film score vibe that made me like it more.

8/10

i'll listen to IAALOBO tomorrow, don't know if I'm ready for that shit right now. See y'all then.

this monster will be listened to after my current chart. christ.

just a warning, prepare to actually be blown away by Tha Carter II. Shit's (fire emoji) (fire emoji) (laughing crying emoji)

speaking of which
demon city was the best thing from this row. a big step up from american drift. excited to look even further into her now.
interview was also pretty solid. the rest was varying degrees of pretty good to meh.
i'm excited to give the guy an honest try.

radical

>8/10

Thank god, I was afraid this was going be the next ...and friends where everyone gives it a 3.5

do Z A P P A

I might give this a try too. Hopefully it's better than Da Drought 3. I loved a lot of shit on there, but there was so much wrong with it.

NOT YET BUT I WILL

damn
maybe I'll hang out more often, cheers

Good morning /daily/!

Flying to S E R B I A to see 2Pac today, but mostly for work. Gonna be there for the next 2 weeks, so I downloaded Guitar Wolf discog. Gotta get back on my nip shit.

by the way im not actually doing a chart i just wanted some quick (You)s

i'd probably throw you a rock wtf

Oh, (you)!

u rascal

But I though 2Pac was going to do a duet with Kendrick Lamar as Coachella?

The joke's on (You), my (You)s have as much value as Transnistrian currency!

>a rock
if you ever shitpost like that again i'll track you down like an elk & eat your liver

now what the FUCK would you recommend me son

memed hard

career suicide - attempted suicide

heck I got KEKED by yamir

>I might give this a try too.
>Hopefully it's better than Da Drought 3.
It's lit, desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=OKsde2lWY-U

>But I though 2Pac was going to do a duet with Kendrick Lamar as Coachella?
He doesn't mess around with Bosnians

>tfw six more Yous
im so glad i gave up on contributing anything useful and instead providing high quality entertainment

This wasnt me but the real me (which is me btw) would rec that anyway

those digits tho

he cant keep getting away with it

Btw, what does /daily/ think of my new youtube video?

youtube.com/watch?v=kbnaXX3bXxc

>divine styler - what the fuck
i expected this album to be weird but not THIS weird. the first 3 or so tracks are spoken-word affairs over strangely 80s-tinged half-beats. his lyrics lead me to believe that he's fucking nuts, evidenced further by the two tracks with an actual beat that follow. the production choices are just so OUT there, so wacky, that they left me kind of shook. the guy is a decent rapper but the bars he's spitting are so heady and retarded that i can't exactly "vibe". then there's that one track where he's just screaming about autumns of light. the rest of the album is a guitar solo-infused mess of idealism and "hip hop." while it was wacky, it was only enjoyable because of how wacky it was, and not necessarily because it was "good."

>mob deep - the infamous
shit's dope. the beats are nearly exactly my style, the dark piano lines and boom bap drums are fantastic throughout. the rapping is consistently great, and the lyrics are grounded and realistic.

try faces or mti next

faces looks dope, ill prolly do that

>it was only enjoyable because of how wacky it was, and not necessarily because it was "good."
but that's a good way of being enjoyable

yeah that's why good is in quotes

whom are thou quoting though

>it was only enjoyable because of how wacky it was, and not necessarily because it was "good."
The more you listen to it, the more you start to realize that it is simultaneously wacky AND good.

Plus, this album came out on Warner Bros. Records. Total madness on a major record label.

Jay Munly - Jimmy Carter Syndrome (2002)
>gothic country

Simpler, less expansive, and more Nick Cave-esque than The Lee Lewis Harlots, all of which are pretty negative characteristics to me. Something about Munly's vocals and lyrics really grates on me here, they're still filled with grit and bravato but the vocals feel a lot less natural and the lyrics are a bit too out there and not in a good way at all. Instrumentally it's a bit too gothic for me, and I know that sounds like a really fucking stupid criticism but 16 Horsepower is really the only band that can pull off this punky gothic country sound off well, so the tracks where Munly owes more to standard alt-country and americana are the best tracks here, and they are pretty great tracks, not gonna lie. He'd definitely improve, but this is a decent album nonetheless.

2.5+

椎名林檎 - 勝訴ストリップ (Shōso Strip) (2000)
>art pop, pop rock

It's sad that even someone as creative and inventive as Sheena can't make J-pop sound distinct at all. Kalk Samen Kuri no Hana is obviously still indebted to j-pop at least a little bit, but this album really embodies that super typical Japanese power pop sound that I don't like at all. The saving grace of the album is the noisy production, it's probably all just brickwalled to hell and back but it makes for a super cool sound and some truly heavy, demolishing moments, which can make even the cheesiest, most generic J-pop song sound cool as hell. And of course, there are some pretty great moments that show off Sheena's talent as a songwriter, but they're just a bit too buried.

2.5+

yeah its probably the most consistent cloud rap project ive heard, definitely the best mac. it still has patchy spots, but ive kept coming back to it ever since it first came out.

my dude my guy
yeah shit's nuts. I'm definitely gonna give it more attention

i just replied to myself i gotta go

great video 9/10

y'know not gonna lie ain't it funny honestly does deserves to be in the top 100 singles on rym

Ghédalia Tazartès - Une éclipse totale de soleil (1984)
>electroacoustic, experimental

Not nearlly as sonically interesting as Diasporas. The first track flirts with some cool sound design and some fucking awesome, pounding drum machines, but it slowly devolves into some standard electroacoustic stuff. It's never bad (well, the crying child on the second track is grating), but Tazartès is capable of so much more.

2.0+

I know you're just being nice but thanks anyway

7/10 I subscribed

what the paramore song? yeah it's not bad desu

no the Danny Brown song lmao

the Paramore song (Ain't It *Fun) is a good track too though, i've always kinda liked them.

nah, it was a strange topic to do a video about but I unironically enjoyed it

Luciano Cilio - Dialoghi Del Presente

Meant to talk about this yesterday but sleep got in the way. Really beautiful combination of styles. I loved the guitar playing and the layering of the voice in the first part. The more avant-garde percussive improvisation in the second part is the sort of thing that would often put me off, but with the woodwinds over the top it was very effective. Of course the solo piano was beautiful. Finally the interlude really sealed it. That guitar picking was amazing. 8 for now, might go up

Ringo has made some of the best pop music out there, but I totally agree with you. She really does bury a lot of great songwriting under a lot of unneccissary stuff.

One of my favorites of hers:
youtube.com/watch?v=txNEZqUYsak

AA is really interesting to me. I won't say he's the reason I didn't follow in my family's hardcore Catholic ways (I'd probably give that to Carl Sagan lol), but when I found him when I was a super impressionable tween I really gravitated towards his stuff. Every year I've hated him more and more. By the time I was almost done with high school I fucking hated his stuff.

Good vid btw.

The Akira album is super underwhelming, but I'd love to hear your thoughts anyways.

aye

pan a janglecore and I'll give u a kiss

Death Grips are a good band.

agree

ooh that's good bombast

I'll get on Akira soon

Yes

NO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Is Paul Bley janglecore? Listening now and it's a bit eh

Did he just say what I think he said?

I'M FISH is a loser.

Thoughts on the new DOOM track?:
soundcloud.com/metalfacerecords/mad-nice

I think the feature is great, DangerDoom's instrumental is pretty incredible, and DOOM's flow is great as always, but what's with his voice? It sounds...rusty to me for some reason. I don't buy that this is just how his voice is now. After all, on the new Kool Keith song he sounds fine, and same thing with his feature on that Avalanches song from last year. Regardless, I liked it, and I hope DOOM puts out that fucking Ghostface collab already jesus christ.

thnx

truth

semi-jangle I suppose. A pan of David Holland is the key.

>DangerDoom
I obviously meant DangerMouse but I guess this also makes sense since it does kinda sound like a DOOM beat too.

MSI >

you're terrible at making comparisons between Sup Forumscore and trans-core ya know that?

the appeal is p much the same to me but i don't like ride

bruh u racist?

nah i love white people

true