Post your setup

Just got my turntable set up and want to show it off. Love to see some of y'alls too!

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/Interpol-Turn-On-The-Bright-Lights/release/10088117
turntablelab.com/products/turntable-lab-cork-record-mat
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Here's the full thing

damnit user, thats a sexy piece of equipment

also nice flag, Virginiafag here, too. will post my dorm room setup in a second.

ive been thinking about replacing the death grips poster in case i have a girl over but who am i kidding lol

is my boy listening to Dads?

heres mine. I just started collecting about a year ago, so all my records are in that container to the left of my tt
>inb4 u-turn
its a good table

>inb4 speakers on same surface as turntable

I know, but the cords to the speakers are too fucking short to go anywhere else. I've been meaning to address it.

i like it, but get those speakers elevated user cmon

The speakers in the entertainment unit are off when I use my turntable.

nothing fancy

Yup! Really love that album, pretty sure they're broken up now unfortunately IIRC.

not its cool op just lies on the ground

>Prima Donna vinyl
>Persona 5
Absolutely patricia-
>Twilight series

Are u-turns that bad? I like the look of them, might've gotten one if I hadn't gotten the Marantz from my parents.

Cool Samus

They're not bad, but their not good either.

For entry level they are a basic table.

Howver, an lp120 does everything it does in spades as long as you are not using the pre amp that is already installed, but has controls to adjust the table to its needs. And an actually decent motor at its price point

this picture. thank u

How do I take a picture of my phone?

i have an ion turntable, but good speakers. how fucked am i

use your turntable's built-in camera

no replace bc it is kinda tasteless

Are you going to play each record 30+ times?

They will sound like shit.

Are you going to play a few records on weekends?

They will damage minor, but had you been a decade or more older and seen what all the used records at the record store were played on you'd think the over exaggeration from the internet would be a little more calmed.

upgrade when you can. even buy a cheaper turntable or used midrange with a midranged (100ish) cart and needle if you ever take this hobby seriously

>Are you going to play a few records on weekends?

this to be honest. i got it primarily to rip vinyls via usb, but i do listen to them directly now and then

you better be either under 20 or ashamed

I wouldn't be overly concerned with it.

If you find yourself listening to records a lot more than you currently are, or your collection is growing, upgrade.

In a system the importance goes like this.
Speakers> Speaker Placement> Room/Treatment> Source> Amp

The last three being interchangable

Yeah I agree with you really. I really fell out of death grips too, so it seems especially pointless to me lately. Bought it at a show I went to with my best friend when I was really into them so I guess it kind of evokes good memories. Still, I'll be moving out of my apartment in August, and don't imagine it'll go up wherever I end up next.

what is wrong with his set up?

your roommates let you play that music on the speakers? Mine think Brian Eno is weird, so I just listen on headphones now.

it looks like the bedroom of someone living with his parents still.

>speakers on ground

>wont play below 60hz

>amp at top of bookshelf

>one speaker in corner, the other by the wall

>bookshelf between speakers

There are several issues here that can be easily solved for the cost of nothing

thats a nice deck though. i cannot see the cart, but I am assuming its the original, in which op should replace it

Falsie

good to know. thanks for the info

My setup. the console is my receiver haha.

Is the Audio Technica LP60-USB a good turntable for someone on a budget?

me
I've had one for a while and it worked fine, and you can get pretty decent sound out of them. The tracing force isn't too heavy either. Definitely better than a crosley.

theyre not bad, some people just hate on them

its not that he LETS me play music on the speakers, its more of me not caring whether not he likes/dislikes what i play

the poor plebian has hear quite a bit of relatively obscure music at high volumes from my speakers and i couldnt care less if he hates it.

LP-60 I know, I'm upgrading soon

Also

i was considering buying a lp60, is there something wrong with it? would you recommend something else?

my lp60 plays 45's too fast, but the rest is fine. sound quality is good with good speakers. however I want to upgrade better also I want a counterweight so it isnt hurting my records. Im probably getting an Lp120 soon

I would also recommend sticking to the one without the usb. If youre getting the one with usb you might as well save a little more for an lp120

Where did you get that Samus Aran figurine?

Is that a bootleg?

you really do sound like a college student

Is it just the pics, or is your verticle tracking angle all messed up?

What a cheap and easy way to store my records?

you misspelled douche-bag

crates

you bought and put up the poster because you really enjoy their music and the art they make, and you have memories of the show with your friend. are you really becoming jaded of it because Sup Forums doesn't like to think it's cool anymore or are you really just not into it now

4/10
8/10
6/10 but I dig the utilitarianism
7/10 clean
2/10 don't stack ur components
6/10 nice making do with the equipment u got
magic8/10ball

I was going for as simple a set up as possible with no middle components visible so I chose a deck with a built in preamp and powered speakers. >pic

not him but it ain't, it's an anniversary edition or something, just came out, looks dope and I want it

I'm trying to get into vinyl and have 2 questions:

Is the lP60 fine? I've heard that the belt drive doesn't matter all the much as replacing isn't difficult or expensive.

And is a HiFi speaker setup better than headphones? If so, what entry level speakers would you recommend?

plz r8 dont h8

get anything with a counterweight at least, that's good enough, even vintage shit just change the cartridge.
>headphones or speakers?
both

my turntable taken in the ~dark~

We get that you own NODs, but just turn on the fucking lights

Old Phone photo. Fisher 400 Valve Receiver, Trio Belt Drive turntable and Akai Amplifier (don't use this anymore. Also not in shot are my speakers, Tannoy Monitor HPD 10'

>I was going for as simple a set up as possible with no middle components visible so I chose a deck with a built in preamp and powered speakers

good idea. might steal it once I have money to throw at my own setup

shit selection of powered speakers that arent monitors so good luck, worth it tho in my op

I'm relatively new to vinyl, have a couple LP's and got a player from my grandmother, but it's pretty used. Can someone recommend me a good player that is not too pricey?

the usual suspects: project debut carbon, u-turn orbit, at lp120, rega rp-1

>You don't stack your components

That's the oddest thing I've ever heard. My pops stacked and I stack.

Many thanks! Do you also have any recommendation for speakers? As I said, I'm new to all this stuff.

>don't stack ur components
foolish

Anything secondhand (craigslist) should be good because you'll likely be able to try it out and get a decent price.

discogs.com/Interpol-Turn-On-The-Bright-Lights/release/10088117

Yeah sorry, it's my girlfriends.

you're facilitating resonances but it's probably negligible idk, just something I've heard

nice speaker placement, enjoy your mono

That's a disease.

Mine:
>LP 120 with an upgraded 2M Red
>Audioengine A5+

Not the best setup in the world due to limited space, but once I get some new furniture I plan to get stands for the speakers. I am also planning to take out the pre-amp and replace it with a preamp/headphone amp combo.

Forgot pic

I also keep all my records in this crate my girlfriend and I made last summer.

I know I've gotta get my speakers up off the ground but other than that it's pretty /comfy/

is that a cork slip (grip) mat? is there an audible difference in sound?

what is the record ?

Yep! Same as the one here:
turntablelab.com/products/turntable-lab-cork-record-mat

Short answer: yes

Long answer: Yes, kinda. I went from a felt (the one that comes with the LP120) to this cork and I certainly noticed the dampening at louder volumes. At lower, less vibrating volumes it sounded the exact same. Once I started to turn the volume up I noticed the difference especially on thinner, less weighted, records. If you're someone who doesn't listen to your records loud you probably wont notice.

Looks like you have 2 subwoofers

Way to many fantasy novel sets/ 10

Sexy turn-T, should should upgrade your amp next. Got my Onkyo for around $130 used, highly recommend.

Yes, DG poster is fucking horrible

Yes I'm well aware that the speakers should be on a different surface. My whole set up is moving in like 2 weeks. For a first set up I think I'm doing alright.

PL 518
JVC RS-77
Realistic Speakers

Question: Why do people drop money on new low end tables like the U-Turn when they can get a table from the late 70s/80s used that will play circles around it?

i love the essential oils on the bottom shelf lol. 8/10 imo

Just a set of ATH-M50's and an interface, nothing else.

You sound like a fucking faggot.

>has hear

Sure it is.

What's the Spiderland signature? I can't make it out.

I love that style of TT. I've got a full auto AKAI just for the way they laid it out.

What model of TT is that?

Its signed by David Pajo

Are you planning on having a girl over who doesn't know who death grips is in 20-fucking-17?

They're widely available so convenience, I guess? That and craigslistning an old TT can be risky. If it's vintage, could have lots of issues.If you're not experienced with repair or don't want to drop more money on a repair a new one sounds like a good option.

0w0 whats dis
( but seriously)

Any good bluetooth speakers? I got this ION bluetooth turntable for birthday present.

What do you guys think of vinyl bootlegs? I know Acid Rap and Nostalgia Ultra have nice looking bootlegs.

The only reason to buy bootlegs is for live shows

?

What are some good entry level bookshelf speakers for movies/music? I hear good things about the ELAC B5.

Turnover? Please for the love of God get a new turntable, it's gonna scratch the shit out of your albums

yea m8.

Feels like a dick move only using your birthday present for a month before changing but you're prub right.

Any recs on good turntables?

I thought so, jealous of your pressing.

You can honestly get solid vintage tables for around $100 maybe a little more. Check your local Craigslists ads. Look for something that has a counter weight and anti skate. If you wanna go new you could always go to the Meme tables like the LP120 or U-Turn.