Do any of you really have patrician taste? Please introduce me to bands similar to The Mars Volta, At The Drive-In...

Do any of you really have patrician taste? Please introduce me to bands similar to The Mars Volta, At The Drive-In, Pinback, Baroness, Deftones, Tool, Interpol, Kyuss, and Queens of The Stone Age. They can be new or have a small group of real fans. I love many more talented artists, but those that I listed are a select few that are masterminds. I'm going to A Perfect Circle concert very soon, and I'm losing my mind.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N59La4jsOjA
youtube.com/watch?v=EIoUl3Kj7cw
youtu.be/08fqHr_KGPY
youtu.be/1YDNvGegb9c
youtube.com/watch?v=0_jbLT8_QQE
youtu.be/WFaIaAT9Up8
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6p-UTLdsNe2j9z36Kb4tPXP2Udp5Fxk3
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Only true patricians listen to literally any form of music and find enjoyment from it. That includes top
40 hit music, rap and country, and Icelandic post folk revival.

You're not ready for the real stuff, but look into 90s and 00s alt rock/metal since you already like it

So it has to be a rock band with relatively small uses of instruments that are outside of vanilla rock guitar? Do you have any intention of leaving that bubble?

youtube.com/watch?v=N59La4jsOjA

here, now lurk for at least 6 months before posting again

I'm cynical however I know what the hell good music is and isn't and that is not what patrician means here.

Love them... Oh Please, it's my first time ever being on mu and i'm very open minded when it comes to music but you guys are a bunch of fruits.

I've only listened to kyuss and qotsa out of those groups, and if you haven't checked out the band Masters of Reality, you're really missing out on some of that weird desert rock music they do. Also this may be a stretch but The Jesus Lizard or Melvins for some different sounding rock music

Yes.

The National - Boxer
youtube.com/watch?v=EIoUl3Kj7cw
They're similar to Interpol.
Titus Andronicus - The Monitor
youtu.be/08fqHr_KGPY
Punkish
Cloud Nothings - Attack On Memory
youtu.be/1YDNvGegb9c
Post-hardcore
Preoccupations - Viet Cong
youtube.com/watch?v=0_jbLT8_QQE
Post-punk
Protomartyr - Agent Intellect
youtu.be/WFaIaAT9Up8
Post-punk
to which question lol

the second

Baddass.

>Patrician
>Bands

patricians grow out of popular music and realize on art music and traditional music are worth listening to.

Red Fang, Truckfighters, Kadavar, Unida, Puscifer and A Perfect Circle (if you like Tool and want to branch out), Fu Manchu, Turbowolf, Orange Goblin, I could go on forever.

Here, this seems related to what you may like: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6p-UTLdsNe2j9z36Kb4tPXP2Udp5Fxk3

Loving it, i've loved The National for some time

Okay okay, i love a lot of music not just my artsy rock music

I'm just gonna list off some albums I really love because I think we probably have decently similar tastes

Electric Wizard - Dopethrone
Melvins - Houdini
this Suicidal Tendencies s/t
Converge - Jane Doe
Husker Du - Zen Arcade
Shellac - At Action Park
Screaming Trees - Dust (also some of Mark Lanegan's solo albums like Bubblegum and Whiskey for the Holy Ghost)
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Let Love In
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose the Swans
Chrome - Half Machine Lip Moves
The Stooges - Funhouse
Foetus - Nail
Dino Jr. - You're Living All Over Me
Jesus Lizard - Goat

In that playlist Manhattan Project (4th song) is my personal favorite desu

I love those guys lol, but not exactly on the same page here.

You're very correct about similar tastes

Art music? How would you describe that? Do you mean noise or improvisation? Or composers like Cage and Stockhausen? I understand what you mean, expand your taste, but isn't all music art? Taylor Swift, Ornette Coleman, Leonard Cohen, Beethoven, Masonna, Tupac, Weird Al. All technically art.

Drive Like Jehu - Yank Crime. Hot Snakes - Audit In Progress.

Cedric, Omar, and the Deftones guys are all big fans.

I saw Kyuss and Qotsa and jumped straight to Stoner Rock man

Yes, Music is an art. I just can't think of a word to describe "pretty" sounding more on the lines of rock, punk, and metal. I should have added way more variation to my list because now I'm being called out for my bullshit rather than getting cool music.

this is your answer op.

Don't get me wrong, you just introduced me to two new bands that i've never even heard of and now love. I'm very glad. Would you consider Kyuss stoner rock? I love them, and I don't exactly know what to think of them.

Perfect.

If you haven't already dove into Homme side projects, I would recommend stuff like The Eagles of Death Metal and Them Crooked Vultures. I'd be surprised if you hadn't heard of these though.

Check out the desert sessions tapes too. Basically QOTSA and friends would go into the desert, do a bunch of drugs and record music. Sometimes they would cover QOTSA songs or write new ones. A must listen for any fans of them. Specifically, Vol. 5 and 6 are my favorite.

Oh yeah, love both of those guys.
Holy shit thats hilarious.. I'll definitely give that a listen

Not that poster (who seems like a pompous twat, btw), but "art music" is a pretty common musicological term for music that stems from some kind of strict, formal style of music or is more conceptual than aesthetic in composition.

Basically a snob's way of saying classical music, but it's a more encompassing term.

Have you noticed the rift Hot Snakes ripped off of from qotsa in that album?

I love At The Drive-In and The Mars Volta, if there are any similar bands you could show me that are like them it would probably make my night. That band Drive Like Jehu was awesome.

what song? john reis rips off 60s-70s obscure 7" riffs, not current band riffs. qotsa and him probably ripped off the same obscure band.

Hot Snakes is the 2nd version of DLJ same guitarists and singer, different rhythm section.

You might like Archers Of Loaf - Vee Vee and Polvo - Celebrate The New Dark Age

Cedric and Omar also really like Brainiac -Hissing Prigs In Static Couture.

Its sounds like Vaya era ATDI

Pompous twat here, thanks for clearing that up, I haven't really heard that being used to describe classical or "conceptual" compositions

moar

gazpacho - bravo and firebird specifically

archers of loaf vs the greatest of all time. polvo - exploded drawing. wipers - youth of america (the song). unwound - repetition. rocket from the crypt - hot charity/cut n play. metz - metz. built to spill - keep it like a secret. sunny day real estate - how it feels to be something on.

i give all of those 8+s out of 10.

already amazing, please show me anything else if you know of it

this is what my entire life has been leading up to thank you

i hope so. enjoyz.

try dozer