What kind of engineering should I study?

What kind of engineering should I study?

Also, $90K a year doesn't seem like much, is engineering even worth it?

if you think you are going to have a job that pays 90k or more, you are gonna have a bad time.

in the past, very unlikely. in today's environment, no way.

Of course you are free to flip burgers for a quarter of that money.

chemical

my advice is to try to find something you really love to do, and balance that first priority with the other priority of money

going to work will crush your soul, even if you make tons of money, if its something you hate

Do electrical or computer, but they are all good really in their own way
it's worth it bro 90k is double the average salary in the US, plus the work is really rewarding
>signed, a mechanical engineer

written with all the subtlety of an engineer

chem is good too, my degree is chemical
and there's at least a few chicks

subtlety?

This.

A salary of 90,000 puts you in the top 3% in the US. Good luck getting in a position that will allow you to make that much considering everyone and their brother will be competing for those same jobs as you

Engineering is for fags.

Comp sci or EE, if you like coding and tech.

90k is beginner salary if you are talented.

I make 85k in Canada and I'm 30... should be up aroun 110 in a few years, so... not that hard

Bro do electromechanical, also known as Mechatronics

Best of both worlds and you'll be in high demand. School is hard as fuck and you'll be hating your life seeing your friends with joke majors just chilling and partying, but it's worth it.

Currently working on my PhD in Patent Law. Only two more years and I'm looking at $200k a year

I suggest everyone in this thread consider it

nice try but 85k canadollars is only like 60k in freedombucks

exactly, we lack any and believe our word on any matter is the end all be all answer.

do computer science and dont end up gay like you would have been if you did engineering

Why do engineering at all? Join a trade. I'm making 120k a year in my trade and I'm on the lower end. It's fun, we joke around while we work, and we have fun without being uptight. Also, one thing about trades is we are always in demand and you simply can't outsource tradesmen. Give it a look.

To be fair, you are being a douche

Engineers do do this, but that poster wasn't guilty of it just then

because user probably wants to be a productive member of society

software engineering you dumb cunt

that sounds like fun

i also want to compete against every other person from my generation at that finite amount of jobs available in my surrounding area

Civil Engineer of 12 years here (UK) who got into offshore / marine for a bit

Marine, Mechanical and Chem can all get into Oil & Gas very easily which is where there is a lot of money and big interesting projects.

Being in construction is good fun and you can make way more than 90k / year if you own your own business - it is very easy to get your own company of cleaners / painters / labourers going if you have the right contacts in construction.

You will never be rich as an engineer if you work from someone else......

ELectrical engineering student here that got an internship offer from a construction company

Should I do it?

>if you are talented
99% are not.

Yes.

Long hours, possibly quite a bit of stress but great experience.

Big project?

It's DPR Construction in California, I'm not really sure

I am engineer who makes over 100k a year, chief engineer that is