So is this the best R&B album of the 2010's?

So is this the best R&B album of the 2010's?

who say that?

how would i know

That would be Channel Orange.

lol no but for real though

Nah but the best of 2016

jai paul - demos > blonde

either this or Bilal's a Love Surreal or Glasper's Black Radio or

>album titled blond
>hair is green

blond is a magnificent piece of enthralling music which tugs at the ever fading heartstrings of a post modern collective. Every track single-handedly succeeds in colluding towards a cornucopia of sounds metamorphosing into the album you see before you.

this

When water applies to hair when you're trying to die it blonde or something like that it turns green and you can tell he's ashamed

agreed

*deletes Be yourself, Futura Free, and Facebook Story*

Now it's a good album

>JP
Irrelevant as fuck

>deleting Futura Free
nah.

this
Futura Free wraps up the album insanely well. Also the beginning works as it's own song kind of and I actually like it. I thought Facebook Story was kind of preachy but be yourself was actually important

It's complete filler and a waste of time.

whos right?

Take out "R&B" and you have a perfect statement.

this

Blonde is not just the best rnb album of the 2010's, it's the best album in general.It hits the same vein as ITAOTS for me.

i get so fucking nostalgic when i hear the opening of futura free, one of my favourite moments on the album. Also when he talks to his mother about his success and he loses his shit about it, fucking perfect.

>nostalgic
>for 2016

You have to be 18 to post here, friendo.

>a cornucopia of sounds metamorphosing into the album you see before you.

wow

a bunch of sounds result in an album

incredible

Yeah you can make anything sound dumb by dissecting it into simpler pieces than the original statement. You're not smart

Only good song is Pink & White

you are the most PLEN piece of shit I've ever seen post

No that would be D'angelo's Black Messiah

He could be referring to a general sense of nostalgia and not nostalgia specifically for 2016.

are you retarded? I can listen to an album made in 2025 and become nostalgic for 1789 if it reminds me of it. And before you make another stupid post, yes that is obviously exaggerated, but I think you get my point.

Had one of those oh yeah this album exists moments. Channel orange is better in every way sorry pham

Channel orange is superior in every way. Frank tried too hard here, he felt like just cos he's successful he needed to dig deep with some feel tunes. I get that it's not supposed to be as enjoyable as orange, but it's not even that good of a soul r&b album.

6/10

only R&B kiddies who can't handle production outside of basic 4/4 w/ a snare can't handle the complexity of Blonde and thus falsely think CO is superior which it isn't

CO might not even be better than Endless

Channel Orange was flawless. Blond seemed to be pandering, like I'm supposed to relate to it because I'm a millennial..

agreed Channel Orange was a 8/10 at best, good but nowhere near the detail or concept of Blonde

So is Frank a top or bottom?

agreed although it's a harsh way of putting it. Channel Orange is a great album, but it's also extremely straight forward and accessible. Blonde has an inhuman amount of depth and yet it is one of the most humane albums i've ever heard. I've listened to Blonde about 50 times and I still discover new melodies, new basslines, new details in the production, new lines that stand out, new meaning, it's infinitely replayable i always get something out of listening to it, which is why i always go back to it.
Also fun fact, Frank wrote Channel Orange in like two weeks, compare that with the almost years of on and off work he sunk into making Blonde. It obviously says nothing about the quality of the album, but it's a good indicator for the amount of thought and detail that went into it.

Middle

The most dominant of tops

chlorine makes blond hair turn green, ya bozo

>keep a place for me
>I'll sleep between y'all it's no thing

Blonde is probably my favourite album of the 2010's so yes

Best song?
I like nights and skyline to.

yes it's better than black messiah imo. Black messiah was good but blond shows a new direction that i'm into. Chanel and Biking are both p good to frank's next album should be tight

Nights and Self-Control for me

Changes so often, at first Nights, then Self Control, White Ferrari, Seigfried, Futura Free. Despite it not being my personal favourite on the album anymore, I am convinced that Seigfried is the best song purely in terms of objective songwriting quality.

nights and solo are my picks, but solo is growing a bit old

Ivy. It's perfect.

Solo(reprise) desu.

yeah Siegfrieds my favorite most likely the best song on the album too

>tfw no gf to sing and play ivy to

no.

Seigfried my man.

Lol

lmao leave

ACCEPT ME ON FAZEBUK

Sup Forumsreddit meme

Nights (particularly the second half) and Self Control

Shoutout to Close to You as well, the most underrated track.

stop

It's more than that, I wouldn't classify this as just an RnB album, like I wouldn't classify D'angelo's Black Messiah as an RnB album. Both are phenomenal, original albums that don't stick to one genre in any way.

AOTY 2016 for sure, unexpectedly beat out AMSP and Blackstar
it's also an indicator of the amount of talent has

Neither, he pretends to be gay for indie cred. Guy is straight as an arrow

Frank hates his fans tho, he hates the indie crowd in general

who cares, his sexuality is not really the main aspect in any of his work.

Post proof

my dad works at nintendo

solid, can't argue with that

white ferrari of course.

jai paul fan here

no

probably alone on this but Nikes is in my top 3

go fucking rite for pitchfork

literally >>>/tumblr/

1. Nights
2. Self Control
3. Seigfried
4. Ivy
5. White Ferrari
6. Pink + White
7. Skyline To
8. Solo
9. Nikes
10. Pretty Sweet
11. Godspeed
12. Futura Free
13. Solo (reprise)
14. inteludes

songs 1-8 are god tier tho

pink + white

>those strings

>just the same way you showed me
>showed me
>you showed me
>LOVE

fucking cum everytime, Blonde is one of the only album i'd rate a 10/10 without hesitation

>Contender for best album of the 10s

Ishouldbepayinyalllllll honesssssttttt to goooooooooooooooooodddddddddddddddd

That would be Yeezus

God damn, fuck these lames, they don't want none
Fuck these lames, they don't want none
Fuck these niggas
Fuck these niggas, they don't want none
Fuck these niggas
Fuck you niggas

Will definitely be an album I'll be listening 10 years from now. Still on a regular weekly listen. Still absolutely gorgeous.

Best album of the 2010s desu

>It's a great record that fits perfectly with modern sentiments of love and loss. Every song builds off each other to create a cohesive whole that give you perspective on not only Frank Ocean but also yourself.

Fixed it for you.

If this album continues growing on me so fast and aging as well as it did throughout the past 8 months, it's going to end up the best album of all time at one point.

i haven't listened to this yet, just wanted to say that she is HOT as FUCK in Moonlight.

this album paints such vivid imagery inside my head, something i don't get with any other album. i didn't even realize how much i liked it until i started crying once during white ferrari
fucking amazing

wow im an idiot this is so obvious but i never made the connection

blonde is lightyears better than channel orange

good guy, pretty sweet or close to you for me. i love those little vingette style songs on the back half they are much more interesting and exciting than the more traditional songs

White Ferrari and Self-Control just give me the feels

2nd best behind This

>tyler slept on my sofa, niggas go back that far
this line on futura free always fucks me up even though it's not that sad on it's own

this, obviously

short answer: yes

long answer: indubitably

listen
what people were raving about with Channel Orange, that 'this album received rave reviews on wikipedia' hype
THAT'S WHAT BLONDE REALLY IS
THE G O A T

if you took this seriously you should be ashamed becaus you lack basic interpretation skill, it makes no sense, its

bullshit

When will people realise Nikes is a great song?

>Best
Self Control
>Runner Up
Seigfried
>Worst
(excluding interludes) Pretty Sweet
>Underrated
Futura Free
>Overrated
Pink + White

hopefully soon ;-;