Why's the second disc so much worse?

Why's the second disc so much worse?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IQ9XcBZcVtc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's perfect. Appreciate a 10/10 album or GTFO you nonce.

>less mah rawk geetars?
>wow so much worse
kys

Because they're hacks.

28 songs in 120 minutes of all killer and no filler.

How the fuck did Corgan do it?

The second disk isn't bad at all, but I'd be lying if I said I don't prefer the first. Even with gems like 1979 and Stumbleine on the second the first is just so much more energetic and eventful.

>no filler
>the first minute of Porcelina

You mean the band performing the sounds of the ocean before a song that takes place in the ocean?
That's because disc 1 is day, and disc 2 is night.

>Tonight, tonight
>day

Corgan is talking about what will happen later that night.

Also just look at the discface you fucktard

I must confess, this is one of the few albums i just can't listen in a single session. I have to take a break after 1979.

>3x LP is going for 400$ on discogs
fucking kill me

dude
the second disk is so good what are you even smoking

>10/10
>nasally song intro has "thi wurld isa vampiire"

Choose one you caged rat.

>nasally
So?

So comprehend better. That's probably the least offensive part of a straight 0/10 song.

The world is a fucking vampire, it drains the shit out of me all the time. Annoying place, would rather fuck off to another planet away from all the arseholes but not possible yet.

>0/10 song.
>let me tell others about comprehension
kek

The vinyl version has a completely different track order, and I feel like they spent a lot more time sequencing it. It's a little jarring at first, but I feel like it flows better. Plus, the extra two tracks help.

F>or you.

Nobody thinks this shit is easy. Buy a crash helmet and stop being a mope with objectively 0/10 music.

>and I feel like they spent a lot more time sequencing it
You would be wrong.
>Plus, the extra two tracks help.
Literal filler vinyl bonus tracks so people would buy it

Also tonight reprise is feels as fuck
youtube.com/watch?v=IQ9XcBZcVtc

>objectively
How are you measuring that?

Fuck off arsehole. Stop flogging a dead horse.

In an objective non-whiny faggot sense. Squealing about shit with a furrowed brow and heavy guitars.

Lily though? My one and only? Solid fucking track. Same with 33 and 1979.

Get in your spaceship Spaceman Spiff. This world isn't meant f>or you.

>non-whiny
>faggot
>shit
All subjective. Try again.

Nature kids, they don't have no function

Disc 2 is the best you pleb. It's 10/10 from start to finish

Through the Eyes of Ruby, Stumbleine, XYU is a God tier song streak

Disc 2 has Ruby so it's the best, but the whole album is a fitting farewell to that genre/era of music that essentially died around this time, inadvertently or not. I can't not listen to this album and think of the big picture around it and not be intrigued.

>but the whole album is a fitting farewell to that genre/era of music that essentially died around this time

Please, elaborate.

Not him but i think he means the decline of alt rock.

After this, Alice and Chains and Soundgarden both broke up. Smashing Pumpkins changed their sound drastically, Pearl Jam had a commercial decline, watered down post grunge started to rise and then nu-metal happened and killed it off by 1998.

The whole thing is a masterpiece. Both discs are.

Siamese Dream is miles better
Honestly most of the somber songs are either a hit or miss for me. Songs like stumbeline are a direct hit, others like Lily are a miss.

I think all smashing pumpkings albums are very hard to compare to each other. They are all so different. Different styles and genres. I like MCIS the most, followed by Adore. Most people seem to prefer SD over the rest, but to me - while being a great album - it's inferior to both MCIS and Adore.

MCIS is an album that changes and acquires different meanings for me through time. I have come to love almost every song in both discs. But it has taken a long time for me to fully appreciate it. "Take me down" is the only song that I consider a low point in the album.

>"Take me down" is the only song that I consider a low point in the album.
wow fuck off

I feel the exact same way about the album acquiring different meanings over time. Just listening to it takes me through a journey where I discover new things and make new connections.

I like this album and have tried to like it more than I already do but there are a lot of filler songs. Siamese dream has just as many good songs but without the filler. Like em both

Disc 1 has those first six songs, including the best song on either disc, Here Is No Why. Also has Muzzle and Take Me Down.

Disc 2 has the worst song on either, Tales of a Scorched Earth. But the rest of the songs are good to great, albeit it only has a couple songs I'd rank in the top 7 or 8 overall.

So I think it's roughly even, with only a slight edge to disc 1.

OP here. Sorry guys, I uploaded the wrong photo. Here's the correct one.