I just took this! Am I going to die???

I just took this! Am I going to die???

Nah. But you definitely need a new cv boot. Not that difficult to do if you're semi handy.

Any danger in driving on it for a bit?

Not really but definitely don't do it for long. Otherwise it'll end up being expensive

What kind of car is it?

I'd look at replacing the CV altogether. How much money you got? It's not super expensive, but it's not a cheap fix either.

Its a 2009 camry. I appreciate the replies. If it's not a computer, I can't fix it.

Fuck it. Dive it until it's clicking so bad you can't stand it, then put a whole new shaft in. Replacing boots only is bull shit. ASE master tech for 20 years. Wife's tits so you know I'm not fucking around.

This, as long as no dirt or water get in there or the grease doesn't dry up, you'll be fine to drive on it. Don't wait around too long though, because all the above will happen, and it'll happen far quicker than you think.

Get that shit fixed for the sake of a 20 dollar part and maybe an hours worth of labor at the garage, it'll save you hundreds for a new CV shaft and labor to put it in.

I didn't notice any problems until today. There's a slight vibration when I brake. When I get close to a complete stop, it makes a grinding noise.

This is you have the cash, otherwise change the boot.

Hasn't started clicking or grinding when you turn full-lock? Especially in reverse?

Its a CV boot, nothing to worry about get a mechanic to fix

That's not the case joint, it's your brakes

Clean your damn brakes and check on the whole disc for any fissure-like damage. If you find any bigger than 1 mm get it rectified.

It's like a $15 universal boot. It's super easy, think of it as shielding a cable harness. Same principle, a lot dirtier.

Looks like yours is slowly pissing out grease. Eventually the cv joint dries up it'll come apart bc no lubrication. A new cv joint/shaft assembly is like $100. That's parts only.

It's not the end of the world. Super common. If you shop around it's probably not that expensive to fix at a shop if you choose that.

thanks Sup Forumsros. Glad to know I want die driving home tonight.

The boot around the joint is only meant to keep dirt out. If it's leaking grease then something is damaged. Replace that CV, bro. I don't know what the laws are like around where you are, but here that'd void a roadworthy certificate.

Quints confirm safety

ASE certified? Damn how did you manage that? You have to take an online course for like half an hour to get that.

Thats your brakes 100%... just look at the rotor and pads and make sure there are no cracks and enough lining

How are people seriously this stupid.
How can you look at your car, see a small bit of grease/oil build up, and think you're going to die?

You'd be terrified if you looked under any car older than 10.

That's not problematic.
Just leave it alone unless you like wasting money.
You can fix it by getting new pads and rotors, but there is no reason to.

Dude, you're low on blinker fluid. I'd bring that into the shop ASAP

My sister is 21 years old. And thought when you got new tires you got new rims...

Pls I assume everyone is that stupid until proven otherwise