How do all of you living on the british isles find the energy to keep living??

How do all of you living on the british isles find the energy to keep living??
>It rains more often than it doesn't
>No seasons, no sun in summer and no snow in winter
>No sun, ever
>Depressing shithole cities

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Isles_naming_dispute
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Listed_buildings_in_Lancaster,_Lancashire
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

actually the british isles are generally warmer and brighter than scandinavia

the cities are also far better than any in scandinavia

they probably like bad weather like norwegians

rekt

>actually the british isles are generally warmer and brighter than scandinavia
Warmer perhaps, but that doesn't matter that much When all you have is rain. It isn't brighter there at all.
>the cities are also far better than any in scandinavia
I find Stockholm to be an aesthetic city

By constantly moaning about it, it helps relief the situation

>tfw people in Finland get to enjoy the sun more than you

Why do you think we colonised half the world? It's to get away from our shite weather, our shite food and our shite women

Pretty comfy, desu. The weather is one of my favorite things about the UK. The extremes of the Canadian climate (too hot in summer, too cold in winter) really piss me off.

fuck off

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Isles_naming_dispute

It really doesn't rain that much except for Winter. There's lots of sun in the summer, days are long etc. The only thing that is depressing is that we haven't had proper snow in 7 years

>It rains more often than it doesn't
This can be tolerated.
>No sun, ever
This is great. It's much better to have mild winter and cool sunless summer than severe winter and crazily hot summer like in my country.
>Depressing shithole cities
This is simply wrong.

>It really doesn't rain that much
>There's lots of sun in the summer

>This is great
It is scientifically proven that you get more depressed with less sunlight
>This can be tolerated
Yes, but it sure would be better without it

Dunno tbhlad, i love it here wouldn't live anywhere else.

Not mention about the retarded traffic or the awful wall plugs. It's like a third world country.

t. never been to Britain

I walk everywhere and can count on one hand all the times I've been caught out in the rain in the past couple of years. I don't even bother owning an umbrella.

All that rain we get makes everything lovely and green. We have lush grass and plants galore.

Must be a pain having to have two wardrobes, i only have 3 hoodies and a rain coat to get through the winter.

Our plugs are GOAT you ayy lmao nonce.

God damn those fucking Americans with the sun shining out of their asses.

This. I hardly ever get caught in the rain and even when i do it's usually just a light drizzle.

Only thing worth living in commiefornia are the national parks, beaches and the sunshine.

It's no good the sun coming out when it's too low in the sky to warm anything up. In the real northern parts they get about 2 hours of daylight in the winter if that.

You dumb fucking cunt, holy shit pls stop posting.

autism

>Hurr durr no rain in britain
I don't believe you

No.

>live in Britain
>see 1,000 year old castle
>walk down comfy cobblestone street into 500 year old pub
>see chalk horse on the side of a hill
>see Stonehenge
>look over into countryside and imagine it as a fantasy setting
I like Britain and would like to visit there. I'm not sure how accurate the image in my head is though.

>muh rain

Looks like someone is jealous of our green and pleasant land.

Ireland is just a province of England.

I want to die every day. I don't have energy. I haven't seen a warm sunny day in months. Everyone hates it here. There is no patriotism. You can't say shit without a liberal jumping on your ass. It's ugly and smelly.

Why do people think the UK is some sort of beautiful quaint paradise? It's disgusting

No seriously it really doesn't rain as much here as people think, tbf the sky is very often grey though.

Are you Swedish-Russians or Russian-Swedes?

Get used to the weather, cities are shitholes for poor people and pakis so the solution is not to go to them.

No, forests are amazing

Pretty accurate if you visit some historic city's and some rural villages.

>see Stonehenge

Dropped acid there last summer great place to visit although make sure you go on Summber Solstice as it's fenced off and you cant touch the stones.

This really friendly American lady gave me and my mates a load of cheese and bread.

Nice sun lmao

Why the fuck do you think we had the largest empire?

I love it here mate, fuck living anywhere else.

At least Finland''s northern part is owned by neither.

Karelia.

Fuck you win this one.

some cities look pretty, but living in London is horrible. weather affects me pretty badly too, i think I have bad seasonal affective disorder or something. Though you can really see the difference in the country's overall behaviour when the sun comes out.

I have traveled to a lot countries and I still regard UK to be the most beautiful. UK is hugely disgusting in and around most major cities but out in the rural villages and small towns it is god tier. I live in Lancaster on the doorstep of the Lake District and I wouldn't ever live anywhere else.

every day is a constant battle against suicide. I live in an industrial suburb of London so i get the high prices combined with shitty run-down warehouses and grey concrete everywhere. It's nice when i venture either into London or into the countryside, my ideal plan is to live and work in London for a while until i'm too old to party then go live in the lake district.

London/the south is full of cunts
North is full of down to earth, good lads.

>I find Stockholm to be an aesthetic city
its barely a town

:^)

That is now a shoe shop; all 7 Poles that live here didn't go enough to keep it open

How do those small shops survive from chain stores? In Russia, they almost don't exist anymore. People buy everything in malls.

Mainly only the bigger cities in Uk have malls, smaller cities/town have city centres with store fronts which consist of a mixture of small stores and big chain stores, so it gives the opportunity for smaller stores to compete. I assume because smaller places are more communal there's more of an impetus to shop in smaller stores? Don't forgot we have many small towns and cities.

That's good. Apparently, in Russia, we went full capitalism about this. Also, we don't really have historical places and it's easy to poke malls here and there.

That is a huge factor for cities here in UK, most town/small cities have listed buildings, meaning they cannot be demolished (or it's near impossible) to make way for bigger stores.
In Lancaster we have something like 300+ listed buildings in the city.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Listed_buildings_in_Lancaster,_Lancashire

Don't get me wrong we have malls in our small towns but they're not usually the main feature or destination.

Russia has more space than we do so I'm guessing it is easier to put malls everywhere?

>Russia has more space than we do so I'm guessing it is easier to put malls everywhere?
Yeah, we have a lot of space but use only small part of it. Malls and chain stores are usually built right in cities or even historical buildings because of corruption and no one gives a fuck about cities' appearance.

Well we ain't perfect either; we once had an old Church as a bar..it's closed now but it was saddening.

I like rain
Sun and snow are annoying and inconvenient
Cities are fine if you're not a metropolitan nonce

As I know Churches are being used as bars and other leisure places not only in England. It's because of a decline of Christianity. I don't know what to do with useless churches 2bh. They are very usually very beautiful and are a historical heritage, but you need money to maintain it. In small cities, it won't pay off.

Of course I understand that and it makes sense, but a bar? Nothing wrong with degeneracy and drinking desu but it just feels a bit disrespectful when it's housed in a Church? Maybe some other kind of function? In saying that, it was a popular spot so I guess it made loads of money..

At least it's not a Mosque, lol. I've read that Canada has shit like that.

give them the Soviet treatment

close them down, turn them into community facilities or something like that

Or build a great pool.

my local is over 500 years old

looks pretty crazy, is it still there?

Nah, they rebuilt the Church after the USSR fell.

>Shitty island in the middle of nowhere
>Shitty weather, always cold and/or raining
>Almost never any sunshine
>Shittier cuisine, all disgusting fish dishes
>Everyone is inbred and pale
>Was once ruled by Danes

Absolutely disgusting, I would kill myself immediately if I ever had to live in such a hellhole. I don't know how Brits can do it.

were mosques and synagogues also destroyed/rebuilt?

I don't know much about that. But new Mosques have been built for sure.

>It really doesn't rain that much except for Winter. There's lots of sun in the summer,
Top kek what country do you live in?
Here is what Irish weather is like
45% chance of Overcast/Cold
40% chance rain
10% chance of miscellaneous weather such as fog, hail, thunder etc
5% chance it will be sunny during the winter for some reason.

>Live in a region where it hardly rains
>Live in one of the most beautiful areas of the country
>Don't live in a city

life is good here

In Ireland it is usually church of Ireland or some off shot protestant churches that get converted into bars and restaurant so nobody cares.
Never heard of a catholic church being converted.

I know of two churches nearby, one protestant one was turned into a house and the other into a restaurant.
House seems like a cool idea, would love to see inside it.

>>No seasons
Wrong, there are two seasons. The season of cold and the season of not cold.

I love my country, but it's fucking wank
We have all of no mental health support
Our benefits scheme literally rewards people for taking away benefits, as in, you won't get paid if you don't cut x number of people's benefits
Our foods are all deeply unhealthy because the oil and fat are the only things that numb the pain
Life expectancy is the lowest in britain and probably in western europe fuck if I know
Our languages are both dead, one from our own stupidity and the other from the English
All the heritage in the central belt is demolished, my town goes back a good few hundred years and literally nothing from then still exists
All our parties are corrupt as shit and can't even keep the roads in a state where you don't have to worry about falling into the centre of the fucking earth
Drugs are so prevalent because we have nothing better
Our fucking parliment building was overbudget to the tune of what, several hundred million pounds? It might have "just" been several tens of millions, though, don't quote me
Our industry is ALL gone
We have no fucking jobs
Our energy is good, we're getting there with wind and offshore, but we need to do more
We import over 60 percent of our seafood
this isn't like rare japanese rapesquid, this is things like lobsters and salmon, the shite that we produce and sell worldwide
We're so dependant on imports because LONDON THE FUCKING CUNTS is dependant on it, and the laws are LOL LONDON WANTS THIS YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT :^))))))) so we have to import as well
I try my fucking hardest and I can't even manage it because my benefits pay is so fuckign tiny
I have severe issues
I have literally gone days without eating because I just forget to, and the cunt at the office told me I'm perfectly fine because I could come to the office on the train
fucking cunt
I cannot see myself living past 40
I'll either off myself or die of a heart attack from stress induced eating
There is literally no way I can keep this up
help me, for gods sakes

Why wouldn't they be?

Hey I study at Lancaster uni, small world

They live to Spite the world.

that feel when Im in the one part of fucking Canada with the lowest sunlight

That's it.
GAS THE TAIGS