Whoever can tell me what this is used for gets 15 Internets

Whoever can tell me what this is used for gets 15 Internets.

To cut down trees, duh

No, unfortunately tree cutting lasers don't exist yet.

its to bend reality, that is a very dangerous artifact, please leave that where you found and dont use it ever again (btw i want my 15 internets!)

No sry.

The wedge prism is primarily used in a similar manner as an angle gauge in variable-radius plot sampling. In this type of sampling, the wedge prism is used to estimate basal area of a group of trees by counting trees which are "in" or "out" of a plot centered on a single point. Because the wedge prism refracts light to offset the object of interest (e.g. a tree), it can be used to determine whether or not the tree should be counted from a given point, based on the diameter at breast height of the tree and its distance from that point.
Also beam steering

Refracting light. It's a fucking lens.

Magnifier for reading small text or wiring diagrams

Cheaters lose 15 Internets. I'll be seeing you in court.
It's actually a prism
Way off

It's a mirror and that's a reflection of another tree.

SCIENCE: 1
Sup Forums: 10 MILLION

That's not a laser that's a glass you complete retard and if you just moved it a few inches to the right you'd have successfully cut down that tree

You should become a logger.

The proper term is "Glass Technician"

Where can I use my Internets?

Give them to the children. They need them more.

Fuck your biased courts and their "so-called" judges

>contempt
Lock him away for 30 years

It's a prism used to determine the approximate basal area per acre based off of trees that are either "in" or "out" on an amorphous plot size which is determined by the BAF of the prism

I'll trust that you didn't cheat

15 internets to this fine gentleman

>t. Forestry fag

Where schooled?

A Penn State affiliate.

Murican? Have you ever been to Canada?

I wonder how different the practices are. For all of our bragging, clear cuts remain the preferred method of cutting.

Never been to Canada, even though I lived less than 10 miles away on an island in the Puget Sound.

Practices vary depending on location, because geography is so variable in the USA. For instance, in the Cascades they do a lot of stand rotation and clear cutting (plant and cut) because they harvest almost entirely fast growing softwoods there such as Douglas fir.

In the Eastern hardwood areas, regeneration is completely done through natural seeding, and many cuts focus on seed trees and thinning from above in order to facilitate diameter growth of intermediates before they become entirely suppressed. Deer browse is a major issue in the Eastern hardwood regions.

Out west we plant by hand, and northern Ontario (and the rest of the boreal) is seeded by airplane.

Portable handnheld nigger melter. Use the awesome power of the sun to melt naughty niggers who break the law.

IT GLASS. IT USE TO LOOK OUTSIDE BUT STOP BIRDS FLYING INSIDE.

Its a thick dense piece of glass.
Perhaps its used for bending lazor light at a specific angle?

>seeded by airplane
Fucking neato. I never knew that we a thing. Most of the rotational planting here is done by Mexicans (lol).

Forgot to mention the is also a lot of focus on not clear cutting the East because it can drastically alter species composition. Desirable species such as oak are relatively shade tolerant but will be out competed in open sunlight by garbage species like black birch or red maple, which aren't entirely worthless per se, just much less valuable than oaks so shelterwood cuts (leaving approx 30-ft^2 per acre) are common to shade the ground.

bad science fair projects

Is a prism, you can have it on the rear window of a bus, to see things (children for example) on the ground directly behind said bus, that you wouldn't otherwise see.

Refraction you bunch of dumbasses.

To clean the tree from the inside.. duh.

Nothing is more beautiful than a well managed oak forest

it's for redirecting light waves

winrar is me

I've already said that.

We also stock lakes with fish via helicopter.

It's a tree. It's used to turn carbon dioxide into oxygen. Go to school already.

Poor photoshop skills

Trees are not a valid carbon trapper

It's so you can fuck can stump, without getting into tree necrophilia

Underrated post

Carbon sequestration is a real thing.

hory fack

nice digits guys. this is now a get thread.

Not by trees, though. Not in Canada, at least.

so are gigantic oceanic carbonfart apocalypses

Artists veiw Finder ?

Nope

They call it an "OP".

It is used for gay sodomy.

If you don't use the wood as a permanent thing, I guess. But if you use it to build permanent structures instead of burning or allowing it to decompose in some, then it certainly is a real thing in Canada too.

Aw fuck I thought I had it
>is it to show the different spectrums of light ?
Basic level science

It's a bit of a hot topic, and there is prospect for the future, but as of now, all the carbon sequestered by the tree, even if it's a part of a house that will stand for 200 years, will eventually be released back into the air

Wood burning power plants are pretty cool, though, if you consider that they are essentially solar powered and only put out as much carbon as can easily be reabsorbed back into the forest they cut down.
Nooope.

OP hasn't answered my post, because he can't say 'no', so he preferres to say nothing at all just to get more comments on this shit issue.

>even if it's a part of a house that will stand for 200 years, will eventually be released back into the air
Absolutely, but it still accomplishes more than building from concrete block or steel. Short term sequestration is better than none, especially if you use newer wood products like glulam which are virtually indestructible.

>Wood burning power plants
There was a large demand for whole tree chipping operations in the US a few decades ago due to the prospects of wood fueled power plants. Coal and petroleum lobbyists didn't like that idea, though, and now it's just a ghost concept.

I thought you were trolling...

No it has nothing to do with buses or seeing around corners of anything like that...
That sucks.
I can't wait to see the first sustainable forest/power plant that puts out a substantial amount of power but never needs more and more space and can just rely on the regeneration of the woodlot surrounding it.

Magnifying glass??

Is it a weebos wifu tracker ?

I see that being feasible in the future, considering the large amount of undeveloped land in our countries, but that would be a huge fucking woodlot.

It's for older high dollar cameras. 80s and 90s. It's one of several filters that could be applied to create a scene and get different effects. Before photo editing

Example of mounting and using filters on exterior of camera lense.

Will be suprised if i'm wrong

nothing to do with cameras
no
kindof

I prefer this.

Refraction.. why is this even a thread.

Easier to see if you drop it in the snow, but you can also use your thumb.

Has anyone won yet?

Im contributing one extra internet to the prize pool.

someone has already gotten the Internets.

Moving pieces of a tree slightly to the right.

easy. a mirror, he reflects a three behind him