Guitar Gear General /GGG/

Sup Sup Forums, Im currently looking for a Les Paul. However, Gibson's cost like $3000 and wondering if getting an high-end Epiphone would be a better option?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UnAJznB5B4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=i-OKA4IEGnQ
clyp.it/3534uwuw
picosong.com/imaK/
vocaroo.com/i/s1VDqMKACXAB
clyp.it/a12wvamc
youtube.com/watch?v=LLnGDj8VkWo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>meme guitar

They're horrible guitars don't bother

how so? It sounds great and I enjoy playing them...

invest in some wood glue m8, you'll need some

who here are into /weird&rare/ gear?

Well its either a Les Paul or a PRS custom 24

Get an archtop, they're proper guitars

Why would you not choose the custom 24?

/ggg/ what are some pedals I should look into for a darker, atmospheric sound?

The reason I would go with a LP over a C24 is that I want a guitar with Humbuckers and good sustain.

Tfw BECK mongolian chop squad got me into guitars and more specifically the Telecaster..

lol I started out on a Classic Vibe Strat

I just got a cheap all black strat to start learning, after I had finished watching all of BECK of course

youtu.be/UnAJznB5B4Q

I would use a heavy distortion pedal with reverb at high noon on your amp

ITS HIGH NOON SOMEWHERE

youtube.com/watch?v=i-OKA4IEGnQ

Thanks guys.

Boss Metal Zone

>good sustain

Why do people still think muh sustain matters? How long do you really want your guitar to sustain for? Do you write songs that call for a note to be sustained for longer than about a bar?

muh sustain is actually meaningless. It's something that all guitar manufacturers and pickup manufacturers can claim as a feature of their products without having to show any proof. And it's something that all guitar players are told they need. And very few of then question if they actually need it.

tl;dr - muh sustain = yet more marketing speak

who /squire/ here

>squire

I'd guess absolutely no one

any musician with a bit of dedication or passion has already flown away from that

with that said, now theres a trend of musicians using cheap instruments with tons of effects to cover their sound, so maybe someone is still using it

b-but im a a poorfag. I spent all my cash on an acoustic, so its all I have for the next couple of years

are you so poor you can't read the name on the headstock you illiterate jew?

>Squier

you knew what I meant you autist

Past $500 you're into diminishing returns. Plenty of great shit has been recorded on jalopy ass gear, don't worry about it. Worry more about playing and learning more about music. People shit on everything here because they're autistic elitists with weird superiority complexes so take it all with a pinch of salt.

a reverb is all you need, for the rest you need to channel your inner darkness

clyp.it/3534uwuw

I'm 'into' it, but I don't really own all that much weird gear. I don't live in one of those places were you can go to a garage sale and expect to find anything musical.

Does anyone have the rest of these?

Also, invest in pickups later.
/thread

is this /gg/ now?

if so, how does /gg/ rate my improv?

picosong.com/imaK/

Is that you Samuel?

literally who

I am bannned

>poor fag on damage control
Who are you trying to convince, me or yourself?

Stop playing Blues Rock

how do you pronounce Epiphone

epifone

or

epiphany

>how do you pronounce Epiphone
"A piece of shit"

>"A piece of shit"
that's actually how you pronounce ur mom's name

I bet your playing is just as original as your jokes :^)

>:^)

Same. The first and only guitar that I have is a Squier Tele because fucking Koyuki played a tele.

What are you practicing?

If this is a meme guitar then literally all guitars are meme guitars and therefore guitar as an art is one big mene

All guitars are meme guitars in /gg/

Unironic and ironic name calling has left every guitar a meme and those who aren't experienced enough to know better think good workhorse guitars are memes because of it.

It depends on what time of day you post even.

epifun.

How do I improve my piece of shit vibrato
vocaroo.com/i/s1VDqMKACXAB

I'm looking at getting an attenuator for my 22 watt valve amp. Seems like the Powerstation is the best one but it's pretty expensive. What are some other cheaper alternatives? What's worked out best for you guys live or for practice?

I just need the actual attenuation, some boost, some tone shaping, and a DI if possible. Other features are just a plus.

>vocaroo.com/i/s1VDqMKACXAB
What aspect of your vibrato?

All of it

>practice something until I can play it at 120bpm yesterday
>can barely play it at 105bpm today after a decent amount of practice

Fuck this.

who /blues/ here

clyp.it/a12wvamc

>muh blooz
>same tired old chord progressions
>same tired old lyrics
>same tired old solos
>same tired old bar bands going fucking nowhere
>same tired old shit boring music

blues is like sex or pizza, never gets old

>poor fag on damage control
>Who are you trying to convince, me or yourself?
Not him, but why would you buy a 3000 $ guitar if you're not a professional musician? Given that you can afford it in the first place.

are all guitars shit?

no I'm good due to playing only zeroes

>why?
Cause someone with a real job can. Why do anything? Why play guitar at all? Your argument is on the same level as a teenager's.

Typical reading comprehension of a guitarist

What the fuck

>Cause someone with a real job can.
All right, but not everyone is a professional musician.
>Why do anything? Why play guitar at all?
So, every guitar under 3000 $ isn't worth buying or playing? And where did I appeal to futility exactly?
>Your argument is on the same level as a teenager's.
Nice ad hominem attack.

ah I got

just a bit tired

zeroes

like in cores/djent

>like in cores/djent
What?

they require zero talent

youtube.com/watch?v=LLnGDj8VkWo

you really that retarded?

hello i want to make cute dream pop / shoegaze stuff, but everyone seems to have a jaguar / jazzmaster, would a mustang or sonic duo be good or na
ty lads :]

No, that's why I don't listen to metal.

You don't need a particular guitar to into a genre lad.

no

>at class
>"okay today we will learn some licks in the style of Slash so you get used to pentatonic + ionian"
>kill me.jpg I've been practicing this shit everyday unlike my classmates who can't anything beyond first pattern of pentatonic scale
>teacher plays a couple notes, a long bending and hits the root with vibrato
>I try to add a bit of dinamism and a brief progression
>"no no user, you are not playing with feeling. You need to learn to play with feeling, let me show you"
>teacher plays an even longer bending while making faces

Am I really entering wanker territory just by playing fast, adding more notes or alternating between modes more oftenly? I do make my stops, my bendings, etc, but that doesn't mean I can't shred a bit if it fits the moment, right?

Every day that passes I am more convinced that "playing with feeling" is the meme of the century lazy guitarists use as an excuse for not practicing hard.

>"no no user, you are not playing with feeling. You need to learn to play with feeling, let me show you"
>teacher plays an even longer bending while making faces
This never happened

>Best guess for this image: guitar 9gag

You're an idiot. You missed the point entirely. This is the last bit of time I'll waste on you.

Is this a new pasta?

Buy a used les paul classic

>You're an idiot.
Ad hominem attacks again. I guess we're really done here. Better call everyone an idiot instead of explaining your position. Sure makes for a great discussion.

I play a paul reed smith

bought a used affinity for 50 bucks and it works great

>getting an high-end Epiphone would be a better option?
getting a good Japanese les paul is a much better alternative t b h

old thread
this is the least you could do when you start a new thread

how's the dental business doing these days?

>good
>les paul

things I'd do to her

>Japanese
>les paul

Rate my axe bros

>Plenty of great shit has been recorded on jalopy ass gear
Like what?

learn how to link a post correctly before criticizing someone else, retard

they are good, sometimes even better than american ones, japanese are not afraid to do them their own way, some even have a proper headstock support

it's not an axe, it's a guitar

See

White pickguard on a Sunburst looks shit.

if the retard op (i.e. you) had done it right in the first place I wouldn't have had to bother linking to anything
yeah they're right here

see:

>Sunburst looks shit
ftfy

>pickguard
>looks shit
Duh

muh stevie ray