youtube.com/watch?v=bahrmFEVGzw
youtube.com/watch?v=OZqyA-GlFSk
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3934927
youtube.com/watch?v=M4lo_ft86QA
lmgtfy.com/?q=vapid
youtube.com/watch?v=QhgWlBMUGVQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I love metal!

Why did people rave about his album so much? It's a solid one, but not nearly as good as people think. It's not that far from being another run of the mill album in the genre, desu.

Someone help me fucking choose I'm losing my mind trying to !

Devin or DHG ?

I need an answer so I can start spending the rest of the day on day 2

Devin desu

>the nu-male opens /metal/
>not to his surprise the nu-male chart is being spammed again
>he gets slightly agitated
>when he cheks it ourt again he discovers that the awsome band he found on youtube yesterday is on the chart
>when he discovers 80% of the albums are in his most played list he becomes seething
>"im not a nu-male" he says angrily stomping around his room so violently he stepped on his wii u
>"mother you whore you promised me a switch for my 30th birthday"
>with smoke practically coming out his ears he puts on his skullcandies and blasts some enslaved"
>"this is al the fault of those glammers" he sais whilst opening gimp
>he opens the image and begins cutting out the top part
>he gives a slght peek at the image again and his anger get reinvigorated
>he bashes his desk causing his onahole to fall on the floor dripping some cum on rhe carpet
>he moves the top part on top of a glam chart
>he is now chuckling and snickering
>he open /metal/ and posts it
>he takes a sip from his kelp smoothie "your move glamcucks"

I don't know what this is, but Devin.

Had it been out 10 - 15 years ago it would have had no success at all. But these years true black metal is kind of rare, most bands are either viking/folkshit or prog post-blackgaze (or both).

Best track?

>when the glamsvestite implies xe isn't a numale

devin

Why ?

Does Devin ever get shat on in this general? He's popular and he abandoned SYL to play prog, along with becoming a hippie. He's like, the culmination of everything /metal/ hates, but /metal/ doesn't hate him.

I don't personally like his music but he seems like he would put on a really good show

youtube.com/watch?v=DrDM6V08wcE

He didn't abandon SYL. He just said all that there was to say/write with SYL and had to move on.

There are two breeds of nu-male: glamcucks and hipsters. Don't let either one trick you into believing they aren't nu-males.

What are hipsters, again?

>Warren demartini
>john norum
>george lynch
>john sykes
>akira takasaki
>vito brata
>reb beach
>bill leverty
>mick mars
Every single one of them is better than your favourite idiot playing unriffs and hypnotic riffs
Glam is the opposite of everything the nu-male stands for, please come with a better name. The gay part did not work out, calling it nu-male will not work because there is no logic behind it

He's talented as all holy hell, still writes solid music and is just a pleasant person all-around. It's really hard to not like the guy, even ironically.

Pitchfork clones who are suckers for metal genres that start with atmospheric and post, as well as blackgaze and whatever else Pitchfork decides to shill.

This. Glam is for chads

There's no logic behind nu-male. No point in being redundant about it.

anyone listen to the new Ayreon yet?

after giving it a few listens I can say it's easily ranked in my top 3 Ayreon albums

Is Wardruna honorary metal ? Or is it some kind of hipster shit ? Honestly lost at this point

youtube.com/watch?v=ftbPY4yVHIo

Aren't they neofolk?

Okay.

So, what if I've never visited Pitchfork and like a few bands from each of those genres, as well as pretty much every other genre?

You're fine then. There's more to being a nu-male than simply liking certain bands that nu-males flock to.

More as in anything to do with Pitchfork? That seems to be the only correlation.

But there is, it has a basis in reality

But even know you can find some, you only need to know where you look.

It must be nice to have a cathartic experience like that. To know that you've lived and loved, and when to move on.

the majority of devin townsend's shit is just glorified alt rock. he's made some good stuff though

I'm looking for some metal that has good harsh vocals but used sparingly with a hypnotic riff or atmosphere in the background, also the riffs and vocals can't be too manly or sound like buttmetal because I wouldn't like that, anything you recommend?

tell me then senpaï. I lust for good bm.
youtube.com/watch?v=lBnEdfLmh5I

Right, the feminism thing. I think you're the same guy that tried explaining this to me last time, but all you did was go balls deep into hyperbole.

Not sure if joking, anyway this seems to be what you're looking for

Why is it glorified?

youtube.com/watch?v=ekYlRhALiRQ&t=3s

The term has been clearly defined

what do people think about going to gigs/festivals alone?

luckily I haven't had to yet, but considering it for a gig soon. I saw a fair few people who looked to be on their own at a festival this weekend, so maybe its normal.

Are you that aussie girl that's been crying about not having anyone to go with, even though you have a spare ticket? Regardless, I prefer going alone and like going to movies, there's nothing wrong about it.

Good question.
I might go to Hellfest alone this year, too mainstream/exensive for my friends apparently. Luckily I'm asocial and don't give two shits about talking or being with people, so I should be fine.

>good bm from the us
wtf

Nah senpai, that's the outdated definition. This is the one we actually adhere to in every single thread.

I actually prefer it especially these days with smart phones. It's much easier to meet other people including the band. See a girl alone? You will literally have to avoid meeting her.

For music you use the nu-male chart yeah

I love going to gigs alone. I mean its better with friends but my friends are annoying musicians like me and most of them prefer to stay in the back and shittalk whoever is playing for whatever miniscule reasons.

When I am alone I can drink as slow/fast as I can, I can go in the front if I like the band, I honestly enjoy it often more and find it more relaxing. Also on those few times I hooked up/met girls at gigs, it was always when I was alone, never with friends.

Go for it user.

But again, what does any of this have to do with metal? With music? With any of the bands that show up in these charts?

I don't know if you're positively surprised or just disgusted, but US has good black metal bands. Pic related is solid, and this one ain't too bad, either.
youtube.com/watch?v=bahrmFEVGzw

Exactly. Just the last show I went to with someone we almost immediately separated.

positively surprised. Please keep posting my dude

nu-males that listen to metal listen to those albums

interesting, I thought itd look autistic as fuck, but it seems like it could be nice

I saw a bit of a spergy looking qt alone, shoulda said hi

As opposed to any other album? From any other genre?

If you found out a nu-male listened to your favorite band, would you have a brain aneurysm? If you found out a nu-male could write better music than you, play an instrument better than you, would that just be it? Would that be the kill switch? I mean, what's the correlation with the definition of the term and musical taste/ability? That's what I'm asking.

Why is/metal/ so contrarian?

is devin townsend playing a character or is he actually that wacky

Leviathan you've already heard by now, so check this one out, but I wouldn't say it's on par with the previous bands I've mentioned, yet it's still okay.
youtube.com/watch?v=OZqyA-GlFSk

Also, if you want to check out more, most of bands from Black Twilight Circle have solid shit.
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3934927

>itd look autistic as fuck
think again.

We are very vapid human beings that encompass all metal discussion around other vapid human beings.

I don't know what vapid means

He just has a really good time on stage. In interviews, he's pretty chill.

Then again, there is this: youtube.com/watch?v=M4lo_ft86QA

lurk moar.

I've been here for 2 years or so, I still don't get it

lmgtfy.com/?q=vapid

>I thought itd look autistic as fuck
Oh some people still manage even on their phones. It's almost like they're trying.

hey /metal/

i'm not usually a massive fan of metal, but i love pic related. suggestions?

So somebody who offers nothing to a conversation?

Thank you for the list senpaï !!!!
yeah true I forgot Leviathan.

People are tired of mainstream shit getting hyped all the time, so they resort to making it into a meme, just look at what they've done to Vektor and Sodom. Granted, I can understand that since people that are truly passionate about the medium will venture into it's depths and will try to find various obscure shit, not jerk off to Anthrax's Among The Living for the 100th time. Or, you know, it's just Sup Forums. That's my take on it at least.

I'm glad to be of help, lad.

Warning, Reverend Bizarre, Saint Vitus, Candlemass, Cough.

TAKE DEF LEPPARD OF THE CHART!
>not going to Red Fang
Last Statement

>As opposed to any other album? From any other genre?
Most genres are nu-males, those are just highlights for the most part. So yes.
>If you found out a nu-male listened to your favorite band, would you have a brain aneurysm?
This chance is very small, but that would make him less of a nu-male wouldnt it
>If you found out a nu-male could write better music than you, play an instrument better than you, would that just be it? Would that be the kill switch?
Im not musician, i do play some guitar but my profiance is pretty irrelevant here.
>I mean, what's the correlation with the definition of the term and musical taste/ability? That's what I'm asking.
A nu-male like stated strives to be unique and because they are very feminine and emancipated they try to compensate this lack in masculinity by listening too brootal and trve cvlt music. Thats why a nu-male sees glam as gay, he doesnt understand glam muscians have eclipsed masculinity and have no need to compensate. They are still more masculine that the most brootal chruch burner. The nu-male will stray further and further into the extreme and "unique" to to cultivate an identity. But he is still in denial, "I listen to the sickest slams and most hypnotic unriffs, no way im a nu-male". When he gets confronted
happens

Why is Québec so good at black metal these days ? Also why do they sing more in French than French bands ? Are we really this cucked ?
> Gris, Sombres Forêts, Forteresse, Monarque, Brume d'Automne, Neige Eternelle....

youtube.com/watch?v=QhgWlBMUGVQ

Nu-males generally only listen to surface level metal bands that are praised by mainstream media outlets, the main one being Pitchfork. Their favorite metal subgenres are commonly atmospheric black metal, blackgaze, doom metal, progressive metal, and any variant of sludge metal or post-metal, although they will eat up anything approved by Pitchfork and the like. They do not dig deeper into the metal genre, are uneducated in the history of metal, and dismiss most metal as juvenile and regressive, especially if it is sonically harsh and/or conflicts with their liberal agenda. The typical nu-male often criticizes metal for it's expression of masculinity, elitism, nationalism and occasional white supremacism or nazism, and refuses to listen to artists who express those values. They likely support antifa's efforts to shut down the shows of controversial artists by means of terrorism, and ultimately wish for the metal scene as a whole to become a safe space, churning out bland and inoffensive music year after year.

>Nu-males generally only listen to surface level metal bands that are praised by mainstream media outlets, the main one being Pitchfork

>A nu-male like stated strives to be unique and because they are very feminine and emancipated they try to compensate this lack in masculinity by listening too brootal and trve cvlt music

Really makes me think.

The bottom posters misunderstands what a true nu-male is.

Right.

Pitchfork is run by nu-males so ofcourse they review nu-male music

Refer to this image: These people do not listen to brutal death metal and raw black metal. They listen to whatever Pitchfork force-feeds them.

Are you in denail perhaps?

Denial of what?

Caring about what others deem of you is nu male.

Do they all like, have a ubiquitous hivemind built into the synapses of their brain that echoes PITCHFORK every ten minutes? Are there only as many nu-males in the world as there are visitors to Pitchfork?

I'm glad we have top r/metal scientists researching the nu-male specimen

>although they will eat up anything approved by Pitchfork
Only if I like it senpai

I'm a mod on r/blackmetal

The nu-male is a widespread phenomenon, and not all of them are of the Pitchfork clone variety, although the vast majority have a similar mentality towards music and only listen to music that abides by their liberal values.

How to save metal
>permaban n*-male posters
>permaban glamfags
>permaban slamwiggers
>permaban atmoshitters
>permaban weebs

This is a nu-male is denial lashing out, its so easy to spot

Post your favorite album splits

Stop thinking stuff about me, im not the numale your the numale! I know, youre probably louis cuck king! Top kek!!! And no, im not obsessed

I meant ban NUMALE posters, not numale POSTERS.

Which band(s) in the chart exude liberal values? Which of those have intelligible vocals?

Lets save this thread. Post your dankest metal memes.

This ebin enough for you? :DDDDDD

The chart is a load of bullshit. Bands nu-males flock to usually don't directly express liberal values, but fit into their agenda of removing masculinity and controversy in metal.

If you have any more spurdos, post them. Hes the only dude that can save this cesspit

Wow, that sure is sneaky.

God damn, this is stupid.

Then stop arguing about Sup Forumsshit and discuss metal