Give me one...ONE reason why the NFL overtime rules aren't 100% based off luck?

Give me one...ONE reason why the NFL overtime rules aren't 100% based off luck?

If the Eagles won the toss, they would have won the game. If they Eagles had a chance to score, they would have scored a TD. But instead you back the defense into a corner on the first drive and if you catch them off guard and get lucky, you win. There''s no chance to answer. There's nothing. It's just over. It's fucking backwards ass pants on head retarded shit and it makes no sense.

NAME ONE REASON WHY THE NFL SHOULD NOT ADOPT A COLLEGE OVERTIME SYSTEM.

OH WAIT

YOU

FUCKING

CAN'T

They should, as always the reasons they don't are tied up in huge amounts of money you dingus

If your defense isn't shit, they get a quick 3 and out, then all you have to do is get a field goal to win. Any defensive score wins.

How is it lucky to go on a 12 play drive and score a TD?

ADOPT THE COLLEGE OVERTIME SYSTEM NOW
>ADOPT THE COLLEGE OVERTIME SYSTEM NOW

Wait, isn't each team supposed to have a possession, even if there's a TD? I didnt think that rule was changed, then again I never watched the game or the sport recently...

lol you're literally in tears of anger are you wrote this
how embarrassing

>NAME ONE REASON WHY THE NFL SHOULD NOT ADOPT A COLLEGE OVERTIME SYSTEM.

Because defense actually matters in the NFL

cry more bitch nigga

>If the Eagles won the toss, they would have won the game
HAHAHAHHAHAHAhAAH STAY ASSBLASTED FILTHYDELPHIA

>FIRST GOAL WINS IN AN NHL SHOOTOUT
>FIRST GOAL WINS IN A SOCCER SHOOTOUT
>FIRST RUN WINS IN BASEBALL OVERTIME
>FIRST BASKET WINS IN NBA OVERTIME

OH WAIT THAT'S FUCKING RETARDED

>FIRST GOAL WINS IN NFL OVERTIME

YEAH THERE WE GO THAT MAKES SENSE

'no'
that was never a rule
tebow threw a touchdown on like the second play of OT and the game was over

>If Eagles got the ball first, they score

So is that why Dallas came back from 10 points down in the 4th? Cause the Eagles were unstoppable?

We've just seen back-to-back weeks with tied games because NO ONE could score in OT. Get this weak shit out of here, OP.

Why didn't the Eagles just have the lead when regulation ended?

>Eagles have a top 3 defense
>blows coverage
>front gets pushed around allowing Zeke to run for easy first downs

Eagles D gets uppity when they blow out a team with the worst o-line in the league and then Jim "Blitz All Night" Schwartz and his weak ass secondary blow it.

Don't blame the coin toss.

Alright, gotcha.

I hate the cowcucks and philthy

But yeah the OT rules need to change. Each team should be allowed a possession or it should just be an additional 15min quarter.

Really made me think

Why didn't the eagles just fly the ball to the end zone?

>the defense isn't exhausted from already playing 4 quarters of football
>the defense leaves some in the tank just in case there's OT

>NHL SHOOTOUT

First goal in NHL overtime end it.

Unless you have a damn good defense it's all on the coin toss. Most defenses would be gassed by that point. Should be one possession each tbH.

ALL SPORTS ARE THE SAME, HURR DURR

>Also, hockey is golden goal.

If you don't want them to instantly win, hold them to a field goal or force a punt. You can't really batch about the coin flip because your team had 4 quarters to outscore the other team and a possession to stop a TD

Maybe you shouldn't have let the Cowboys come back from a 10 point deficit.

first run doesnt win in extra innings you fucking idiot, they play the full inning giving both teams a chance to retaliate. This is because baseball, like football, has the game split into parts where one team is on offense and one team is on defense with no way to switch between them except for a turnover in football, which is rare, or their turn being over

in soccer hockey and basketball turnovers happen almost every possession so it makes sense that first score wins

but for some reason the retard NFL doesnt allow retaliation if one team scores even though the other team never even got a shot to play offense

REREAD MY POST AND THEN DELETE YOURS YOU RETARDED FAGGOT

>every defense is poorly conditioned
>can't get a 3 and out.

Why didn't the Eagles just intercept the ball and get a TD in OT?

Get fucked, bird brains. The losing team always demands College Rules when it's decided in OT and college rules are dumb as fuck.

Keep crying bitch nigga. Luck of the toss. 50/50. As fair as it can get and you still bitch.

So glad I never came from the cesspool that is Philly. All NFC East teams win except you. Fucking disgrace.

Football should have innings like baseball.

>defending a coin toss giving a team a massive advantage

Kill yourselves

They play a full five minute quarter till a winner is drawn in basketball you idiot

There is no excitement or defending NFL OT, giving a option of a tie is retarded as fuck in any sport both teams easily could had scored tonight the Cowboys got the coin toss had the Eagles gotten it they easily could had scored and won.

Both teams offenses snd defenses should have play a part in a OT win.

Kick the ball off from the 10 to allow a good return. If a TD is scored the other team must match if no winner is decided after four possessions then first score wins

>a professional sports competition should be decided on luck

nice meme!

fair != luck, fair would be both teams having equal chances to prove themselves on both side of the ball

>as fair as you can get. literally in the hands of gravity
>gravity that god created
>Texas is a god fearing nation
>Philly worships faggot fictional boxing characters

Where is your god now faggots?

>had the Eagles gotten it they easily could had scored and won.

If scoring is that easy for them, why didn't their team call time out when the Cowboys had 2nd and 26 or whatever shit at the end of regulation.

Eagles wouldnt have scored with Pedersons trash offense

>If the Eagles won the toss, Wentz would have thrown a pick-6
FTFY

Then why even play overtime? Let's just have a best of 3 coin flip competition to decide.

>nice meme!

Life isn't full of "memes". Get a job, like the rest of DFW, Texas, and you'd find out what hard work is all about. Not sitting around bitching about "memes".

Kill yourself

FUCK COLLEGE FOOTBALL

Let's do it. I'll meet you on the 50 faggot,

>Wentz doesn't throw a pick all game
>Dak does throw a pick
Hurr durr if the Iggs got the ball trash qb would have thrown a pick 6 for sure

>Give me one...ONE reason why the NFL overtime rules aren't 100% based off luck?

The team that has won the toss has won 169 times (52.0%).
The team that has lost the toss has won 141 times (43.4%)

52% != 100%

>9% swing for the coin toss winner

Proving OP's point tbqh.

Why didn't the Eagles just stop them from driving 75 yards?
Why didn't the Eagles stop that 4th down play?
Why didn't the Eagles score more than 23 pts?
Why didn't the Eagles protect a 10 pt lead in the 4th?
Why didn't the Eagles call tails in the air?

The world may never know.

>Eagles
>Fumble 1 play -5 yards
>Punt 10 plays 39 yards
>Punt 3 plays 6 yards
>Punt 3 plays -11 yards

How would they have "Won" if they didn't do shit their last four possessions? Their receivers were dropping passes and finally their run game was getting stuffed.

Plus the Cowboys had numerous sacks.The momentum was def in the Cowboys favor.

>b-buuuuhhh because of a 50/50 coin toss! I swear! it's rigged1 gravity hates us!

How has everyone forgotten last year's OT between Denver and New England? New England got the ball, went 3 and out, then Denver won.

Why couldn't the Eagles do that?

if there was a FG thee other team has a chance to tie or win the game

Same reason the Cowboys didn't take the game in regulation despite having the ball last.

You can't make the regulation excuse because the other team should had won in regulation also. Instead they won because of a coin flip

you first, crybaby

>first goal wins in a soccer match
Thats not how it goes. You go to OT and doesnt matter who scores, you play the entire 30 minutes.
Both teams have the same chance to score in penalties shootouts.

He threw like 5 near picks. If our secondary had hands this would be a different story.

Are you people retarded? How can you miss the point of my post that bad?

I meant that none of those sports the first goal in OT wins. Which is why it's retarded that is the case in the NFL. You people are idiots.

It doesn't help that Carson is captain checkdown either. I see many pick 6s coming from him.

They probably should adopt it.

Tough shit though, cuz you still lost. Stay mad sheagles fans

>I meant that none of those sports the first goal in OT wins.

FIRST GOAL IN HOCKEY WINS IT YOU FUCKING KEK KYS

>Salty enough to want rules changed
You're approaching Jim Irsay levels of ass blasted

There used to be a rule like I guess 20 years ago in soccer. where if the OT wasn't enough the first team to score a goal in 15 minutes won the game it was called the golden goal. Even soccer realzied how dumb that concept was.

Anyway the best you can do is play extra 15 minutes and if the game is tied make some sort of penalty kicks but with field goals, I guess each team can attempt three 40 - 30 yard kicks or so on until someone wins.

I blame Doug Pederson more than the coin toss desu

Tbh, the golden goal rule its pretty fair in soccer cause the entire team is on the field and the nature of the game is more fluid.