My thread go deleted even though people seemed interested. It was about dealing with anxiety and how I overcame it...

My thread go deleted even though people seemed interested. It was about dealing with anxiety and how I overcame it. Let me know if you guys still wanna know what happened. I'm make sure to hurry and get to the point so it doesn't happen again

>implying anxiety exists
When will you mental midgets finally realize that anxiety is not an ilness, its a state of mind and its not even real. Of course you can overcome it when you stop being a little bitch

Alright then. Sorry I offended you. Just trying to help others that arnt that for along. Its a little hard to think like that after the first few panic attacks.

YES PLEASE POST IT

used to be socially worthless, totally self conciseness, low self esteem, huge croud fear and anxiety.
an acid trip and a few years of sporadic meditation completely 180d me socially and put me in a sane headspace where i can actually operate with reality unlike before.

took acid when i was 17 and started meditating when i was 19, by age 23-24 i started to come out of the hole i was born in and now at age 26 i kill it socially, no problems whatsoever.

there is hope you bastards. there is.

sheeeeit i wished it worked that way btw where is your psychology degree

yeah kind of like how you can get over being poor if you just stop not having money. no problem, all in your head.

hi guys this is OP im going to livestream my suicide on youtube tommorow

Are you a fucking psychiatrist? No? Then shut up

to be fair his post is correct. anxiety is real but its a symptom, not an illness.

Alright making what was my long story short. I had was having panic attacks often. Started loosing control of my conscious thoughts and was having suicidal idealizations. I dealt with this specifically for about 2 months along with depression. Grades where suffering because of it. During that time though I was determined to find a way to deal with it so I was constantly listening to audio books and exercising. Then I ran into the thing that actually helped me. It was a book called the panic switch. and now I'll go in to what I did specifically.

op is a faggot and ive been smeckledorfed

>and now I'll go in to what I did specifically.

when does now happen?

I've was diagnosed with anxiety disorder and agoraphobia when I was 17. Is it all in my head?

yes dont worry submit to allah and he will take your illness away

where else would it be?
anxiety is real, but "anxiety disorder" is just a label for the fact that you experience it more than other people.
it says nothing about the cause of your anxiety.

Thank you, oh wise one.
Allahu ackbarrrrrrrr

How I beat anxiety:

First and foremost I do think medication has its place for some people. For me I couldn't convince myself to go down that road. So the only thing available was to find what action or what thought or pattern of thoughts specifically was causing this to happen. I still recommend to read the book but from here on out ill tell you how I put what it said into practice.

People say you need to change the way you think. That isn't entirely wrong but para dime shifts are not an easy thing to educe. its like trying to put out a campfire with a river. Ya it will work but asking for that much effort from someone in that state isn't exactly reasonable. Instead what I vouch for is changing the way you think about anxiety and depression. The book i mentioned will tell you exactly what to do in the fist chapter this is me paraphrasing.

The first thing I had to do was break my thought pattern that was hurting me the most. the suicide idealizations. One method is distractions. Simply do something that takes your attention. I also started hanging out with my friends again. While this was happening I was avoiding contact with anyone. You need to practice redirecting your train of thought.

The second thing that i did was change the way i think about my panic attacks. I knew that they didn't actually harm me but I didn't really believe it. It seemed that I though the suicidal idealizations would some how make me commit suicide. The way I dealt with this and the anxiety was by becoming ok with both of them. I refused to dwell on it. I was no longer interested in stopping it nore ignoring it but rather gaining the skills to being able to live with it. If you can live with the thought and it doesn't fuck you every time you think it then it becomes just another thought and will eventually drift away like the others and you'll completely forget it happened until you decide to write a post about it several months later.

Now How i dealt with anxiety is the following.

Sorry after reading my last post I realized Im jumping around a bit. That was how I dealt with my suicidal ideations... I also discovered that google was making me spell it wrong the whole time.

link or number your posts so we can keep track. so far good advice.

I learned to control my breathing. Honestly the disruptive thoughts would only bother me when I was trying to sleep, and learning how to slow my breathing and heart rate helped quite a bit. Doesn't always work perfectly but nothing does.

If the disruptive thoughts and feelings really get to you, there are different ways you can deal with them. Confronting them, distracting yourself from them, focusing on dreams and aspirations, there are different methods for everyone.

Unless your anxiety is very severe, it's better for you in the long run to avoid medication, just because of the health effects.

Now the way I dealt with the anxiety was I started welcoming it. I though it was likely I would have to deal with it forever. In this situation something has to give. you body sees a threat and thinks It will get you if something is not done.

So... you can give up. Not on life but rather on anxiety. I stopped trying to stop it. And the book I was reading convinced me that in most cases when having an anxiety attack the people around you wont notice unless you say something. I was more concerned about what I was feeling then what others thought but I decided to stop caring about how I was feeling. I also stopped caring about being depressed. These where both things that only effected me and the only method these things had of effecting people around me was through me. So I didn't let it. After a while of doing this. I would attend school even if I was depersonalized. I would hang out with friends and wouldn't go home even if I was panicking on the inside about my breathing and my heart beat I would keep talking to my fiends and keep going to school. I was determined to live with it and in some cases use it. I discovered that during a panic attack if you manage to divert you attention away from what you believe to be your imminent demise you can actually think quite clearly. You body and mind essentially empties your thoughts and other worries out so you can focus on the one at hand... but after a while it stopped. I was no longer afraid of the panic attacks because I became ok with panicking. I no longer felt sad about being depressed because I knew that even if Im feeling shit or panicking I can still walk and talk Granted not as fluently as normal but I didn't need to.

I dealt with my anxiety and depression by convincing my self That I could live even if the problem was never solved... Then they went away. Every now and then I'll feel one coming on or feel a bit of denationalization but I didn't care. and before I knew It i was in the head space I wanted to be.

good post m8

Basically when your ok with anxiety. And are confident in you ability to deal with an attack to the point where you feel you can do literally anything you normally do while having one. And when you ok with having depression to the point where you dont even recognize it as a problem that will bar you from doing anything it will stop being one.

Now I'm in the head space that before I would spend time crying wishing that I was in. I would tell my self I'll keep moving forward because eventually I'll look back at this and be completely fine. Once I stopped believing that and was ok with the alternative like another thought the panic would just float away like any thought.

BTW the book I read was THE PANIC SWITCH you can find it on audible and get if free with a new account.

>Once I was ok with the alternative the panic would just float away like any thought.

i agree

But ya that was just the personal journey I wanted to get of my chest hoping in may help someone

i experienced many of the same things you did and i agree with what your saying 100%

the book that helped me was "mindful meditation" which provided me with many of the epiphanies you pointed out via meditation.

Hurr look at me mom I'm trolling durrr
Anons are so angry
Zozzle

Ya I also used Mindfulness meditation. That was one of the things i did to get rid of the ideations