ITT: We thank Fantano for giving an accurate score and we make fun of all the kids going mad in the comments

ITT: We thank Fantano for giving an accurate score and we make fun of all the kids going mad in the comments.

He un-cucked himself, bravo Fantano

Thank you based melonman

Accurate score? This was a 3/10 at best

HOLY SHIT

Melon Man actually coming through

godbless bald person

accurate in comparison to the other scores he's given this dumb rapper's '''''music'''''

Ehhh disagree. That pure comedy review was fucking unforgivable and I don't think he can ever come back from that

Yeah, he should have given it a ten, but I still think he gave it a decent review.

Why didn't you like Pure Comedy? Give an opinion without using buzzwords like "pretentious" or "hipster"

>tfw Sup Forums is gonna shitpost this score into oblivion like it means anything even though it's actually a positive score and he has given equal or higher scores to way shittier albums

It sounds like someone who just took their first philosophy/theology class in college and then wrote an album. Almost every song is a ballad and there is not enough variation. It's just a slog to get through and the lyrics are average

HOLY SHIT KENNY MEME MAN FOREVER BTFO FIRST THE P4K PAN NOW THIS

AYY LMAO
KEKEKEKEKEEKE

well your opnion is wrong lol!

On top of that it's trendy "alt-country" which is super in style with indie bands(alex g) and offers little substance (yes lyrically too)

So can you give examples of people sounding like they just received their philosophy/theology degree or are you just not allowed to make any kind of thoughtful/world-political music?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA KOONDRICK GOT A 7 AND ALL AMERIKKKAN BADASS GOT AN 8. BASED FANTANO.

>Breathes in.

FWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

>So can you give examples of people sounding like they just received their philosophy/theology degree

HAHAHAHA IT'S A SEVEN FUCK OFF

I don't watch Melon. What's his reasoning?

kendrick didn't think it through enough.
it was rushed out in reaction to events rather than thought through and connected to a strong central idea.
you know, fairly good reasoning.

Niggers are sub human animals who should genocided without remorse.

legit Bada$$ its a more enjoyable album

I'm honestly surprised, I expected him to give it another 11/10 and call it AOTY.

then again I've never enjoyed Kendrick Lamar so I don't really get the previous reviews anyway.

Isn't this the same guy who said Yeezus was a shit album?

I mean I hate this album but I can't take someones opinion seriously if they didn't realize the genius behind Yeezus.

thanks melon

Thank God. Now I can stop listening to this shit desperately trying to find merit in it.

He never thought it was shit, he felt it was mediocre and it was Kanye's worst release because it was his least forward thinking, he was just following the popular industrial rap trends at the time instead of setting his own trends like he usually does.

the new sun kil moon is thoughtful/world-political and its great

pure comedy is untolerable crap

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>Isn't this the same guy who said Yeezus was a shit album?
yeezus is bad

thank goodness
now when can I stop listening to his previous 3 albums and Atrocity Exhibition trying to find merit in them?

Nah he hates Kanye in general.

That review was when I stopped taking him seriously too because he completely missed the point of Yeezus and insulted what is now commonly accepted to be a revolutionary masterpiece.

fuck this racist

Now we can finally stop pretending that this album is good, thanks Based Melon.

Kendricks career is over

this makes no sense. think whatever you want about yeezus but it wasn't following any trends, that's idiotic.

it should be illegal for white people to utter a word about black art

BASED MELON

>black "art"

I disagree with him, but like always, he explains his reasoning very well. I still think it's a 9 though

While his lyrics are clever and playfully frustrating, it's the actual music that makes it terrible.. boring aimless major chord progressions, and sometimes the vocals dont even fit he's just bellowing on top of uninspired music wtf. I don't care how smart and well read he is it doesn't give you a pass on having to come up with good music.

Should have been a 6 desu

cuck

ok white person masquerading as a black person to annoy white people into not liking kendrick and liking melon head. ok.

Fuck Fantano this guy knows NOTHING about hip hop. smdh white people shouldn't review shit they don't know

hi Sup Forums

> Kendrick fans actually want more to pimp a liberal agenda more than a incredibly produced hip-hop album

I never thought I would see the day that Kendrick fans are just as bad as j.cole fans

ITT PEOPLE FORGIVING KENDRICK FOR THE WORST SONGS OF HIS ENTIRE CAREER

>YAH.
>ELEMENT.
>LOYALTY.
>LOVE.
>GOD.

7 is waaaaaaaaaaay to high

Lmao the concept wasn't laid out for his stupid ass so he couldn't comprehend the album

Haha I also found this website during the election season haha

all those songs are good except loyalty

u on dum bruh element is a goat song

t. Hopsin/Odd Future fanboy

surface-level observations on geopolitics and theology masked under about fifteen layers of irony, sarcasm and self-deprecation (none of which is particularly charming or novel), all presented in the form of meandering ballads that are pretty snooze-inducing.

>he thinks loyalty and element are bad

that was a good one

Honestly this is what I've come to expect from white music 'reviewers'. They just don't understand hip-hop music. Yes, Kendrick is the best artist of this generation, hell, maybe of the past few generations too. Y'all need to sit down and listen when a black person wants to speak his mind on a record. Now, I'm white too but I know when my voice is needed, and it's not needed when we're talking about hip hop, yeah I understand it better than most (and I clearly understand it better than someone that doesn't like Kendrick). But we as white people need to sit down and really think about what K dot has done on this record and then realise that it's not FOR us, and if we enjoy it (despite it not being for us) then that AUTOMATICALLY makes it a 10. Frankly, to not enjoy K dot is to be racist in my mind and it screams that you don't want to know about the black experience.

>If I gotta slap a pussy-ass nigga, I'ma make it look sexy
If I gotta go hard on a bitch, I'ma make it look sexy

Damn, the best lyricist in the game the GOAT

You're right about those, but I liked loyalty.

Did you take this from reddit?

you're selling too hard

master b8

stop trying to incite white vs. black hatred over a 7/10 album. we already know you hate blacks and are trolling.

7/10 is only an average score to people who never score below a 5/10.

Meme Melon Man is accurate with a 7 here

Agreeable score to be honest. Its a mediocre album with 10/10 moments

>cherry picking two lines
>muh lyrics

neck yourself

If this wasn't a Kendrick Lamar album Fantano would have given it a 4

gr8 bait

OK but this is the same man who gave MBDTF a 6

I think you only listened to the album once kid

but you are right, LOVE is garbage its probably a song the label forced.

honestly with the amount of new fags browsing Sup Forums this is probably a real opinion

>Kendrick is the best artist of this generation
That's where you're wrong, kiddo.

>I'm allergic to a bitch nigga, ayy
>An imaginary rich nigga, ayy
>Seven figures, hoe, that slimmer than my bitch figure, ayy

I can keep going

>cherry picking
>the most outstanding quotable lines in the whole album

what are you? 13?

This

people would call him a hack if he gave it a 9, so he gave it a 7. what a fucking cuck.

this fantano kid might not be so awful after all

HAHAHAHA KENMEME BTFO

U2 was literally the best part of this album and it was only for a short while

Kendrick Lmao btfo

why are you hip hop fans so bad at communication. enlighten that user if you will. explain to him that getting into hip hop requires its own form of literacy that rests on intertextuality within the genre.. which is why lyrics like that, devoid of context sound clinically retarded.

>le ebin 'other people perpetuate the idea of it being a masterpiece so it definitively must be' meme
Yeezus is one of my favorite albums of all time but fuck off.

Unironically this

I like how 7 is considered bad for kdot, basically agreeing that he's a cut above the rest

thats why he did it. he wanted to give it a 9. but had to give it a 7 so he wouldn't seem like a cuck, which he is!

Time to unsubscribe.

Fuck. I can't like the album anymore, happened with yeezus and mbdtf

>he actually thinks Yeezus is good

literally nothing wrong with those lyrics.

i'd be okay with this score if it werent for pure comedy, AABA and that shit he pulled with neil cicierega

>he thinks its bad

A 7 is generous desu, by far his worst album so far

Pls be joking

Only person talking sense in this thread

Literally any rapper could have written Element, I don't understand why anyone is giving it a pass

I think this happens with every artist we really like though tbf m8.

At first I was hyped as fuck and thought this was one of Kendrick's best, but after six or seven listens I kind of agree with the melon.
I would've given it a strong6/light7, but whatever.

Bruh I had no idea

Kendricks done man

you could say that about literally any song

>2017
>lyrics are the only relevant thing in hip hop