Why is casual racism against Indigenous Americans considered okay...

Why is casual racism against Indigenous Americans considered okay? Half the time it's not even thought of as racist when indigenous people and culture is slandered. You can be a Native in a group full of non Native people and someone say something stupid about Indians and no one would even consider it might be offensive to you. It's just culturally acceptable to consider Indigenous people as subhuman. Why? At least racists know when they're being racist to black or spics or chinks. Inguns don't even get that benfit though.

Other urls found in this thread:

cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/residential-school-survivor-responds-beyak-1.4019145
southerngazette.ca/news/regional/2017/3/10/labrador-mp-wants-senator-to-resign-over-residential-school-rema.html
dailyxtra.com/canada/news-and-ideas/news/experts-scheduled-testify-trans-rights-bill-in-april-216605
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynn_Beyak
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

People are so sensitive about racism towards Natives that they will sometimes not even build useful stuff on land in which some Injun was buried.

Funny how in Canada, the aboriginal population is centered as our own "blacks" - the ultimate disadvantaged group in the country.

I wouldn't say people don't recognize they're being racist towards Natives though, just that they aren't as ashamed to act that way.

I'm sorry but Natives are worse than niggers.

Don't you want somebody to shove?
Don't you need somebody to shove?
Wouldn't you like somebody to shove?
You'd better find somebody to shove.
Yeah.

My highschool experience:
>Peter Pan brought up in class
>girls start pretending to pow wow and war call
>boys start making racist jokes
>this is a liberal theatre arts class
>if someone mocked blacks or queers like this they would've been doxxed
>it's all okay
>just sit awkwardly as the girls dance around me
It's just second nature

Fuck the chugs, I hate them and so does any other white Canadian who has had to live around them.

t. Richard Standing Rooster

At any moment we could finish them off so they don't complain. Plus, not enough of them left to even complain and make a big deal.

So, it's going to be like this huh?

>queers like this they would've been doxxed

They would be socially crucified.

>Why is casual racism against Indigenous Americans considered okay?

Because they area small minority and culture has made them a safe target

>Half the time it's not even thought of as racist when indigenous people and culture is slandered. You can be a Native in a group full of non Native people and someone say something stupid about Indians and no one would even consider it might be offensive to you.
> It's just culturally acceptable to consider Indigenous people as subhuman. Why?

It's like a guy who doesn't stand for himself when people are talking shit. You give an inch people will go the long mile because they know said guy won't do anything.

Natives were always low in number so there's never been a person to call it out in a " hey fuck you man" kind of way so the sentiment grew just like how much shit yo could talk about backs back in the day because any attempt to call that out got you beaten down socially or physically. On top of that identifying as Native or partially native of notable degree was a risky because of the stigma associated with it. There's people who never knew they were half or a quarter native because their their parents or grandparent took it to the r death bed. Like too many back then and the older folk it was badge of shame or the thing you don't talk about because of the stigma like granny being half black and always wearing a hat for some odd reason.

this

no, they're just afraid they're gonna get some Injun curse on them or something

I feel your pain op. My great-great grandmother was a full-blooded Cherokee princess so the blood of the Native Americans flows through me.

>There's people who never knew they were half or a quarter native because their their parents or grandparent took it to the r death bed.

I've always had a suspicion that my grandfather was native. I did a bit of research into my genealogy to see if I could qualify for bux but no luck. I still believe it, I just think that my grandfather grew up in a time and place where the best thing to do was hide that sort of information.

>This genocide started with good intentions
>look on the bright side
why are tory senators such scumbags
we've barely gotten over the last time tory senators had a major scandal

cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/residential-school-survivor-responds-beyak-1.4019145

southerngazette.ca/news/regional/2017/3/10/labrador-mp-wants-senator-to-resign-over-residential-school-rema.html

>Saying American tier shit on trans people
>Previously worked in real estate and insurance
>Nominated by Stephen Harper
Wipe away one layer of scum you uncover three more

dailyxtra.com/canada/news-and-ideas/news/experts-scheduled-testify-trans-rights-bill-in-april-216605

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynn_Beyak

based

Wow

How the fuck is this acceptable?

Mexicans/ LatAm say otherwise

CRY FOR THE INDIANS

That's nothing

Natives have lots of problems but they're not bad people deep down inside.

Only anglos absolutely hate them. Not a huge deal because theyre going extinct anyway.

They have a big complex lmao.

why should it not be okay?