youtube.com/watch?v=USXEi5dJPto
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Discipline
>Not great
Ok lad

what do you mean?

yea

>listens to Talking Heads once

It was the absence of Bill Bruford that killed it- every album post-Thrak is mediocre at best

No Adrian Belew is sick. I used to only like up to Red from KC it wasn't until like a year ago that Discipline finally clicked. Thela Hun Gingeet mthfckr

It was their worst album when it released.

Citation needed

Actually Lizard is way worse

>So Adrian Belew killed it, right?
What are you talking about? He's played on The Downward Spiral and Remain In The Light. He's essential.

Not even close.

I

Adrian Belew is the man
youtube.com/watch?v=ZoSgE8EC4gc

2nd best KC
this is better tho t b h

TALK

I DID

IT'S ONLY TALK

listening to this for the first time right now

only other KC album I've listened to is their first

i thought the Talking Heads comparison was probably overstated but wow

yeah desu this is one of the best
Beat is also p good
haven't heard perfect pair yet tho

Adrian Belew is the GOAT
youtube.com/watch?v=USXEi5dJPto

SHE WAITS IN THE AIR

Three of a Perfect Pair is a lot better than Beat, in my opinion. The first half has some top-tier pop songs (Model Man and Man With an Open Heart are both great). The second half is more Fripp-focused experimental rock, and Dig Me is one of King Crimson's best tracks of any era.

OP is a faggot.

Adrian saved King Crimson from its self.

Thanks for letting me know. It's been on my listen list for awhile so i'll check it out when i get money.

This

Lizard is fucking great, Cirkus is KC's best song.

Why was Discipline so much better then their other 80's albums?

bad opinion

THELA HUN GINJEET THELA HUN GINJEET

>Why was Discipline so much better then their other 80's albums?
it wasnt

How would you rank them, then?

Adrian Blew it

>not Adrian Belew it

You blew it

Fripp/Wetton/Bruford was the best KC formation.

>Forgetting perhaps the most important member of that formation

You probably only looked at the cover of Red

This

Cross really wasn't all that important
KC would have been epic if they replaced him with Macdonald after red and didn't go on hiatus.

His vocals are great and expressive. Discipline is my second favorite KC album, and certainly better than pretty much all their shitty 70's output like Starless and Bible Black.

Red is the best, yes.

Although Adrian's zaniness paired with Fripp's dullness made for a great album in Discipline.

cross is important, had he stayed you'd probably have more KC albums with that lineup after red.

You have to appreciate Free Jazz to understand the brilliance of Lizard. It's their most avant-garde album and really is a masterpiece, but rock plebs can't appreciate it.

>lizard

here come the autists

I felt like Islands did it better

Islands was nice but much softer and more influenced by the cool jazz sound of Gil Evans & Miles Davis. Lizard is crazier, but less accessible as a result.

Guys, I'm a huge prog fan that had until recently only heard In the Court, and the gates of poseidon. I heard Red a few months back, I didn't think it was as good as their early stuff but it was pretty good.

What should I hear next? Is Discipline really that good? And the main reason why I haven't heard their other music is because Fripp is Jewish and after world war 2 following his peoples suffrage, he decided to never let a penny get away ever again, making all his music non-streamable while also having a team of top hasidic Jews crawling every corner of the internet on a search to find DL links and zippy rars to his albums. I've heard tales of such Jews dating back to 2000 years ago, a Jew who tricked an entire planet into believing he was the messiah and taking all their pennys. Now Fripp is back, creating music not humanly possible in an effort to part man from his penny once and for all. Is Fripp the messiah?

Larks is their best if you haven't heard that yet. Discipline is also good if you like Talking Heads and want some Mathy New Wave

Larks, Discipline and Lizard

because it was their first

Adrien and fripp milked their combined creative juices to the last drop for this one. there might have been something left for three of a pair and thrak but only on a handful of tracks for the two combined albums.

Larks' really is incredible. my favorite, up there with red and in the court

Have they ever done a full Larks' Tongues suite live?
I would kill to hear that.

With all 4 parts? I dont think so

Larks' Tongues in Aspic is an essential album of both KC's discography and of progressive rock in general, so I'd get to that as soon as possible. Then try Islands, my personal favorite of the KC catalog. It's much softer and more low-key than their other albums, but I feel that's part of its appeal. It's not as showy as In The Court or Red, but it strikes all the same chords emotionally. The title track is perhaps their greatest song.

starless and bible black is underrated and a personal favorite