Do people on RYM really take ratings this seriously?

Do people on RYM really take ratings this seriously?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/film_collection/xedoua/r2.5
rateyourmusic.com/collection/xedoua/r5.0
rateyourmusic.com/collection/xedoua/r0.5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>offended by music
how pleb can you possibly get

what do your curves look like OP

but he is actually right, user.

>implying curves even matter
You're just as bad as pic related

>anime nerds and video game fans are spergs

Wow what a revelation

I'm just wondering if you rate lots of shit 0.5 stars or if this person isn't someone who's that fucking passionate about the Nier Automata soundtrack.

*rymers

Nah. This is my first 0.5 rating.

wasn't me btw.

Update on the situation. He is

>half stars are for [insert subjective opinion on the matter of half stars]
>y u think it is [my subjective opinion on the matter of half stars]

never change, rym

>giving game music anything other than 0.5

>Tim Folin
>Koji Kondo
>Akira Yamaoka
>Junichi Masuda
>Takashi Tateishi
>Yoko Shimomura
>Peter McConnell
>0.5 stars

sure he's really sperging out over someone giving a bad rating to something he likes, but

can you actually criticize it to the point where it's only worth 0.5 stars for reasons aside from it being a weeb video game soundtrack that is currently the #1 rated album of 2017

Look out guys! We've got a weeb on our hands

but why, other than ?
did you even play the game?
are you even more autistic about the top charts?

If you're so patrician then what's your album of the year so far?

I don't take much pride in any rating I give. I didn't think all too much about it. But yeah I suppose I'm a bit autistic about my top charts. Not autistic enough to DM someone about it, though.

Get a load of this NERD

Why is it still number one and only shows 54 ratings when there are loads more and its not even number one anymore, is there a conspiracy to shove this anime garbage down my throat or does it just take awhile to update?

two of those were american you silly bhabi

only autists would think DMs are a big deal, because they're naturally afraid to approach people

Is it going to take until something rockets up to number 1 for Sharifi and co to fix his site

holy kek. checkmate, OP

Yeah as someone who's never listened to this ost I find it hard to imagine it's so bad it deserves that rating. I've literally never given out a half star

this retard rated this masterpiece a half star

In terms of RYM's #1s:
2016 (Blackstar) >2010 (MBDTF) >2011 (Let England Shake) >2014 (To Be Kind) > 2013 (Virgins) > 2015 = 2012 (Kendrick)

>23 0.5 ratings
>all of the other low ratings are less than 10
So people are disingenuously rating it just because it's at the top. Just fucking purge this site already.

>FAVORITE GENRES: Rock (and most sub-genres), Folk, Progressive Metal, Power Metal, Symphonic Prog

This absolute retard also rated Trout Mask Replica as a half star, why do weebs have such shit taste in music?

>FAVORITE GENRES: Power Metal

power metal is patrician

Video games take more skill then music
Reasoning:
Albums take only a hour at Max to listen to
Video games take up to over 50 hours to fully enjoy
Verdict:
Video games are a more skillful medium then music You can"play" a song but you cant play a video game
What do you Guy's think?

This is some shit bait, man.

No trolls aloud in my forums, begone!!

this

why is Sup Forums so triggered by a score

it updates every 2 weeks iirc

I bet you're that faggot with beigecuck taste who thinks Mount Eerie has the best album the year

itt ironic kendrick lamar fans

>rightly identifies rym-core babby's first experimental meme noise saxocrap album as bad

based

t. nu-male

go back to metal you insecure loser who listens to music solely to remind yourself how hardcore you are
>inb4 EPIC projection reply

haha I KNOW RIGHT, those faggot nu-males lack the taste and refinement of a true gentleman's genre, the subject matter of which is defined by an inability to cope reality so it retreats into the infantilized caverns of the undeveloped mind's depictions of fantasy

>hurr durr rym likes it so it's bad
Kill yourself.

rateyourmusic.com/film_collection/xedoua/r2.5

w e w

>your average anime fan
the same retards that claim anime has any depth when its always just a shallow imitation of depth

I don't think they're much of an anime fan, just a video game person. I can tell because there's no Haruhi or Madoka in their ratings over 3.5s.

absolutely. . . . .

He's worse than any animefag. He's a pixarfag.

>yfw metalheads can only enjoy children's films

I've listened to a few of the tracks, I'd say it's definitely at least a 3 star soundtrack. Overrated but not bad at all. He's right that you're retarded for rating an album .5 stars just because you're triggered that a vidya OST is number 1 in the rankings. That's beyond autism.

rateyourmusic.com/collection/xedoua/r5.0
rateyourmusic.com/collection/xedoua/r0.5
You're still retarded op, but kek my sides.

fantasy, all fictional stories do deal with reality though - they're to be understood metaphorically. pleb who can only appreciate rappers and folk singers talking about "that real shit" in a straightforward way

Kek

?

lel

Your entire post is buzzwords

there's actually a reason why videogame, film music should not be regarded as a serious attempt to make art

music is made for the medium in this case, a mere auditive companion to it, meant to be listened to boost the main experience, not as a piece that is, for example, meant to affect your physical state like some artists do
no matter how good the music is, the artist did not intend it to be an intimate listen for a person

>likes progressive metal
>hates actual prog

pottery

This isn't true. You can still feel emotion from a chord progression or melody even if you have never experienced the original media. You can still feel the atmosphere of a track. Why are there some composers who primarily work on scores more respected than others if all of them don't matter without the original media?

Fucking this. Why do people even listen to soundtracks on their own? It makes especially little sense with video game music since it's meant to be looped, too.

why would he rate all of zs record so low
why can anyone possibly hate em

I always get suspicious about a user's opinions if any artist is rated all 0.5

listen to any track out of a soundtrack, save for some, most of the times the track doesn't attempt to keep the listener interested

>Why are there some composers who primarily work on scores more respected than others if all of them don't matter without the original media?
because they make good movie/videogame/whatever scores?