Why is political rap so fucking cringeworthy?

Why is political rap so fucking cringeworthy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JKYB0c3ZdFY?t=2m33s
youtube.com/watch?v=G8Epkoo5ntc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>FUCK DONALD TRUMP

Such incredible lyrics!
Voice of our generation!
Totally not going to be forgotten in a few years once the anti-trump circlejerkers get bored and find someone else to hate

Everyone knows the only good rap is the ignorant dirty south memphis/houston/ sound. If you listen to rap/hip hop for political insight you are a fool.

>AY YO
>AY YO HOL UP
>FCUK DRUMPF
>YEA

I mean not all of it is trash

Because it's written by niggers and Jews and neither one of these groups has had an original idea since 1987
>amerikkka
My point exactly

You're white.

You can't relate to the album.

This album aged poorly

Stunning and brave. This oppressed minority is fighting the man, even though every television network, radio station and Hollywood is pro-Trump. The public school system, the major political donors, etc are all pro-Trump so this artist is taking a major risk by saying what others are too cowardly to say.

i liked this album. it was much more than "Fuck donald"
the schoolboy verse was fire and overall the albums a soft 3/5

We must not forget the musical genius from artists such as Too Short from Oakland.

this

AYO FUCK DONALD TRUMP ORANGE ASS NIGGA
AYO BLACK LIVES MATTER FUCK RACISM AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE
SHOOT A NIGGA DEAD AYY AYY POUR ONE OUT FOR MY NIGGA AYY AYY

You mean like 99% of rap? Perhaps you just grew up.

Good political discussion goes to the core of the issue, takes a look at both sides, maybe puts the argument in a historical context, and then argues why one side is the better choice for the current problem.

Rap lyrics are FUCK FUCK GIMMIE GIMMIE TRUMP TRUMP

FUCK DONALD DUCK, NIGGA

Because it's not 1989 any more lol
That doesn't mean the album has no merits in the modern day, that's like saying Remain in Light sucks because worldbeat is dead

I mean it aged poorly compared to the rest. 80's rap is corny as fuck

This thread is better today than it was a few days ago.

You people are just racist. What's different between a political rap song and political rock song? You guys love leftist rock music that has anti-Trump, anti-racist and anti-capitalist but when a rapper does it you make fun of him and say his lyrics suck, presumably because of the ebonics. What gives?

huh

Fucking Donald Drumpf, why does he have to ruin music. It's all his fault that Jews are paying niggers to spout propaganda. This is a new phenomenon too, it hasn't been going on since at least the 1920s

There's a difference between Gang of Four or something and a guy just saying "AYO FUCK TRUMP HOLD YOUR HANDS UP HIGH NIGGA AND SHOUT IT TO THE SKY"

>Good political discussion goes to the core of the issue, takes a look at both sides, maybe puts the argument in a historical context, and then argues why one side is the better choice for the current problem.

You just made this retarded criteria out of thin air.

Musically modern rap artists do not compare to their 90's and 00's counterparts. They sounded "blacker" then.

this
political hip-hop is shit for the most part. I like Public Enemy thoguh. At least they were fun and in your face

>you guys love leftist rock music
Source?

Rapping about Trump has been going on since the 1920's?

Joey literally only says "fuck donald trump" on one track.

Your whiteness is so over-sensitive you hallucinate that more was said.

The album isn't about trump, it's about white supremacy. And Amerikkka.

kill yourself cracker.

This

also
>implying musicians have any obligation whatsoever to produce "good political discussion" instead of just making fucking music.

If I were racist I wouldn't listen to hip hop at all. Rap typically isn't a good medium for making a big political point. I'm not a fan of political hip hop or rock in general, it gets too preachy.

I loved the album though.

>if they don't like political rap they like political rock
fuck off

>whiteness

Why you so racist nigga

how to spot a meal fag

The topic is "why is the political discussion shitty" ya dumbfuck.

>Your whiteness is so over-sensitive you hallucinate that more was said.
>black person saying this
W E W
E
W
it has really come full circle now

>I'm not a fan of political hip hop or rock in general, it gets too preachy.

People who say this often have little to no political knowledge about anything.

You're turned off it by "poilitcal" music because of your politcal insecurity.

Because you as a white man in Amerikkka are automatically evil and a oppressor whether you realize it or not. You are the benefactor of white supremacy and you view the world through a white supremacist lens. Shut the fuck up and sit down racist because you don't know shit about hip hop and need to be quiet. I bet you only listen to rap because "shit bangs" but you don't respect the artists or what they're saying and look at them as subhuman because you're a racist scumbag.

I'm not the user you're replying to, but should everybody really care about politics? I don't give a fuck about politics and that's why I don't want to heard any political music.
>inb4 you're ignorant

t. whiteys bickering

you guys have some of the most vile ancestors in recent history.

just own that shit already, ya'll only fooling each other

and not very well at that lmao

cringe

>niggers can't handle banter for shit
in no way shape or form surprised desu

Or I just don't want to listen to musicians trying to shove their political opinions down my throat. If I want political discussion I'll turn on the news. I don't give a shit about Trump or liberals or white supremacy or whatever, I just want to listen to some music.
t. sociology major

So you must not care about life.

Life is politcs.

Everything you do or consume is poltics.

Denial doesn't negate the reality of politics.

Cause you're an inbred who spends more time on pol than talking to people

>Why is political rap so fucking cringeworthy?

I see ya kid. This album is fucking amazing and bus driver is severely under-rated

I love it when in middle of a song which isn't about politics at all "fuck donald trump" pops out
like what the fuck?! I know it's hard to make an eloquent and smart anti trump song like YG did, but at least make a verse out of that!

>unironically using the term Amerikkka

My ancestors were enslaved before yours. My ancestors are the root of the very word "slave" (Slav). You don't hear us crying about it. Get over shit that happened 200 years ago. You're far from the only group oppressed throughout history. It's happened to every racial and ethnic group at some point.

Now we bend over backwards to help you get ahead with AA programs and quotas even if you're of inferior ability. Sit down B.

where are you all getting this from? That album is about much more than that. You must not have even listened to it, the Donald is barely mentioned at all. Is it just that you nu-conservative types have a persecution complex because you got played by the guy you voted for?

I care for something as long as it somehow influences my life in a big way. I couldn't give a shit about foreign policy. I don't care for president because as long as I can do what I like, why should I care?

ITT: Faggots strawmannning musicians they don't like.

I don't vote and I don't pay attention to politics. Fuck that shit. I can't do anything about it, we're all owned by corporations and elites no matter who's in charge. Who gives a fuck just live your own life instead of worrying about what some old whitebred assholes in DC are shitting out of their mouths

thanks dude

people itt are really only talking about the most straightforwardly political rap and probably wouldn't even be able to make out the political themes in an album like Perfect Hair or Deltron 3030.

Shut the fuck up kid

>My ancestors were enslaved before yours.
>b-b-b-but.... we were slaves too remember!?!?!?!?

ya'll have had basic civil rights here for more than 63 years dipshit. honestly arguing this kind of bullshit just proves you don't care enough about racial inequality to put basic critical thought into your argument.

if all you really wanna say is "shut up nigger" just say that lmao

xD

Political music is ok when it's subtle and using metaphors and shit instead of straight up saying "fuck the president"

He's right.
>"We can change things if we just believe! Just go out and vote and protest and call your congressmen and post Facebook posts things will get better! Donate and match me!"

How has that worked out?

It sure is the best style of rap but you also have the bay area.

sure.

but if you're worried it's futile, why not do more instead of less?

>You must not have even listened to it
Of course they haven't. It's Sup Forums; what did you expect?

>you guys have some of the most vile ancestors in recent history.
People actually that retarded?

>anime
>reddit spacing
Did not even read

It's possible to like an artist and not like their preachy songs. Tribe are my favorite rappers and this is the stupidest performance i've ever seen.

youtu.be/JKYB0c3ZdFY?t=2m33s

No it's to prove you're just whiny faggots and need to get over yourselves.

Slavs were severely restricted from immigrating to the US until 1965. Eastern Europeans were regarded as second class citizens and inferior to Western Europeans. Asians experienced the same thing, as did Italians for a time. You were not the only ones who suffered. But today how many Italians and Irish and Slavic people in the US do you hear complaining that they were oppressed 50-100 years ago? None. Why? Because what the fuck can they do about that, it's the past. Focus on your own shit and take advantage of the fact that you have the opportunity to get ahead now in the current year and you don't live in that time anymore. F

this

that's the thing
most political rap is too on the nose with shit like "fuck the president fuck u racist nigga police b shootin us"
you need metaphor and wordplay to make it good

>american rap
>political
why is this even a topic for discussion? ignore it and leave it for the children who think they can listen to this type of music to make them knowledgeable about politics and not racist at the same time!

anyone who takes anything else from it doesn't have any understanding or political standpoint really.

Slavs are still looked a bit down upon here in western Europe desu

the bay area is underrated as fuck
youtube.com/watch?v=G8Epkoo5ntc

is there a worse offender than these two fucks?

Irish, Italians, Asians and Slavs were never discriminated to the extent blacks are. Plus they weren't forcibly brought over and segregated from white people in half the country.

Most Sup Forums fags are crypto-nu-males. Just the opposite side of the same coin.

OK sure. Blacks were discriminated against, I will not deny. But my point is they're not the only group to experience this treatment in the US in the past but they're the one group still making a big stink to this day.

history is ass and nobody should give a fuck about what happened. JUST LIVE YOUR LIFE FAGGOTS

>DUDE DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING
Faggota like you should neck themself. Coming in and contributing nothing and actively trying to kill discussion

Because it's retarded

My 5 year old cousin has a more nuanced understanding of politics. The closest semblance of a point there is is "racism is bad", it doesn't understand or care to understand why or how it's like this and then they go on to embody a walking stereotype that's everything a racist would use to make fun of and prejudge them turned up to 11

Blacks are still discriminated against how can you not see that?

Do you not hear the stories about unarmed innocent black men being shot on the news?

The one black President who is considered one of the greatest of all time being called illegitimate because he's black? Succeeded by a KKK-endorsed mentally retarded tv star who got elected because he said openly racist shit?

White women refusing to date black men even to this day? I went to a woman's house in high school, white woman, to study. Her father kicked me out for the color of my skin and said I couldn't see his daughter anymore.

Us being called thugs and lowlifes for expressing ourselves through music and trying to get ahead? The routes of success for us are sports, music, or crime. You talk about AA and that shit but you got to realize why that shit exists. Because YOU fucked our schools and neighborhoods so it's impossible to focus on school and stay out of the life. Even if you get ahead and get that degree and job most places WILL hire the white man over the black man regardless.

You don't know shit. Sit the fuck down you Russian piece of shit thinking you can talk about me and my struggles.

You're mostly right, you're just (seemingly willfully) ignoring the fact that it's justifiably proportionate and can easily be traced to our current situation; far more easily than that connection could be refuted.
>inb4 muh individual responsibility half-truth

I can't make anything out of Busdriver

His music just makes me scared, angry and confused

this shit has been discussed a million times. I'm not saying XD DONT CARE ABOUT ANYTHING , I'm saying actually this

t. pleb

Obama was fucking garbage as a prez what are you on about. White women not wanting to date you is 100% up to them

That's not indicative of society at large.
Your girl's father was a racist. OK. That doesn't mean every girl's father is like that.

Obama wasn't disliked because he was black. He was disliked because he didn't deliver on his "hope and change" promises for the blue collar workers who voted for him. Trump appealed to them and got elected by them. There were a few birther nuts but that's the fringe.

The third post doesn't even make sense unless you live in a literal ghetto filled with crime/violence which not all black people do (and poor whites/Latinos in similar situations are equally as fucked). They legally can't hire a white man over a black man on the basis of that. There were black kids who lived in the same neighborhood as me and went to the same school, they had far more routes to success than just sports/crime/music. They had the same opportunities I had.

Grow the fuck up. Look at the Asians. They were hated so much that they were legally forced into ghettos and laws were made preventing them from entering the country. During World War II, the Japanese were sent into concentration camps (technically internment camps, but why sugarcoat it?) where the conditions were total ass for no other reason than their race. Now they are outearning white families in the United States. Discrimination isn't dead, but it's your choice to either stay bitter and not do anything with your life or become successful and get back at the white man.

Very simple.

>come in
>colonize
>set up cities
>wait for retarded barbarians to get with the program
>Once they do they take over the shitty city we didn't even want
>We leave and let you keep thousands of years of civilization white people dies for
>don't even expect the nogs to say thank you
>we made the world a better place. that is enough
>Jews will never do that for anyone.
>Greedy fucking Jews

Hwut?

Because political discussion in general is cringeworthy. A lot of people tend to go into a debate already aligned with a side, and not open to listening to new ideas. Rather, it seems like they show up to a debate to act like backup in a fight, rather than someone willing to hear out new ideas and rationalize why they may or may not be right by some philosophical or logical standards. Even worse than that, a lot of people like to enter into debate about completely foreign topics that they have done absolutely zero prior research on, and will spout whatever hairbrained idea they come up with that continues to support their current view of the world, instead of taking an objective look at the problem.
To top the cake off, political rap (and political podcasts/youtube series, and other one man shows) gets really cringeworthy because its not a discussion at all. Its an echo chamber where one person spouts their views. It can be good when its someone offering a very unique view that seldom receives attention, but when its the same shit over and over again it gets old and tired very fast.

>wow wtf I didn't get a free white woman for merely existing!! racism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>doesn't realize Obama was endorsed by an ex-KKK member senator
>actually calling him a "Russian piece of shit" when you'd go on a complete chimp out and market it as further evidence of your delusions if someone returned the favor and called you an uppity fucking nigger
I hope you're in it for the (you)'s my dude.

Just because something bad happens to a black person it's not because they're black and you're being racist for assuming that.

>Do you not hear the stories about unarmed innocent black men being shot on the news?
Yes, more black people are on the receiving end of gun violence. Because they live in disproportionately poor neighbourhoods and they embody stereotypes associated with crime and violence.

A disproportionate amount of men get profiled by police too, it's not because they're men.

>The one black President who is considered one of the greatest of all time being called illegitimate because he's black?
Nobody hates Obama because he's black, you fucking canoe. But you know that.

>Succeeded by a KKK-endorsed mentally retarded tv star who got elected because he said openly racist shit?
Yeah that's why Donald Trump got elected

>White women refusing to date black men even to this day?
That's biology. You aren't sexist against women because you're gay

>Us being called thugs and lowlifes for expressing ourselves through music and trying to get ahead?
People prejudge anyone and everyone and especially people that embody obnoxious stereotypes. People don't make fun of juggalos because "they just hate white people"

>You don't know shit. Sit the fuck down you Russian piece of shit thinking you can talk about me and my struggles.
No. I can and will explain to you why you're a pretentious retard just like I would if you weren't black. Because I'm not racist.

Races aren't equall.
Race mixing is disgusting.
Do you not hear the stories of blacks playing knockout games? Or how blacks do 50% of crimes in America while making 13% of population?

>Your girl's father was a racist. OK. That doesn't mean every girl's father is like that.
He still found it acceptable enough to convey. Don't get me wrong there are always exceptions to this, but a huge portion of the country still sees nothing wrong with this, believes it is a good thing, or at least refuses to denounce his right to the decision.

>Obama wasn't disliked because he was black.
By the end of his term, you're very right. But people were all over him for racist and xenophobic reasons well before he took office.

>They had the same opportunities I had.
Opportunity is a half-truth. Outliers exist, but if you have a fucked up home life or even just feel moderately uncomfortable in school due to the perception of your skin color. you're less likely to take up those opportunities and more likely to become disenfranchised. I mean hell, have you seen how many seemingly well-off white kids end up burning out anyway just because they felt like they didn't fit in? It doesn't take much and being black in America is more than enough.

No it's white woman refuse to date black men because of racist beliefs. Solely on the color of skin. In 2017.

You expect me to take that shit seriously? The KKK endorsed Obama to tank his chances. They endorsed Trump because they geniunely agreed with him.

Russians are white and treated 100% equally. They hacked our election and are an enemy of our state. They don't deserve any respect.

Why do police target black neighborhoods and not trailer parks then?

Birthers? The entire Tea Party/GOP? Why else would they hate him so much? They stopped everything he was trying to do and called him names like Hussein and Monkey.

Why did Trump get elected then if not for his fuck mexicans and Blacks platform?

There is NOTHING biological about human race. It's a social construct. It's based on bigoted societal attidudes and misconception of black men.

Not racist? Sounds pretty racist and wilfully ignorant to me.

>willfully ignorant

congratulations, you've discovered the secret behind alt-right ideology!

>They hacked our election and are an enemy of our state.
So it's just for (you)'s, enjoy your last one.

Keep swallowing Daddy Trump's lies.

It's really fucking clear they pulled some strings. Too many shady connections. Again, willful ignorance and cognitive dissonance. Sounds like the alt right in a nutshell.

holy fuck are you misinformed. white dude here. i'm ashamed to be lumped in with people like you. you just admitted your racism about three times over.

>I know it's hard to make an eloquent and smart anti trump song like YG did
Oh God, don't remind me.

Fun fact: Linnaeus' theory of the different human races was constructed under the completely arbitrary premise that Europeans were had genetically perfect proportions also included a species of human beings he claimed the have seen that had one leg they hopped around on with a giant foot they would sleep under.