It's the most 9/10 album ever.

Bad times like GAW

> 9/10
It sure as fuck isn't, 8/10 at a push

It was a 7 because of the expectation

It's shit.

it's actually a 6/10

Yeah, I would say it's a decent 7

I'd give it a 7 but desu I don't have the desire to keep listening to it as an album like with GKMC and TPAB. I almost always skip YAH, LOVE, and GOD

7 is on point. and it's not even a bad rating.

Kendrick crashing hard, all depressed and shit like a high schooler

o shit this just came out youtube.com/watch?v=NLZRYQMLDW4
it's still a 7 tho

this fool don't know bout deoxyribonucleicacid smfh

I liked it. Worth listening to if you like Kenndrick Lamar. Ignore all the number rating, because all that shit is arbitrary and subjective.

DNA is such a fucking banger though

Shit video for one of the best songs on the album.

PRIDE, FEAR, YAH = Only good songs

I guess they used up the budget on Humble, even the lipsyncing sucks

Bunch of melon head slaves

(i'd give it a 7.5)

I don't even see Fantano's ratings until they're spammed here

when will kendrick start acting?
do you think he'll be in the next furious movie?

I like it better than TPAB, mostly because I find it more listenable. I can deal with more complex and artistic works in other genres, but I just didn't have the stamina to sit through all of TPAB. I would get to u just fine, but the whine-rap in that track made me shut it off.

This album bangs, and I love the production. Haven't listened to all of GKMC or any of Section.80 though.

Your opinion is invalid.

4/10

we can only hope there isn't one

>No God
Foh

Not an argument.

>BLOOD: 5/5
>DNA: 5/5
>YAH:3/5
>ELEMENT:4/5
>FEEL: 4/5
>LOYALTY: 3/5
>PRIDE: 5/5
>HUMBLE: 4/5
>LUST: 5/5
>LOVE: 3/5
>XXX: 5/5
>FEAR: 5/5
>GOD: 2/5
>DUCKWORTH: 4/5

individually the tracks are solid, a few fillers here and there. as a whole though, and how the tracks are sequenced and the conceptual whole that it forms, easily 8/10

melon was a bit harsh with 7 but different strokes

congrats Sup Forums and the p4k/melon hipstersphere, you created another ego rapper gone completely out of control
West-Lamar 2020

youtube.com/watch?v=NLZRYQMLDW4

>ego rapper
where are you getting this from

its his best yet, but still only a 7.5 if you ask me...

I pulled it out of my ass but my reasoning is that the unanimous praise he's received caused Kendrick to fall for his own hype and inappropriately take on the role of a "voice of a generation"
I see a lot of parallels with Kanye West post MBDTF, with the end result being that the individual becomes much bigger than the music
for the record I don't think his music sounds good and it's not as deep as people make it out to be

I don't know if you've heard it but he rejected the idea of being the "voice of the generation" on this album itself. Everyone expects him to be some saint that speaks as politician but that's who he is and who he wants to be. He feels like nobody really cares about that though and just want him to make another TPaB.

It's a central theme to this album actually.

>but that's who he is
meant to say: that isn't who he is nor is it who he wants to be.

I might not have listened to the lyrics closely enough to catch onto that self-awareness but apparently self-contradiction and duality is a big theme with him too
I guess I relate to him more than I'd like to admit in that case

>self contradiction
yeah a glaring moment in the album where he does this is on XXX where his friend calls him about his family member being killed and asks Kendrick to point him in some sort of spiritual direction because he knows Kendrick is "anointed". Kendrick then proceeds to go on an aggressive rant-like verse where he talks about how if someone killed a family member of his he'd go and kill them to get revenge. the verse ends with Kendrick saying he has to do a press conference with a beat switch and him saying "okay kids now let's talk about gun control."

the guy has these real human emotions but everyone wants him to be perfect and stand for their political/religious viewpoint.

>just want him to make another TPAB
Who wanted that? Shit was trash.

>GOD: 2/5
>*tips fedora*

XD

I did

this