Waited Pitchfork to give DAMN. the 9.2 meme score

>waited Pitchfork to give DAMN. the 9.2 meme score
>then BTFO'd them with the Decent 7

Based Fantano made p4k look like shit taste plebs.
Had he released his review earlier, p4k would've droned him (as usual) and given the record a 8.5 or some shit.

Fuck off with your fantano dick-riding already

fuck off underage poofter cunt

this

holy shit op kill yourself

Don't listen to these faggots I fell for the "hurr fuck Fantano" Sup Forums meme and now I can barely relate to all of the cool music aware kids at school because they enjoy his reviews and I've tricked myself into not being able to

it makes up for giving fjm a fucking 9

jesus christ for a vegan hes fucking fat

The album was a strong 8 for me but a 7 is completely reasonable.

I'm a little salty because he thinks this is worse than .80, but otherwise good review

He's the totalbiscuit of music reviews. I thought we stopped taking this cunt seriously when he gave MBDTF a 6.

Yeah there's no way this is worse than S80. Even the weaker songs on DAMn are waaaaaaaay better than shit like Tammy's Song and No Make-up

>He's the totalbiscuit of music reviews

that would imply that he's actually intelligent and offers real insight into what he's reviewing

christ it's sad when a video game critic is a better critic than the most popular youtube music critic

*tipping intensifies*

not an argument

>when plebs agree with each other so it seems like their opinion isn't shitty

He gave Travis Scott - Rodeo a better rating than Damn.

really?

well Rodeo is better on every level

>Favorite track: Humble
>Least Favorite Track: Not God
opinion discarded

while OP is hopping on TND's dick pretty hard here it's absolutely true that anthony is clowning pitchfork by releasing this review the same day theirs drops.

at least GOD is more unique than LOVE

No..its not...

Anybody got the screencap of the guy who predicted Pitchfork would give it a 9.2?

this is the same person who gave mbdtf a 6 dumbasses. he just dickrides swans death grips and pretentious avant-garde shit. his opinion is next to worthless.

desu MBDTF has just enough cringe in it to make a 6 seem about right

>t. the professional dick riders of pk4

I respect him for not falling to the hype and automatically giving it a perfect score because muh king kendrick can do no wrong

I have to say I agree with roughly 90% of his reviews and I know more than anyone else here. The man is based.

this. rodeo is so much better in terms of production, mixing, mastering, and it doesn't try way too hard to be experimental

Anyone who takes either Pitchfork or Anthony Fantas ratings seriously deserve to be hung

that's because unlike professional publications like p4k, rolling stones and shit there's no pressure for him to pander to the general public because giving the low score on a certain artist can stop people from buying and consuming your shit

Does anybody else think that he gave it a lower rating because of all the memes about him giving it a ten? He even made a joke about the yellow flannel.

They're both not unique but GOD sounds like typical trap flex garbage that should never ever ever ever be on a Kendrick Lamar album. Highly disappointed

Pitchfork reviews much better music than Fantano, t bh.

Are you in some implying that DAMN. was experimental? Did you listen to YAH. LOVE. LOYALTY. and GOD.?

dubs of truth

I think you have to consider that section 80 hasn't aged well. At the time I believe section 80 was an 8. It isn't really fair to compare modern production to an outdated album and say the current sound is better. Although I do agree this album is stronger than a 7.

this, the stuff that P4K reviews in the 7.0-8.1 (no BNM range) are often really good (besides all the hip-hop of course).

that's definitely what happened

There's nothing wrong with taking a review seriously, it's the people who take them as Gospel who are cancer

Or you know, maybe, just maybe he didn't love the album that much? Why is this so hard to comprehend?

I don't give a flying fuck about either fantano or p4k you fag

Yeah it's weird, in some ways Pitchfork has reached their nadir (the think pieces, pop-culture obsessed) yet they have recently improved in many ways (more focus on experimental and jazz music, reviewing more mixes / dance singles).

Obviously they aren't completely comparable because P4K have a whole writing staff, but Fantano is totally uninspired in what he chooses to review. Stereogum-tier honestly.

funniest shit about him not jumping on the overrate-train of this turd is how it made the RYM commenters totally sperg out against each other.

p4k shill

Just a theory bud.

personally, the sites I follow for music are Fantano (but mainly for the memes and hype and shitposting), P4K (because like we're saying they do actually review some great stuff if you ignore all the poptimism and SJW shit), NPR (they have a lot of interesting stuff I rarely see discussed here), Resident Advisor (the stuff they give 4+/5 is usually pretty good) and TinyMixtapes (they review a lot of super obscure, weird shit and their reviews are pretty entertaining, they're like if you took the irony of Fantano's second channel and tripled it and made it even more pretentious basically, but also self-aware).

if you guys know any good (or better) music review sites, feel free to share them.

Probably because Fantano makes 10 times more money reviewing hip hop or other big names than what he would get from reviewing underground artists. Not that this is a legitimate excuse for him, but it's easy to understand why he reviews what he does.

Pitchfork is always 100% accurate. And I never read the articles, just the score.

That's okay. Sorry if I came across as rude. You have a nice night, I love you.