Celsius is a better temperature system for science, particularly chemisty and basic physics...

Celsius is a better temperature system for science, particularly chemisty and basic physics, but Fahrenheit is the superior system for everyday use such weather or taking temperature for a fever.

Celsius is calibrated so that 0 degrees is the freezing temperature for water and 100 degrees is boiling temperature for water. Fahrenheit is calibrated so that 0 degrees is really fucking cold, like the coldest part of Winter, and that 100 degrees is really hot, like the dog days of August. Therefore Fahrenheit>Celsius for weather and Celsius>Fahrenheit for science.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit#History
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We use -50C to 50C as the standard scale in everyday use retard.

Have you ever heard of this thing called Kelvin? Because everyone in "science" uses that.

Why would Fahrenheit be better for every day temperature? When someone tells me it is -30 outside, I am aware it's fucking cold, just like if they told me it was +10 outside, I am aware it is a little cool.

>it's another burger says something retarded episode

Kelvin is pretty extreme though since 0 is absolute zero and 100 Kelvin is -279 F, which is as cold as outer space. You're not going to use Kelvin for chemistry.

It's not. It's just customary inertia from cultural background. Both C/F are arbitrary. This whole thread is pointless.

>You're not going to use Kelvin for chemistry.
Yes you do.
Also outer space is only about three Kelvin.

Nah

Both K and C are used in "science".
Example: electronics parts datasheets.

Yet, in terms of what temperature actually is.. the nature of temperature.. it makes the most sense. 0 is when all atomic movement comes to a halt and what ever movement there is.. is measured in the positive region. It's the ultimate gentleman choice.

It's simple:

>0 degrees F
Really cold out
>20 degrees F
Cold out

>100 degrees F
Really hot out
>80 degrees F
Hot out

Just this one? Point me to a thread that is not.

Yeah I know, I happen to go over those datasheets on a daily basis, but I realize the reason for them to be in C/F. It's because us Euros and you Usanians are lazy and like things we're accustomed to.

>Celsius is a better temperature system for science, particularly chemisty and basic physics, but Fahrenheit is the superior system for everyday use such weather or taking temperature for a fever.

Baiting too hard t b h

>go over those datasheets on a daily basis
What a coincidence, so do I.

>to be in C/F.
Not C/F. I said C/K. And the reason for that is it is usually a delta, such as the thermal resistance that could be either C/W or K/W which is the same because 1C = 1K.

My bad. Misread.

Thermal resistance is one thing. Another thing is operating range. When I see something like -40C .. +125C in a datasheet (this is consumer not military nor avionics grade) I immediately know that since the temperature here doesn't drop much below -30C and dip over +30C I'm in my 'baby is safe' zone so I feel comfy. If instead I would see something in Kelvins I would need to put that extra microsecond of thought into whether or not I'm selecting the right part. It's really mundane and up to what environment I grew up in.

Explain how I am wrong.

It doesn't really work that way because of the different climate zones in the world. What you meant to say is: Fahrenheit is the superior system for everyday use IN AMERICA (although even that is wrong, see Hawaii and Alaska).
If you lived in a country like Malaysia, the temperature would always be pretty much the same, so it doesn't matter what system you use. And in countries like Canada or Russia, the temperature goes well below 0°F.
I can't really give a reason as to why Celsius is superior or inferior for every day use. I use it because it's what i was brought up with. If you say oh it's 35°C outside, then i know it's pretty fucking hot, but i wouldn't know what 95°F is

Fahrenheit seems more practical for everyday use to you because you're used to it.

For me it's strange, no matter how many times I look at conversion tables.

Kelvin is used in any serious science anyway. Though the Fahrenheit is stupid in any case.

You Americans are so fucking retarded. Kelvin is the temperature unit used in science. Celsius is just Kelvin units in a more everyday friendly system. Farenheit is absolutely idiotic

It's simplier:

>0 degrees C
cold

>100 degrees C
you're dead

>our Earth is 70% water
>our Earth is 40% people

Celsius is more important

>100 degrees C
>you're dead
yes.. about that. i regularly go to a little room that is over 100C and i beat myself with birch branches. i am still not dead.

>Fahrenheit is calibrated so that 0 degrees is really cold and 100 degrees is really hot

op LITERALLY 100°F correct, euro brainlets BTFO

Everyone but the US already uses Celsius, and Farenheit is an arbitrary system of measurement that makes no sense. It's literally based off of the freezing point of a random brine solution.

>0°F LITERALLY means NOTHING, is just the coldest temperature Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit found in his hometown
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit#History

Yes that is true. And I can confirm that it is only the deltas that are given in both C and K. The range is always given in C in all datasheets I work with. I don't think F is ever used.

The entire metric system is based around the properties of water. So it would be odd to just throw Fahrenheit in.