ITT: The Underrated Members of Bands

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pC3KCIN06fg
youtube.com/watch?v=EK1K6cP2Gd0
youtube.com/watch?v=SD5engyVXe0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

he's a cutie to be honest

??? who said he was underrated. Ed is the underrated one

You meant to post Phil, right? Everyone knows Jonny is the GOAT member and he earns it.

Always happy on stage

The bassist from Soundgarden, can't remember if it's Jeff or Stone..

>Only member of the band anyone can name that isn't the lead singer
>Underrated

Since OP is retarded I'll put a more obvious one

This thread is gonna need names because I'm not gonna know guitar #2 from Generic indie band just by his face

That's like posting Johnny Marr.

more like

Radiohead is holding him back t bh

the obvious one

Read the file names and use image search lazy fag

No Rush member is underrated

Best member of Blur desu

This glorious man

Lifeson is a bit underrated. He gets overshadowed by that rhythm section

there is no better answer

he's one of two relevant people in that band how is he underrated

Because Thom is rated higher

Agreed, between jonny's super original style and virtuosity, thom not being to far behind and being the lead dude, the drummer who often gets lauded by other drummers and a literal ayylmao (british I guess) on bass I often forget about the guy doing all the backing shit.

My friend pitched him to me as this guy who literally joined the band to get laid and party and he's just there for the fun of it where's the others were all pretentious artìsts. I know that drummer's a fucking knob. "Oh it was cocaine psychosis", fucking cockhead psychosis.

The GOAT punk drummer.

Like Clockwork had the best basslines QOTSA ever put on record, and Homme is a cokehead going downhill fast

>second most well known member of one of the top five most popular music groups of all time
>accomplished solo musician and soundtracker to one of the most critically acclaimed movies of all time
>underrated
hmmmmm

Homme doesn't do drugs any more. Midlife crisis from doing drugs. And at this point I think most of the band just do what he tells them to

youtube.com/watch?v=pC3KCIN06fg

he is absolutely a cokehead lol, to the tee

QOTSA is Homme and friends

Between Roger's life changing lyrics and Gilmour's legendary guitar tone, Rick's masterful piano work goes underappreciated.

Take the Animals for instance, all you hear about is the god tier bass and guitar playing or the lyrics, despite that album containing some of Rick's best work imo.

*the Animals album

>Wrote some of the band's best music
>Multi-instrumentalist
>Collaborated with Donavan, Paul McCartney, Sonic Youth, Brian Eno, John McLaughlin, and Robert Fripp
>Arranged strings for Rolling Stones song
>Wrote one of the band's most iconic guitar riffs
>Writes opera

How can John Paul Jones be so based?

i agree with this very much

animals is such a boring safe album. it gets worse the more i listen to

What? Literally their best album. Explain please.

All of his work was so well done from SUmmer '68, to Great Gig, to Echoes, yet it all goes so unoticed in comparison to the rest of Floyd. I wonder why that is.

Perhaps iit's due to how much more accessible vocals and guitar is compared to piano, and the vocals and guitar were absolutely amazing just like his piano work.

yeah i know what you mean. great gig has some of the most beautiful piano i've ever heard

jeremiah green

Ikey contributed so much to The Mars Volta, kinda lame that he's remembered as "Jack White's keyboardist"

This right here. Also ever notice he had that same distinctive smile till the very end?

Too bad he fucking died.

But he's shit.

Is Britt Walford underrated? Because he is the main reason why Spiderland sounds good

'no'

To be honest I just wish more people would know Genesis at all beyond their 80's and 90's stuff.

Tony Banks is one of the greatest keyboard players to have ever lived.

youtube.com/watch?v=EK1K6cP2Gd0

Not to mention when people hear Phil Collins they think of In The Air Tonight instead of his ridiculous drumming from the 70's.

I think David Pajo is the most underrated.

and FUCK BABAK.

Tina is the most famous member other than Byrne. She's the cute girl of the band who started Tom Tom Club (no one cares about the drummer who co-founded it, he doesn't have cute hair)

because Thom writes 90% of the music? I don't mean to undermine him or Ed/Colin/Phil's contributions but by Jonny's own admittance they're basically glorified arrangers.

>songs Jonny has written:
The Tourist
Kid A
>written w/Thom:
Arpeggi
Subterranean Homesick Alien
The Present Tense

>songs Ed has written
Meeting in the Aisle
Lull
>written w/Thom
Big Boots

>songs Thom has written
everything else

Jonny is easily the best intrumentalist in the band though

He's a completely uninspiring, unoriginal drummer. Even their early shit is barely skilled drumming.

My nigga. To be fair, both Mike and D deserve the widespread acclaim, but George deserves it too.

youtube.com/watch?v=SD5engyVXe0

This.

Jonny gets so much praise, Ed however doesn't, but he's incredibly important on a lot of songs, some people don't realize

Give OP a break, he just discovered Radiohead has members in it that aren't Thom.

Al Jardine is fucking awesome

cockhead psychosis lol how did the cunts in Blur even get famous? Their music is literally a joke that makes me cringe. They make Oasis look like the groundbreaking cultural phenomenon that they weren't. That's saying something.

F O R M U L A

Peter Hook of JD doesn't get enough credit, he is the core of their discography.

He is the lead guitarist and electronic fiddler, he is not underrated at all.

Ed is underrated.

Agreed

This so much. Banks, along with fellow members Rutherford, Collins, Hackett, and Gabriel made some of the best (prog) music of the time.

Will Ferrell?

After he left CTE lost alot of the energy that drew me to them in the first place. We'll see how the next album goes.

truest words ever spoken

black sabbath's rhythm section
everyone knows ozzy, dio and iommi, noone knows Geezer and Bill Ward

"Wearing the Inside Out" is my favorite track from Division Bell, but the only one anybody seems to remember is "High Hopes."

It's only because, outside of Rush fans, nobody knows his name.

sworn in?

ITT: People misunderstanding 'underrated' and posting beloved fan favourite band members. Real answer:

battery in my leg and no distance left to run

Stephen Morris

That's wrong.

Within Jimi's and and Mitch's beautiful chaos, Noel Redding really held it down.

His voice gives Serj a fun for his money.

Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins and Zwan

Where would The Prodigy be without the guy who does literally nothing but dance and provide a few u wot m8 bantz on a couple of tracks?

literally the worst band of all time

YES

YES HE WAS

But also

Rock me, Joe.

He wrote some good songs

Moe Tucker

She'sa really unique drummer, post VU stuff is incredibly underrated

Yeah they are good but it pisses me off how every member of sonic youth thinks they're a fucking genius.
Not referring to nardwuar video btw