U ever made a game?

U ever made a game?

Other urls found in this thread:

orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, shitty games on Game Maker

yes and rn testing the Intersect thing

fuck yeah python

Yea I just recently made my first game for a term project. Hard but rewarding.

Can I see your code on one of the games? I'm learning python

Attempting to make a Wizardry/Might&Magic style game.

it's really only hard to get a framework imo(the mechanics you want)
the rest is easy things that you can do in short bursts, like making a new enemy or something

Programmed, yes. Published, no.

This looks sweet man! How long did that take? I really like the stats

Yo what do you run, windows? Try to get pygame

Yup, Dega Madness on the android. Pic related. Working on my second one right now for the PC.

I'm a javascript fag. Pretty shit but I'm learning. I'm working on a game like this-
orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/
I just started programming about a month ago though, tbh i'm using html for all the graphical aspects.

Looks cool. I'd probably play that shit.

took a while for me to get things to work right. I need make a lot of custom graphics and I aint very artistic.

Looks pretty cool dude

Meh. why is it most game devs are shit when it comes to art? this one's not bad, but definitely not the best

>why are people not experts at everything

ever see an artIst try to code xD

>I aint very artistic
shocker. did you get someone else to do it for you then?

I have RPG Maker MV

Well it was only my first game. This is the one I'm working on currently.

Yeah most of it is not my work. I did the caves.

>ever see an artIst try to code xD
yup. coding isn't really difficult

Yeah I made a game it's called "stick your dick in a toster" its where you shove spotted dick in the toster

What is this made in?

I am a concept artist and wrote the lore for a game, though I don't know shit about programming.
On the side, under an alias, I test the game's mechanics and post the particularly game-breaking shit to the community so they can abuse it before the devs fix it. I've learned having an entire community bitching instead of bitching myself gets results faster.

unity

Language?

Nice. it's pretty good actually

Looks a lot better!

I've just seen a lot of indie devs insist on doing everything themselves and end up churning out horseshit. what would have ended up as decent games with decent mechanics turn to shit because of the visuals

>I am a concept artist
Any advice when making game art? an artist myself but I can code. coded some games myself, but just simples ones as of now so the art was pretty simple. will eventually make legit ones, but I'm busy with other thing atm

Draw shit that you enjoy to draw, but don't go beyond the capabilities of your software or you'll just let yourself down when you see a lesser version of your art in a game.
Draw your art in various poses, from multiple angles, etc. so it's easier for the guys to put in the game. Most of the time, it's taking a simple geometric shape and sticking all the awesome shit and skin to the outside of it.

yes i made a binding of isaac clone for a coding project

I once made a grid of 10x10 rooms. Each one with a door to the next room of course. Some doors are open, other doors are closed. Each time you enter a new room, all open doors close while all closed doors open. Find your way out.

>Spoilers: there was never an exit

Made it Unreal a few years back on my old Vista. Don't have it anymore.

thanks, user