At what age is it unacceptable by the standards of society to still live in your parents house in your country?

At what age is it unacceptable by the standards of society to still live in your parents house in your country?

Personally I feel like a manchild for still living with my parents.

Combiens ans vous avez

idk, I have friends almost 30 living with their parents

Here it`s until you Graduate

I'd say 24, 25.

Do they have good jobs?

their parents? yeah them no

What do they do with their time then

Surely by 30 they'd have gained lots of experience and built an extensive skillset?

with the current state of the job market and housing market I think it's unfair to judge. People are living with their parents longer than they used to

No idea, I'm 21 with my parents. Moving out is just way too expensive in Melbourne.

>80% of Spaniards under thirty still live at home with parents

sit around. i'm 20 now and doing the same shit

I am a Gnome user btw

I don't think it's an issue, so long as your contributing to the household. Either, helping pay the bills, buying groceries, etc.

In my case, I have friends who live with their parents (29+ YO) and aren't contributing at all. Lazy/worthless fucks.

Kde or Gnome?

Sitting around for over a decade after graduating highschool?

Sounds kinda boring. In your case though, why do you even do it?

24-26

>Sitting around for over a decade after graduating highschool?
no, sitting around living with my parents
>Sounds kinda boring. In your case though, why do you even do it?
idk I feel like i'm stuck and can't break out of this lifestyle

Well what are your goals and what are you doing to achieve them?

Perhaps it's a lack of self-reflection and a poor self image.

I have no goals or dreams that probably the biggest problem

Looks like that's the place to start. Try figuring out exactly what you want from life, it's hard to get somewhere if you don't know where you're going.

People will be relatively understanding until you have your first real job. A lot of people move out and get an apartment with roommates or a tiny room in their early 20's though.

I live and study in Paris, rent is too crazy to move out. And I'm in a big cozy apartment in a good part of town, I have little incentive to move out. I try to be as little of a burden as I can for my parents, though I don't think they really mind.

I know but thats also a struggle since I can't find anything i'm passionate about

Life is a struggle, who said it wasn't suppose to be one?

>passionate
You won't until you start trying new things. Passion is something you develop after years and years of working in the same field. First, you need to learn and pay your dues and learning only happens when you try and put some effort

still most people have something they're into or care about I don't
everything will be fine i think

You haven't tried enough things. Re-think your approach. Are you risk-averse and scared of change and new experiences to some degree, perhaps?

What have you tried so far?

plenty of things when I was younger now I just sort of given up
I don't like change very much i'm more about comfort to some degree

>I've given up
>I don't like change

>"Guize I can't find a passion or any goals"
Do you see the cause & effect?

I know i'm retarded but changing my mindset and shit isn't easy I've had help before and that didn't help me either thats why I feel like i'm stuck

>It's not easy (like everything in life)
>Might as well just give up

Yeah okay, just keep making excuses. Maybe it'll come to you by 30-35. Just sleep on it for a couple years.

Did you get banned yesterday?

>Maybe it'll come to you by 30-35
if i'm still alive maybe or It will just never come to me

i used to be like you. I'm turning 20 this year but in high school there was a period where i didn't want to do anything except play video games and watch Netflix and YouTube. I didn't want to ever get a job because working is a fucking drag. I was much more comfortable just doing that, but at some point I realized that I didn't want to be constantly embarrassed when people ask what I do for fun or why my grades are slumping so I actually started putting an effort into school and stopped wasting my time. I'm studying civil engineering right now, but not because I was always passionate about it, but because it pays well and it's not crazy hard. As time goes on though, I feel like I've become more motivated and more passionate about civil engineering. what I'm trying to say is, motivation is a function of effort to an extent. the more effort you put into something successful, the more motivated you'll be. try to get a degree in something that will land you a good job and is at least somewhat interesting to you. i think you'll find that you'll like it more as time passes, unless it's just absolutely not for you and you're cynical.

With that attitude yeah it never will. Good luck though.

it's very different when you're 30 mate

>i used to be like you.
you are nothing like me I never cared about high school or my grades or anything (i had shit grades and barely graduated). I also never cared about what people thought of me or the shit I did. Not caring was probably one of my biggest problems and it still is
i'm only 20

I feel it's not as much an age as much as it is situation. If you are going to college/other form of education it is acceptable. If you intend to follow your family footsteps to work at a farm/other family business, and aren't married yet, it's ok as well. Also for some reason even if you aren't going to some form of secondary school/family business it's more acceptable (bot not always) if you are a female than a male.

I come from rural Wyoming and am enlisted right now. America is big and talking to people from other parts of the US the expectations are very different given both location and ethnicity.

I know

I'm taking care of my parents. I have a job. It's better this way because house is too expensive right now. 26 y/o btw.

Around the age of twenty. It's more understandable if you are studying and your parents happen to live near the school, especially if it's in capital city area. Rents are ridiculous and not everyone gets to live in campus area / student housings.

Most people except you to move out when you land a job.

So are u just gonna keep making excuses no matter what anyone suggests?

twenty-ish. Then you just have to gtfo or be a total loser.
The guys over at /mämmi/ live in cheap suicide apartments.

i'm a piece of shit lol what do you expect oh well

The amount of Americans living with their parents is rapidly increasing. The cost of housing is ridiculous in some places.

Stop saying that and maybe you'll stop believing it

Even if you are, you can unshittfy yourself with effort.

>mfw I know a really successful 26 year old who still lives with his parents
Baffles me every day.

All of my friends moved out at 18 or 19.

Few of them bought houses right out of highschool because they are so cheap here in smaller towns. I feel bad for big cityfags.

Life is shit

Reeeeeeeeeee normie!

In what way? Sweden is a toptier country besides le memays

Who cares you stupid leaf, back in soviet whole family lived and died in same house fuck off degenerate

Same.