Which one was least disappointing?

Were you there when tlop got leaked on /mu? Everybody was hypeed

>I hype up corporate music
your stupid

DAMN. because there was more than 2 good songs

DAMN.
Like 95% of the songs are great, and in heavy rotation, i can't remember the last time i listened to tlop, all i really remember is panda

neither were disappointing
why does this board suck fantano's dick so much

they're pretty much exactly the same in that regard. but i would say that kanye's a better musician than kendrick

TLOP most definitely was.
DAMN is half-disappointing. It's a pretty good pop rap record, but Kendrick could do more.

they both fucking suck. but at least TLOP was kinda weird. i legit think kanyes gone kinda crazy over the years after hearing his last 2 albums. thats not normal shit.

How is it pop-rap, seriously consider suicide

TLOP was great, Damn. was mediocre.

Tlop. At least its an interesting take on the genre of rap and its basically the ramblings of a madman

Probably TLOP. Just because I already knew Kendrick was a hack

>he thinks its pop rap

>has loyalty
>has yah
>thinks those aren't pop rap

kendrick and kanye are pop af wtf

Both were great. Sup Forums is so beholden to fantano its crazy. I like the guy, but its fucking annoying that opinion just changes whenever his reviews come out.

also love. all three of those songs were fucking fantastic. Kendrick does pop-rap better than all of the other pop-rap artists. It's just kendrick claiming more parts of the rap-game. He can do it all its beautiful.

Were you even on the board after DAMN. dropped? There were just as many people saying the album was bad after it dropped as there are now. No one's opinion changed based on the Melon's, the people who didn't like it just used his review to lord over the Kendrick dick riders.

idk. I thought TLOP was a 9 at first and settled on a 7 just because of how incredibly inconsistent and all over the place it is and not even in a good way.
I still think DAMN. is a 9 based on about 4 complete listens. Everything works really well together and the only song I don't really like that much is YAH

TLOP was an absolute pile pf shit, i cant even recall what most of it sounded like. best think kanye can do now is completely lose his shit and make full on industrial
kendrick was a let down bit still worth listening to at least

DAMN. is good, but like 8.7 good, not 9.5 like I was expecting. So TLOP.

Both albums are a mess.
But I was kind of expecting that with TLOP, with all the name/cover/track list changes leading up to its release, and the other shindigs that Kanye was caught up with at the time.
Kendrick (and his fans) hyped up DAMN like it was gonna be To Pimp A Butterfly 2, and there was reason to believe that. The Heart pt. 4, a great song by itself, boasted about how another CLASSIC was on the way, and he even gave a date to expect it. Everything seemed meticulously laid out and went according to plan, it seemed, and I did not think it would be as rough (intentionally or not) as it was.

So they were both disappointing, but I was expecting TLOP to be disappointing so...
I guess TLOP is less disappointing..........??

you aren't finished with DAMN.

TLOP is ahead of it's time. very futuristic album and in about 5 years we're going to start hearing more albums influenced by it.

DAMN will be forgotten as a whole.

>TLOP is ahead of it's time. very futuristic album and in about 5 years we're going to start hearing more albums influenced by it.

what makes you say this? i don't disagree just curious to get more of your thoughts

DAMN. is a waaay better album. It's actually fucking consistent, and TLOP has nothing on the same level as LUST or PRIDE. Also TLOP's lyrics are fucking garbage.
DAMN is like a 8.5 or 9
TLOP is like a 7

Neither were disappointing, but TLOP is clearly the better album of the two.

Nation

Not him, but i would say mostly due to the sheer craziness of the record and the vast variety of different and uncomplimentary sounds. Rappers are starting to begin and internalize being wild and psychotic, as visible in young acts like lil uzi vert, designer, travis scott, etc. In all their songs and music videos they're cadence and delivery is getting wilder and wilder/ That's allll over tlop from start to finish. There's no attempt to act cool, its just ballistic. Also there will be the development of weird "bangers" that start deviating from the trap formula (such as fresstyle 4) and enter more experimental areas. Of course this has already been done to death by acts like Lil Ugly Mane, but it will prob drift into the mainstream of rap.

Gospel could also get some legs in mainstream rap but that one I haven't really picked up on yet.

i believe its the 808s for the next gen. or maybe that will be his next album, no idea how that will sound. tlop is sort of bipolar and artsy and songs like freestyle 4 and feedback are yeezus done right (I liked yeezus tho)
sonically there's nothing like it and I would enjoy hip hop bring back house music into the mainstream.

saint pablo blows away any track on DAMN

When are you guys going to realize that half of the Sup Forums essentials list is pop, half the music you think is "experimental and weird" is pop. Calling something pop does not count as criticism for anything, because it's not BAD for something to be poppy at all