Verdict on new Slowdive album?

Verdict on new Slowdive album?

Other urls found in this thread:

www76.zippyshare.com/v/5aEPup4v/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

AOTY so far, and a shockingly good comeback record

I'm a fan, absolutely love Slomo and Don't Know Why

thats the way i feel too. So happy i get them see them in like 2 weeks. Can't believe they are coming to ft worth

fuck, this leaked? I need to stop being a wage slave. gonna give it a listen asap since I'm seeing them soon and am already hyped.

Just my luck, the archive search function isn't working.

Here you go, little buddy.

www76.zippyshare.com/v/5aEPup4v/file.html

Many thanks, user. Made my night.

Agreed. This may even be better then Souvlaki. I don't see another album topping this one this year.

Solid comeback album, very happy with it. Maybe shoegaze AOTY 2017, although Kairon;IRSE gives it some competition.

I'll never be able to unhear the clipping on Star Roving now that it's been pointed out to me, though.

I'm going to ignore whatever that second sentence just claimed...

What the fuck? Are you serious? Is the album better than Star Roving because I thought that song sucked.

Ignorance is bliss, user. Enjoy it. I mean that sincerely.

by clipping you just mean blown out sound sort of, right? I mean that was obvious on first listen but I still like the track. it's shoegaze after all so whatever.

The noisy sounding guitar clips a lot (try 34 seconds in). Some shoegaze bands like that kind of noisy effect, but it's out of place on a Slowdive record.

I thought it was more of a Ride song the first time I heard it.

I got Ride vibes at some moments on the new album as well. It's definitely not Pygmalion-era Slowdive.

Star Roving is by far the worst song, was quite worried they'd lost their touch but the other songs are more inspired
Slomo is so fucking beautiful I can't stop playing it

I like it a whole lot. On my third listen right now

What the fuck, people actually don't like Star Roving? I enjoy it pretty much, I tought it was great but well.

I liked it when it first came out just because I was so hyped that Slowdive were back, and even defended it against people complaining about the production, but on repeat listens I think it's really lacking creativity and doesn't stand up to any other song they've done
It's still pretty fun

Really digging Falling Ashes as a closer.