Who here knows about guns? I'm looking to get either a .40 or .45 handgun for concealed carry and for work...

Who here knows about guns? I'm looking to get either a .40 or .45 handgun for concealed carry and for work. I'm thinking a smith and wesson. I heard some companies use plastic or carbon fiber instead of all metal.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oj6-ekizmKA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That handgun you posted is part plastic. I have an S&W .45 and it's quite nice. difference between .40 and .45 would probably come down to just availability and load type. i obviously preferred the .45 for the sake of .45, but don't let that be the deciding factor if it's more for serious use than just enthusiasm.

do 5 minutes of research on your own and then come back.

>work
drug dealer?

I'm assuming you aren't trolling. Yes many manufacturers use poly frames on handguns. You would know the difference immediately while picking one up. The picture you have there is a poly.

i hope he is, otherwise op is too retarded and should not have a gun at all

I personally highly recommend Cz firearms. The finishing isn't the best, but everything fits tight and is as accurate as I am.

Ok. Well, I'm not looking for anything plastic just because I want a gun that I can take to the range a few times a month and not worry about damage to the plastic...Then again, I don't know shit about the manufacturing of guns. Some companies want me to have a .45 but there can''t be that much of a difference between the bullet size holes and putting someone down.

Armed security guard

You dont want a .40. Get a .45. I like my M&P. I carry a g42 .380 sometimes.

for concealed carry unless he as 600 dollars and he wants a 9 then yes but he dont want a 9

well it's obvious op is trolling. good work, 5/10 ya had me for a minute there

Is this due to the weight of the gun? I've only used a glock 9,40,45 and a beretta 9mm.

Thanks for not educating me about a weapon that can kill people from a distance.

WHO THE FUCK HIRED YOU?
Don't buy a gun, you are a fucking retard.

cheep works in .45 glock 38

ur fucking retarded he wants to protect himself you cuck

educate yourself 1st

WHY AREN'T YOU ON /K/ FAGGOT

Considering how california makes me go through gun handling and safety procedure to be an armed guard that I went through already. I don't know about the manufacturing of a weapon, I know how to properly handle and shoot one.

education is not a responsibility of anyone but you kiddo.

ITS CHEAP AND IF NEED A DUTY FIREARM BECAUSE YOU'RE WORKING SECURITY USE THIS IT WILL ALWAYS WORK

Holy shit, you do know /k/ exists, right? A literal board about guns and weapons?

Get one of these. .357 is a cheap round you can find anywhere, punches football sized holes in ballistic gel and has held up like a fucking champ with minimal routine maintenance. It's accurate, but the drop off is standard for heavy rounds from a short barrel. This is not a weapon for the bitch-wristed.

Plastic Fantastic pistols are good, pretty much every manufacturer is moving towards polymer frames. Pick what you think feels good, and unless you live in a state with a mag cap ban, go with a 9mil.

Which is why I'm asking the users of Sup Forums.

No.

/k/ seems like the kind of place filled with super right wing people , I don't particularly care for those.

>.357 is a cheap round you can find anywhere

The SD9VE in your pic is a decent gun for the money. But if your budget isn't a concern you might want to step it up to the M&P in .40

I prefer my ruger sr9. Cheap and accurate. 1 1/2 inch groupings at 50ft.

>M&P in .40
just dont drop it in the dirt or water though

>implying you can't walk into any walmart or gun store and they don't have .357
You must live in one of the faggot states.

I'm looking between $500-$600

it's not as common or cheap as the 3 better options. it's a niche caliber with no real advantage

Sig Sauer

professional polymer frames are built with some pretty advanced techniques. it's not anywhere near the same thing as a 3d printed gun. the polymer is usually molded with plastic injection. it is a different composition than metal though, but as far as abrasions go a metal gun will scruff up as easily as a polymer. you can however invest in a new paint job since the scratches on the metal can be buffed and resurfaced/refinished. the chamber and slide are pretty much always high grade steel.

So what brand should I go for? S&W, kimber, Glock, Beretta?

It's only 20 bucks for a box of 50. That's relatively inexpensive compared to the other shit I shoot.
Saying the rounds aren't common is like saying "I don't know how to find the nearest retail store or use the internet."

? Im left wing, but I like /k/. Its not all "look at muh guns that obama's gunna steal. People at /k/ actually care about weapons and their history.

here's what you need to know
new to shooting?
>glock
want comfort?
>sig
have money?
>fn
have money but wanna be kool
>1911
poor?
>rugger
wanna be different?
>CZ
are you a fud?
>revolver
all guns have compact versions
all companies make gunst that shoot .45
NOW TAKE THIS TO /k/ and quit taking up valuable space for tits!

i didnt say it wasnt common, it's just not as common. learn to read. you can get 9mm for $9/box, 40sw for $13

Nice dubs

>"not as common"
Literally every fucking gunstore and walmart stocks it. How much more common can you get you dumb nigger?

Because they're a male tinker toy.

Just like cars, bikes, watches, PCs; pretty much everything mechanical.

if you are going to carry it you need to shoot 1000 rounds through it it will break in the gun and you will get acquainted with it.

buy a 44 magnum you will look like a badass and then start acting like dirty harry.

there is a much larger selection of other calibers where as they only stock a couple kinds of 357.why? because it is not as common and they dont waste shelf space with stuff that will just collect dust

i can't. not qualified for a 44 magnum.

FUD

what does that stand for?

french umbrella doughnuts

he likes is bolt actions his wheel guns and his shot guns

>lusting after the projectile jew
good goy, keep shooting into the setting sun

Nigga, you can properly break a gun in with 300 to 500 rounds easily.

Aren't the anti-Jew conspiracists usually the pro-gun people?

if you want to be effective you need to shoot 1000 rounds at least to break in and get properly acquainted with the firearm not doing so can lead to poor accuracy and poor handling also after 1000 rounds if there is a malfunction you will know how to deal with it on the fly its about muscle memory and it can only be taught with repetition

I currently own two SIG P320's in .40 and a 9mm. I'd like to get replacing of the .40 for .357

DON'T FORGET KIDS
youtube.com/watch?v=oj6-ekizmKA

How do we know that this nigger can hot the side of a barn? Breaking a gun in is more than the mechanics of the gun.

you don't read much do you? i said break in and get acquainted with the firearm ie be able to be accurate and understand its operation btw how do you hot a barn?

>You dont want a .40.
explain ? its faster than the .45 and retains more energy down range. i carry a FN 40 compact with barnes xpd defense. 140 gr. averages about 1050 fps . easier to conceal and greater capacity. not knocking the 45 but in my opinion the 40 is more versatile . opinions are like assholes i guess

.40 is the world's worst cartridge its based off the 10mm which is far superior you can thank the FBI for being retarded and bring in the abomination thats .40

.40 S&W was made for a time when muzzle velocity and mass was all that mattered. With modern ballistics, you need three hits in the "kill zone" (6"x12" zone in the chest) for 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP. .40 has the worst recoil and .45 has the worst capacity (excluding a handful of exceptions). Buy a 9mm, get Lehigh or Underwood ammo.

>2017
>buying gimmick ammo to protect your life with

This guy is correct. .40 S&W was made for qualifications in the early 90s that simply are no longer relevant. Or that can't be filled by a less "poppy" round. 10mm if your bones can handle it, 9mm if you have coward bones like me

Britfag here, I went to a range in the US a while ago and shot a Glock (18 i think) are those poly? It felt a lot lighter than I thought a gun would be.

I dont recommend either caliber for concealed. 9mm or .380 guns are more sensible but only the right kinds. Snubnose revolvers are wonderful to conceal.

I wouldnt recommend the .40 cal for anything. It honestly just sucks. It has severe setback issues and its ballistics arent really any better than 9mm.

>doesnt recommend 40sw
>yet recommends .380

gimmick is sort of true. I still use hydra-shoks myself because my dad is a cop so I just use what he uses

all glocks are poly framed, steel/aluminum frames feel heavier and you generally feel less recoil

hydrashoks are shit. seriously. they are an old design that cant compare to modern JHPs. get some HST, gold dot, or ranger bonded ffs.

I agree with the 9mm recommendation but I think the .380 is more dependent on the load you are using

I was gonna say it kicked like a mother fucker, I'm obiously not used to shooting (apart from time crisis and that) so it was a pretty big surprise after shooting a .22.

I assumed they werent great but my old man gets them for cheap and I have to save as much money as possible while I build my AR. I'll do more research after my rig is complete.

they suck. they are better than fmj though, barely. you can get HSTs and such for $20/50 rounds. good luck on your AR, i remember saving every dollar i had to build my 1st one

going from any .22 to any glock would be a big jump. poly striker fired are definitely the trend right now, but there are a lot of great steel/aluminum framed handguns that are much lighter shooters. I'm partial to Sigs and CZs as far as metal frames go but I own two glocks.

it's my second one but my first build was ~$650 and it felt pretty cheap so I'm aiming a bit higher.

i know its history . it has plenty of power and its accurate. ammunition is fairly cheap and plentiful and capacity is on par with any 9mm and it has more power. 45's and 10mm are too heavy and bulky and 45 compacts are anemic magazine wise. mine for instance holds 14+1 rounds versus 8+1 in a kimber ultra carry in 45 . oh well you have your opinion i have mine

Just get a glock 19 or a Sig p320 like everyone else. Get some good hollow points and you wont have to worry about terminal ballistics. Pistols are anemic killing machines in general. If you suck at shooting then you need higher capacity found in 9mm.

THIS

M&P shield in 9mm
>it's comfy

yeah my 1st one was like $550, since then i have 3 more.

don't buy kimber until their qc gets better. S&W M&P line is fine but the build quality can leave something to be desired, go with a Glock and get a 9mm.

So wouldn't that mean the best opinion comes from there? You're not living there, moron.

this go-around I'll be spending $1k just on glass. Hurts the pocket book but it'll be worth it.

I havent got that fancy yet. my 7mm mag hunting rifle has a $1200 leupold though