Why 60-80's popular music is far best than our 10's music? When did it lost all its quality?

Why 60-80's popular music is far best than our 10's music? When did it lost all its quality?

>Back then:
youtube.com/watch?v=pN60DR5GQpg
youtube.com/watch?v=tH2w6Oxx0kQ
youtube.com/watch?v=s__rX_WL100
youtube.com/watch?v=P-WP6POdTgY
youtube.com/watch?v=t1TcDHrkQYg

>And now:
youtube.com/watch?v=72UO0v5ESUo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=01QA90IuOYY
youtube.com/watch?v=y6QBaZHltJw
youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw
youtube.com/watch?v=DNNH1PnP3B4
youtube.com/watch?v=MXM84ocdcE0
youtube.com/watch?v=KoVPQlFbN5g
youtube.com/watch?v=Qhx1JCRGjlg
youtube.com/watch?v=JywK_5bT8z0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maybe you were just born in the wrong generation.

I would guess somewhere between 90s-2000s

i know a lot of old people who genuinely think nirvana ruined music

Dubs

>Why 60-80's popular music is far best than our 10's music?
It wasn't.

That's probably true desu, at least as far as maistream rock goes. I doubt we'd have got Nu-Metal, for example, if Grunge hadn't broken through.

10's has some good tracks every now and then.
youtube.com/watch?v=01QA90IuOYY
youtube.com/watch?v=y6QBaZHltJw

>80s
did you forget all the hair metal and smooth jazz and shitty commercial new wave you fucking retard

>hair metal
What's wrong?
youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

You ignore all the trash that came out. Though I do myself prefer older pop music to the new stuff.

The bad music was filtered out by time, you're being spoofed the cream of the crop and expecting its all like that

Why did widdly widdly woo guitar heroics die off in pop music after about '92-'93? I remember an interview with Lukather a few years ago where he said that he doesn't get even a tenth of the session work he did in the late '70s - early '90s.

When you had guys like Lukather, Mike Landau, Tim Pierce and Dann Huff appearing on just about every major pop album released by a Western or Japanese artist up until then, you'd get a fuckton of great licks on even the most pussy shit. After that, all the work for the LA session guys just dried up.

youtube.com/watch?v=DNNH1PnP3B4

oh yeah cos comparing 20 years of music and 7 years of music is gonna be a good conservation OP

it's still alive and kicking in europe and japan. grunge never really caught on over there, so many hair/shred artists just went on and did extensive japanese tours throughout the 90's

op was born in LE WONG GENERATION

lol

I miss old experiments more than ever:

youtube.com/watch?v=MXM84ocdcE0

youtube.com/watch?v=KoVPQlFbN5g

thanks for the contribution

>LE WONG GENERATION
Wars for oil, Age of Consent laws, Obama... Yeah, it's not the best time to be alive...

GUYZ ROCK WAZ SO MUCH BETTER IN TEH 90s u jus dunt get it

*60s-90s

because nirvana is to alternative rock what black veil brides is to metal

well maybe thats a little bit of an exaggeration but you know what I mean

nu-metal was on its way with bands like pantera getting more popular and hip-hop breaking into the mainstream. post-grunge on the other hand...

Because it sounds wanky and predictable and corny

>well maybe thats a little bit of an exaggeration
yeah, that's a huge exaggeration

Fuck off fag

>Age of Consent laws
hol up, u a pedo or something?

Wait, you're not? Weird people here...

they had to create a good sound without the technology we have now, you actually had to be pretty talented to make money being a musician

>implying that popular artists didn't just shit out songs like people today

We lost it when good music was no longer rewarded and mediocre music started getting more and more commercial succes

i disagree, it's hard to master an instrument enough to make it sound good on old ass recording equipment, they had to be better technically more proficient to produce a good sound than bands today have to be. why are so many of the best musicians ever grouped within the same era? they had to be good as shit.

Because it's the only music to survive the era dingus

bullshit man, plenty of that shit is still around, unless you are young enough to not be hip to music recordings being a physical thing that had to be bought at a store, you probably don't know that obscure records are still alive and in rotation, just because its not a torrent or on itunes doesn't mean it didn't get recorded young one

It's the best time to be alive in human history user

Just because you can play an instrument doesn't mean you can play good music though. There was good and bad music then and it's the same now.

This, for example: Hall & Oates

I fucking love Hall & Oates but all their successful singles are pretty much the same song different words, which isn't much different to modern pop tunes

The 80's were cancer and there was shitty popular music before that too, you only know the stuff that stayed popular for decades after.

Wrong generation posting should come back.

I'd also add that the economics of the industry have changed drastically with the internet. The majors no longer have a monopoly on marketing and distribution, so they are playing it safe and most of the interesting music is not advertised through the traditional channels

lol

Because the people are worse. Each generation is a degradation.

Did you really not know this?

It's a good thing we got an equal amount of good metal

Most of the reason is that we're far enough removed that we fondly remember the best stuff, and have forgotten about the crap stuff. We're seeing it now with the 90s, a lot of rose tinted glasses going on. There was so much utter shit in the 90s, but I'm seeing 'sigh, I wish music now was as good as in the 90s...'.

Aside from the obvious shit though, it really was better than now.

Do you mean music from 2010-present, or music from the 1910's?

There's also kind of the opposite, where back in the day, the only way to release a proper album was to get a deal and work in a proper studio with real producers and engineers etc. This resulted in high quality finished products, regardless of if the music was actually any good.

Nowadays, any fuck can make an album on their laptop, and most people don't know or care enough about music to realise they're listening to shit. This allows lower effort releases to still become wildly popular when it goes viral or whatever. And because it's so easy to produce music on this level (or people assume that this is so), a shitload of dumb kids who know nothing about music are clogging the internet with music and barely any of it has any value.

I'm sure the average teenager nowadays is listening to their music by their fucking phone speaker or shitty Beats headphones or whatever. They don't remember ever having listened to an actual hi-fi system.

Whereas back in the day, buying sweet audio gear was one of the only ways you could blow money on cool technology. Now, kids just have iPhones, and they stream low bitrate music to plastic bluetooth speakers.

I was going to give a serious response which delved into topics like innovation but then I saw you used fucking Madonna and Kansas as examples of music back then and all I can say now is go fuck youself.

The amount of shit in the 90s pales to the amount of shit in the 80s.

>Bowie going to shit
>all the great prog rock bands going bland new wave
>that archetypal soulless 80s production with reverb on the electronic drums
>hair metal
>cock rock
>everything is neon, pink, and purple
>fucking spandex were seen as being fashionable
Remind me why people think the 80's were of any worth again?

Yes the internet opens the floodgates for talentless hacks but also for great artists that wouldnt be heard otherwise. Also the quality of music wasnt always great rrtrospectively, just recording quality and proficiency of session musicians. They could sound pristine but still just be pop ditties or whatever.

Nine Inch Nails.

/thead

yeah, but at least some alternative songs/albums were able to chart.

But the 80s was when metal was getting really good, are you autistic?

mehh 1989 in a way doesn't count.

Is it really better though?

I'm not one of those "wrong generation" folks but it seems undeniable that melody isn't as prominent now as it was back then. And melody IMO is one of the most enjoyable aspects of music. Modern pop is moreso about a hard hitting or danceable beat.

>Age of consent laws

>mfw "WERE YOU BORN IN LE WRONG GENERATION OP XD"

The quality of 80s pop music was significantly higher than the aughts and 10s. Kate Bush, Depeche Mode, The Cure, Tears for Fears, Blondie, Talking Heads, New Order topped the charts and were always on the radio. You have to be fucking retarded to think anything that gets airplay today is as good as those artists I mentioned.

>Kate Bush, Depeche Mode, The Cure, Tears for Fears, Blondie, Talking Heads, New Order
all shit

Your forgetting the fact that music from 60's-80's is dated trash now.

For the same reason classical music was best in the late XVIII-early XIX.

All processes in life go invariably through the stages of born, grow, peak, decay and death. The Interwebz hit hard the music industry, but even if it didn't, rock-pop music had already peaked by the mid 90s and it was entering the decay stage.

New shit, sounds and rythms will develop, but that'll be it. Just like there still are classical music composers these days, there'll still be a variety of general sharters and fags trying to compose sounds along the lines of rock-pop music. Into the trash they go ofc.

Good thing of the Interwebz is that it allow inmediate access to the glory of Mozart, Beethoven, Queen, Clash, Beach Boys, etc.

So don't mourn for 'modern music' and enjoy that the golden era is dead but will live forever in digital format, like Mozart.

Because the British isles saved the decade

>The Smiths
>The Cure
>New Order
>Jesus and Mary Chain
>My bloody Valentine
>The Stone Roses
>Echo and the Bunneymen
>Sisters of Mercy
>Cocteau Twins

>Get into the groove by Madonna not posted
>123 by Gloria Estefan not posted
wtf?

>forgetting Eurythmics

Bump

>It's the best time to be alive in human history user
how so? we're literally at the edge of third world war pham

no we're not

So in the 50's when Elvis got popular?

Pop music is trash, glad it's finally dying out along with mass society.

cringe

Top kek, my good sir!

No one in the industry actually knows anything about musical theory or how the fuck to play an instrument. It' just a bunch of douchebag producers fucking around on computers.

the charts were filled with shit and and more crooked than a three legged horse

people only look back fondly on things like New Order or Talking Heads not Haircut 100 or King

although personally I have a huge fetish for Synthpop 12"s

youtube.com/watch?v=Qhx1JCRGjlg

Yeah dude, Sugar Sugar by the Archies, that was when music was good. Alvin and the Chipmunks too

If you ignore all of the good stuff of today and ignore all of the bad stuff of the past, then yes, that's a reasonable conclusion

number one single in 1969
youtube.com/watch?v=JywK_5bT8z0