Ok Sup Forums, I need some honest advise (>inb4 there is no honest advice on Sup Forums)

Ok Sup Forums, I need some honest advise (>inb4 there is no honest advice on Sup Forums)

I met this chick online through a dating website. We went out 2 times and I had a good time, and I thought she did as well. I texted her a couple of days after the last time we went out and she didn't respond. This pisses me off. Am I wrong to be upset that she would completely blow me off like that? I can understand if she's not interested anymore, but I feel like she should at least tell me that out of common courtesy. Am I wrong to feel this way? Is this just the world we live in - where there is no decency or respect anymore?

I am in my thirties by the way, as is the woman in question - which I feel makes the immaturity worse. What do you think Sup Forums? Am I too sensitive? Or are my feelings justified?

>inb4 beta male comments

honestly? No, you are not being too sensitive. But ask if anyone, male or female, is going to do that? No. They are not. They just stop responding. You roll with it. Or decide it isnt worth it anymore. Its how it is.

I'm mid 30s too and met a few girls online and met up. They basically told me that they get hundreds of responses from guys, so most likely she started talking to another guy that she thought had a better pic than yours and just said fuck it and stopped responding to you.

You're probably right, and I could understand that if we had only message through the site. It's the fact that we met up up in person - twice - that upsets me. I know we didn't know each other all that well, but shit, I feel like after we met up she could at least say "hey, it was nice meeting you, but I don't think I'm interested at this time, good luck to you". Also, I find this to be a recurring event: we meet up, then just get blown off. And I've been in the opposite position, where I'm not interested, and I say it just as I said above. It's troubling to me that people just blow one another off and walk away like that. I guess that's just the way I am - show a little courtesy and be honest.

You're selling in a buyer's market.
Deal with it.

>Its how it is

This is what is so troubling to me. That may be how it is, but it's not how it should be. Wouldn;t you rather be told "no thank you" rather than just ignored and blown off? I always say I'm not interest when I'm not interested, and I almost always get thanked for my honesty. It's crazy to me that people just walk away and act like they never knew you existed.

Yeah but a woman can pretty much meet any guy at any time they want, where guys have to be lucky to have a girl want to meet up, Odds are you're probably the 50th guy she went out with that she met online so just forgetting about someone she just met is probably pretty common for her.
I'd just forget about her and move on if you don't hear from her in the next few days.

That looks like Vera Farmiga about 40 years ago.

Meh, I'd still bang her today

>dating a whore

Fair enough. I suppose I should just grow thicker skin. In my mind, regardless of how many people you may meet, everyone is still a person with feelings and should be treated accordingly - I have a hard time buying into the idea that people are as disposable as tissues. I guess that's just a product of online dating. Thanks for your input.

So wait. Let me get this straight... you are in your thirties and you are asking Sup Forums for advice?

Nah, dude. It's totally normal. I get kinda frustrated like that too sometimes.

At the same time, though, I do that to some chicks as well. It's just easier that way.

Especially if you bang them, and don't want to talk to them anymore, I feel like they'd be even more insulted if I told them I wasn't interested anymore after that. I certainly would.

I banged some chick off bumble about a month ago after 2 dates, then she kept texting me for a few days, asking if everything was ok. I felt like a piece of shit. I probably am. But what am I supposed to say? Thanks for the fuck, but I'm good now? Nah.

Then last week, I slept with this knockout colombian chick, after the first date, and she stopped responding to my texts the next day. Granted, she was fucking nuts, and cried after sex, but I still would've enjoyed doing her a few more times. I didn't get hung up over it, it is what it is.

You'll get over it. Especially if you're using dating sites/apps. It's gonna happen alot. It's just easier for both people that way.

If it went really well, don't be surprised if she messages you in a couple weeks after she's done with the rest of her shitty dates.

I lol'd. Well played.

My take is that she has found someone else that she is more physically interested in and she wants to see how it pans out with him initially before she decides to whether to cut ties with you.

Yeah, I would too. I was just being cheeky.

Like I was saying, she probably has 100 guys at any given time telling her how beautiful she is, even if she's ugly as fuck, or offering to buy her shit, or even just telling her whatever it is they think she wants to hear just to get her to meet up.
The 2 girls I met with on a dating site both told me that thats exactly how guys are with them. Girls don't even look for guys on dating sites. They just sign up and within a day or 2 their inbox is flooded with horny bastards trying to hook up. All they do is look at the pictures and resspond to the hottest guy.

You're probably right. And, again, my fear is that this world is becoming terribly superficial. I feel like those of us on our thirties live in a world that seems strange - we knew the world before the internet and cell phone, yet our lives are dictated by them. Maybe it's just me, but that's a strange limbo to be stuck in. There was once a time when face-to-face interaction meant quite a bit more than it does now - a time when a person mattered a little more. Or maybe I'm just being nostalgic and antiquated...

The problem with online dating as opposed to meeting them in person is that there is no accountability. When you meet from friends and social groups the women are accountable to that social sphere.

When that does not exist- they go with whatever they think is the flavor of the month. It sucks and it hurts... Gotta just treat them like shit. They deserve it

So what does this mean for online dating? Is it bullshit? Should it even be attempted if you're looking for more than a random hookup?

You're completely right.

It means you need to shake some of the butterflies out of your stomach and meet people in person.

The sites are good for practice.

Fair point. I guess it's just hard to meet people in person past a certain age. Most woman around my age are married, have kids, or both. Sadly, socializing with other eligible singles gets hard past age 30.

>This is what is so troubling to me. That may be how it is, but it's not how it should be.

now you are just whining. Fuck off.

Nice!

Is it really whining if it's a valid assertion? I can accept something if it makes sense even if I don't agree with it, but throwing people away like yesterday's paper doesn't make any sense to me. I'd like to see some common courtesy restored to the world.

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm 36 and been single for a little more than a year now. Besides a couple of friends I've known since I was a kid, everyone else is married with kids. It's not as easy to get some friends together to go out and meet girls as it was maybe 10 years ago. Its not like I'm gonna go try and hook up with girls in a club or some shit like that, I'd just feel like a retard walking into a club now.

ya got ghosted. fuck her

I'd love to get some famanons' thoughts on this (not gonna happen, I know)

bump

Im gonna be honest. As a woman whos done online dating, I know from experience that if youre half decent looking you get flooded with about 40 messages a day. Sounds like shes keeping her options open. You should do the same.

i'm gonna be honest too...
if you're a woman who's half decent looking, and you post a pic, i will wack to it most likely

Don't expect common courtesy out of women. They're way too much used of getting attention. Bitches will be bitches and they'll always blame men for everything

ja!
welp, a promise is a promise i spose...