Should I Study Music in College?

Should I Study Music in College?
I'm a 19yo NEET, I don't know what I can do besides playing guitar, everything else is really boring

Don't bother, it's shit and will suck the life out of doing what you like. Choose something else.

pic a different/practical major worth spending money to learn. music is a skill you don't need school to master; you only need an internet connection.

This could be said about anything really

> Choose something else.

Like what?

Like cardiac surgery?

Something to make you money and keep you in the job market. Bonus points if you enjoy it.

>everything else is really boring

Well do you want to be poor and have fun or be bored and successful at life?

If you're ok with taking multiple theory, ear training, and in depth writing courses then do it.

Or you could actually get a good job and keep music as a hobby. The fact that you're even asking this question and not going out and trying to become a musician or whatever the fuck right now should be a pretty big sign it's not going to work out. You don't have it.

Sure, why not? You just need subjects to practice

studying music in college is worthless unless you want to be a music teacher. go to a conservatory to be a serious musician

Personally I'd just stick to music for pleasure exclusively. I'm majoring in English and Drama though so what the fuck do I know

What should I major in?

Computer science is so fucking boring. I've taken some programming classes and I fucking hate it and don't want to do this for the rest of my life. It's not that hard, I'd just rather do anything but programming at any given time.

Then don't do computer science. Do history or accounting or something brainlet.

History is far more interesting than programming.

I'd much rather be a history teacher than a code monkey. I don't give too much of a fuck about pay. My parents want me to be a code monkey or an engineer, I wanted to be a CS major in the beginning but this work is so unfulfilling and I don't give a shit about making websites or flash games and whatnot. At least I can code in fucking javascript and python fucking great like anyone gives a shit about that when Pajeet and 10 year olds can do that. I could've been learning Japanese in that time but I chose to take programming classes. I wanted to minor in Japanese and major in history and become a teacher but my parents think that sounds ridiculous.

damn i feel you dawg. find your path and believe in yourself

Then be a weeaboo history teacher. Nobody is stopping you. Tell your parents that it's your life.

CS isn't for everyone. I'll enjoy making six figures out of school while you make $30k a year and go to nipland and either die alone or marry a gook and ruin your genes. That's just how life goes.

I'll make my parents happy, help make them financially secure, have beautiful aryan children, and you'll be working a dead end job teaching little brats and give your parents a hapa abomination Elliot Roger clone. Have a nice life brother.

Lol you sound so insecure dude.
CS doesn't make you better than anyone.
Try being a physics or aerospace engineering major if you want to talk shit.

Thanks. My parents are ultimately supportive of whatever I choose to do but I can tell they'd rather have me go the "big money" route. Good luck to you too man.

wow, you're so redpilled! i'm impressed!!!

t. brainlets

You know I'm right.
That's your future. You're looking into the crystal ball.

Make mom proud or be a lazy shit and learn moonrunes and knock up a schoolgirl and become a teacher like in your pedo animes.

I just want to save you guys from the non-STEM path. If you're going to school, make it worthwhile. Don't pick a retarded major or follow your retarded dream.

Eh, if you think the extent of CS is flash games and websites you're probably a bit dull tbqh user.

This. A thousand times this.

You can teach yourself Japanese. Don't waste money on classes.

It obviously isn't but that's all we've been doing so far and if I don't even enjoy doing these things I probably won't enjoy the more advanced concepts. I really don't enjoy doing this and these are the easy parts of CS. They're not difficult, I just don't like doing it. I'll do a project and try to get it done as fast as possible, no passion for it whatsoever.

Programming is a couple years from being outsourced for cheap anyway. Indians are already the cheapest App makers.

Fair enough. I'd probably drop out too if I didn't enjoy it.

>be a lazy shit and learn moonrunes and knock up a schoolgirl and become a teacher like in your pedo animes.

Sounds good to me

All i can picture is your father yelling at you over Christmas Dinner when you were young.

I don't know you but i can already see your face.

I've been trying to self-teach but I can't keep a good schedule/structure. I get federal aid and scholarship to cover my tuition and need a language requirement for my degree anyway so I figure classes would be a good thing for me. In principle you're right.

I kind of figured that. Programming is definitely the next to go to outsourcing. Plus I bet the big wages that low level programmers/IT guys get are going to drop hard once boomers who can't do tech work retire. Plus the whole usually having to move to a very expensive place like the Bay Area/Seattle/etc and not getting to spend most of your income anyway.

>STEM meme
STEM is good, but it's not for everyone. Plus there are far more STEM degrees than there are STEM jobs

I dislike this whole "if you don't go to college for STEM your degree is worthless" attitude. It kind of takes away from part of the benefit higher education which is to learn to critically think and expand your mind. I get it college costs a lot and the whole cost-benefit analysis thing but you're basically telling people "yeah, fuck what you enjoy doing, if you don't do this you're a piece of shit and wasted your time and money"

this

you think that's a bad thing?
that's living the fucking dream for a lot of people here lmao

Cost is a huge thing though.

There's doing what you enjoy doing and having a practical plan.

Then there's people who major in stupid shit like ethnic studies or Moroccan dance therapy or medieval studies then complain why they can't pay their loans or get hired.

If you're on the trust fund or scholarship, go for it whatever. If you're not, be fucking practical. Sounds like you have a plan at least, but many of these majors ARE fucking useless and a waste of time/money. Learning is great, enriching your mind is great, but your passion might not translate to a good career and you should think about that.

sure if you want to be homeless

>tfw Accounting major/Judaic studies minor

I will infiltrate the chosen.
Wish me luck Sup Forums

Either way I would be homeless.

Either way you're going to be doing some work you don't enjoy, why get extra debt to be rewarded with more work you hate doing?

Maybe do a more practical side of music like sound engineering and something practical aswell?