-5 you fucking nigger

All autistic

>pemdas
Fucking Americans, everytime

math genius here. the answer is 849

youtube.com/watch?v=y9h1oqv21Vs

>answer is 849

That's right, 'fessor.

The fuck is wrong with pemdas? It's a fucking acronym to remember what order you do operations.
Kill this thread

Multiplication and division have the same priority, same for addition and subtraction, you do what comes first, that's why pemdas is retarded.

>Europeans don't know the basic order of operations
fucking hell no wonder they're dumb as bricks

at least they can sustain themselves tho, europoor here btw
its an issue of bad education, which seems intentional given the amount of religious nuts there

Yes, and that's what you're taught when you first learn it you fucking inbred

Are you all trolling or just retard?

That video is fucking retarded because thats not how you use pemdas. 8-2+1 will never equal 5 it will always equal 7. Pemdas is always taught the same way (PE)(MD)(AS) (the brackets mean they are equal so if you come across it then you just go left to right) always go left to right. That video you posted is exceedingly misleading.

OMG PEMDAS it's -5.

ok I'll bite why is it -3, please show your work.

Anyone who thinks its not -5 is retarded

Is the guy in the video retarded or does he just not know how to use PEMDAS? Because that isn't how it works.

1-2*3=x /:3
0.3-2=x:3 /+2
0.3=(x+2):5 /*5
0.9=x+2 /-2
-2.9=x
the answer is -2.99999

Retard

literal retard

Yes but only if you take it at a glance. The way I learned it was pe md as the three parts take priority from left to right and within those three parts you perform the equation as the corresponding operations are written. So if a exponent come before a parentheses, moving from left to right, then you do E before P and so on. If that's too hard to understand then you have plenty of company in this thread

When they're the same priority then you go left to right you fucking moron. That's how PEMDAS works, It's so fucking stupid that people always seem to forget this. It's like you fucks didn't even finish middle school.

You are both trolling and a retard

It hurts me that people like you unironically believe this. It's a fucking shame on all of mankind.

newfags

1-2*3=1-6=(-5)

>1-6 = -5

Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally

>excel.exe
>=1-2*3
>-5

1-2x3 as written is -3
as i was taught in school it's -5, executed as 2x3=6 then 1-6= -5

how you do this equation depends on where you went to school, what type of school, and what line of work you are in.

blame the americans for oversimplifying. no wonder their high school grads are little better than illiterate.

Anyone who disagrees can suck my dick
1-2x3=?
1-2 two is negative 1 taken away from an already negative 2 is -3
-3 x 3=9

>how you do this equation depends on where you went to school
>math is a matter of opinion
kys

You are retarded

1-2*3=?
1+i^2*2*3=?
3+i^2*6=?
i^2*6=-3
i*sqrt(6)=sqrt(-3)
i*sqrt(6)=i*sqrt(3)
6=3
?=-3
chessmake

no you're stupid as fuck. the answer is -5 and it doesn't matter where you went to school. you are just a retard

You retarded fuck the order of operations is world wide not just in America. The answer is always -5. And to the other retarded euro fucks in this thread saying PEMDAS doesn't work, yes it does, because multiplication and division having the same priority is one of the first things taught. Same with addition and subtractions priority.

There are two ways to interpret this.
(1-2)*3=(-1)*3=-3
1-(2*3)=1-(6)=-5
So the answer is either -3 or -5.

TRIFORCE

I realize the error of my ways
1-2x3=
Its not 1-2 its 1 on the same side as -2.
Combine like terms comes out to -1 and -1 times 3 is -3

The first one is wrong.

PEMDAS.

Basically, you always do Multiplication and Division before addition or subtraction.

The answer is -5.

1-(2x3)=1-6=-5

Why do elementary school teachers get on B and post stuff like this?

>There are two ways to interpret this.

You are dumber than shit. No, there are NOT! There is only exactly ONE way to solve this.