Okay lets just say i got a speeding ticket going 30 mph over the limit and im 18 and this is my first ticket...

Okay lets just say i got a speeding ticket going 30 mph over the limit and im 18 and this is my first ticket, what are my chances of getting the charge dropped or getting out of this mess?

anyone?

Zero. Be a man and take responsibility.

Pay the damn ticket before it becomes a warrent.

pay the fine to get out of the mess.

The fine isnt the issue. I dont really want my insurance price to explode with 8 points added to my license

Should have thought about that before you broke the law.

Well son, next time don't go that fast

30 over for an 18 year old here means a suspension of license.
You do not have the full 12 points available on your license.

If you are stupidly wealthy hire a lawyer, if you're not just go in on your hearing date, the DA will talk to you, and if you don't dress like a fucking scum bag they'll likely drop the charges to 10 over or 15 over if you plea guilty.

I was 18 and 19 when I lost my license.
I'm 24 now and I pay $40/mo per car for insurance.
At the time I paid $150/mo per car.

No chance unless your parents are high ranking members of the community or you can afford a top notch lawyer. Good luck Son. You now have a record that all future employers will see.

Its not like I did it purposely. I was coming off the exit ramp, had my foot on the brakes.

your intent doesnt matter

Insurance companies look on average 3 years into your MVR.
Longest I saw was one looking 5 years back.

Your MVR also only goes back 7 years. So no, all future employers won't see that, and only ones that require insurance on your for driving while on the job will get an MVR anyway, which you will supply.
Also tickets aren't exactly uncommon, it's not like he has a felony drug charge against him.

Welcome to the real world, assholejackoff.

>getting the charge dropped
bwahahahahhaa you've been watching too many tv shows faggot

no I havent you idiot. If you plead not guilty and the cop doesnt show up, the ticket gets dropped.

30 over coming off a freeway? Eh, very very unlikely to just get thrown out. You have the option of appealing it, going before the magistrate and making your case, if you do that you can usually get the fine reduced and the option of like taking a defensive driving course to not have points go on your license/dropped in a few years.

If it's a big city and the cops are lazy as shit you can outright fight it by taking it to court and hoping the cop who cited you doesn't show up (this worked a lot better in the 90s/early 2000s when the cops didn't like spending their off days being inconvenienced by you but they've started showing up to cases more these days because precincts are bitching about lost revenue/poor image.)

For a young person and first offense, I'd recommend making your case to the magistrate.

Source; I've gotten a lot of tickets and still have a license.

not true. youre clearly not old enough to drive

Cops show up almost religiously to court dates.
Their court dates are always on their first day off, so they go in for over time. They just work 6 day weeks to get a huge pay increase over their normal 5 day work week.
So every week the cop goes to the court house for every ticket he wrote. He isn't scheduling just for your one ticket. He goes there every single week.

Somewhere between Fuck All and 'Ah Ha Ha Ha Haaa'

It's not like that's always when the court date gets scheduled, though. I've jockeyed for a different court date a couple times when doing this and it's REALLY only bit me in the ass once. Though that was almost 15 years ago now.

You should probably stop posting now.

As for OP, if you are an 18 year old typical white male and walk into court to fight your ticket, don't be surprised if the judge even decides to increase the fine for wasting their time.

i suppose there's a 50/50 chance the cop won't show up if you plead not guilty.

if he doesn't, case is dismissed.

if he does, see if defensive driving is an option.

otherwise, pay the fine and slow down.