Confirmed most important Barca player?>

Confirmed most important Barca player?>

With 4-1
Without 1-3

Will they struggle to replace him? Almost certainly imo
Will an academy product come through and make the grade as 1st team CM? Last one who fully managed that was Busquets.
Will Rakitic become the main man in CM, or Andre Gomes, or will they just buy Veratti?

Has to be a a serious contender for GOAT. Nobody turns up like he does.

I thought Sergi Roberto was meant to be his successor but I keep seeing him at right back.

> With 4-0

They will go hard for Coutinho in the summer.

eh, fair enough

Today could have been worse though, Sterling should have got a penalty and Citeh had 3 or 4 good chances.

Barca lost it

City was a man down for most of that game and that's why they lost 4-0.

this, they were losing only 1-0 before it and had a few chances.

>that hairline
>tfw also receding

JUST

Rakitic is the workhorse now in the midfield, especially after Sergi Roberto's ascension to full back has free'd him up.

I can see academy players playing a big role but the worry is if Enrique can mold top class signings, if they go after Reus again or Coutinho. It's a real shame that Thiago isn't there since he was being groomed for it, he'd fit perfectly with Rakitic.

A bigger worry imo is who will teplace Busquets? They might have to abdandon the deep lying playmaker altogether.

>if they go after Reus again or Coutinho
stop Barca aren't a bunch of retarded Englishmen who buy whoever seems to be the hype of the week
What always made Barca a top team is their top tier youth development

Xavi is the most important. For Barcelona and for Spain

Sergi Roberto had a terrible time at fullback, they still haven't replaced Dani Alves. I knew that would be an issue
Happy for City, both deserve to advance not the other two

>veratti
>Good

They literally just lost one group game, i don't understand the weird reaction over here

>What always made Barca a top team is their top tier youth development
The got 1 lucky generation.La Masia is uttercrap nowadays and Barça are falling for the french negro meme

Isco was Iniesta's natural replacement but Barça got cucked out of him.

barca will die once he retires. Doesn't matter how much shekels they spend you can't replace iniesta

Isco isn't bad but he plays at the speed of a snail.

>but he plays at the speed of a snail
He has improved on that. But that play style also fits Barça. He is very similar to Iniesta and would have been a great replacement.

What about Alcantara

>he didn't realise Barca give up the match so Pep could make it out the groups stage since they already have the 1st place in the bag
That's literally the only way an """""English"""" ""club"" can defeat some good club

>implying messi wont just drop into midfield

how about that halenovic kid?

Never made it to Barca A, he's now in Germany

What about [spoiler]Pulisic?[/spoiler]

Messi would be an awful midfielder. He tries too many deep passes and doesnt defend at all.

Messi doesn't want to carry Barca anymore. He barely even dribbles with the ball. The moody cunt should just retire and get it over with.

>stop Barca aren't a bunch of retarded Englishmen who buy whoever seems to be the hype of the week

lol yes they are

Oh, because Iniesta is a huge defender

He first has to meme a few years in the pl while people claim he is a flop then move to barça become world class then knock out a pl favorite off the champions while Englishmen continue claiming the pl exposed Pulisic long ago and that he is only stat padding in la liga.

Iniesta is a key player without a doubt. As good as he is in offense his defensive work is grossly underrated and it showed last night by letting city crowd Busquets. Ofc the entire team played really badly with no intensity but City deserved it cuz they came out and took it.
Hope he recovers for the clasico.

Veratti is underrated af

I say they'll get him. Gomes isn't Barça-tier

>WC (and scored winning goal in final)
>2 ECs
>4 CLs
>8 league titles
>17 other trophies

has anyone had a stellar trophy haul as this? AND he deserved it all.

So, Piqué is the GOAT centreback

He's won almost the same amount of titles but he won league titles and CL with 2 different clubs

>2 game sample

He acutally played in majority of games Barcelona lost in last few years. Count Spain in too.

He's one of the greatest midfielders of all time, so obviously he is very important but you don't know for a fact the outcome of the game would be different.

The easiest way to spot a pleb is when he singles out a player that was absent in a game and then portrays the result happened exactly because he was absent.

He defends quite a bit. And used to pressure like a mad man. How many Barça/Spain ganes have you ever watched?

>So, Piqué is the GOAT centreback
>He's won almost the same amount of titles but he won league titles and CL with 2 different clubs
>This Argentinian ABI hating on the GOAT
Why? Is this autism?

Arguable, but I'm gonna say no.

You think Veratti isn't good enough?!?

Messi won't dictate games like Iniesta does. It's the hardest thing to do on a football pitch, you don't just learn it in your 30s.

I didn't say they'd have won with him - Barca struggled to dictate the game against an elite team and he was the only notable absentee in midfield. It's a good case study though, no?

Football (especially International) goes in cycles. Spain's ended when Xavi went.

/

Forgot about Thiago, I guess he's the best shout for now.

Will City gain confidence now that they know they can take on a top 3 club In the world, will they thrash the epl?

Who need some wine?