What does Sup Forums think of Iron Maiden?

What does Sup Forums think of Iron Maiden?

really good dad metal, but not as good as judas priest

>breaking the law, breaking the law

they're an amazing band as far as the oldschool heavy metal sound goes

great minimalist aesthetic

The Number of the Beast is a self-referential song. It's about a straightlaced Ned Flanders kind of guy who attends a metal concert and is shocked by what he saw (this is back when normies and Christian conservatives were waging war on metal).

Iron Maiden:

Meltdown [1980s]

Every song I've heard of them sounds the same

Can anyone even explain this faggot's rating systems? It makes no sense to me at all.

metal is probably my least favorite genre and thats my favorite metal album

The 1982-84 run was a classic, but like most NWOBM bands, they were obsoleted by thrash metal. Definitely should have quit by the early 90s.

they basically put metal lead guitar to an end, they perfected it to the point where there is no point of doing it anymore

"Distinctions Not Cost Effective indicates an artist whose few good albums wouldn't be worth digging through all their bad ones to find."

"Meltdown indicates an artist whose best albums wouldn't be worth your time."

"A dud rating indicates an album that I found to be tedious, boring, disappointing, or outright offensive."

"Choice Cuts indicates one stand-out cut on an album that otherwise isn't worth buying. The song may be good for musical, sociological, or other reasons, and some choices are inescapably personal. Sometimes a song may be so good that you can't resist springing for the otherwise forgettable album it's on."

Yeah, in an era when thrash metal dominated, them doing heavy metal was pretty courageous and they did some of the best heavy metal out there. Their 80's run of albums is amazing.

Their last good album was fear of the dark desu

Eh? After Powerslave, they only put out two more albums during the 80s both of which were meh.

Maiden benefited from the European market which went for Baroque sword-and-sorcery metal more, while North America in the late 80s was all thrash, thrash, thrash.

outing myself as an oldfag...but I saw Priest, Maiden and Fastway all on the same bill...it was fucking great show...Halford on his Harley...Eddie rampaging on stage...my teenage brain was never the same.

love

Corny as fuck if you're over the age of 15

Powerslave is equal to SSOTSS really. Those are their best from the 80s, everything else ties for second IMO, but it depends on your taste, especially with Somewhere in Time and the DiAnno stuff. Fear of the Dark had some very good songs, but the rest of the album (more than half by 1) truly is shit. The X Factor also had some great songs, and even though it's almost like FOTD quality-wise it is getting so much shit because people don't like Blaze, which is baseless.

Unfortunately, all thrash bands that came from that era (ex. Metallica) were pretty shit. 2 good albums at most, and even those had some questionable songs and production decisions. And Justice for All...'s bass is almost inaudible unless you boost it yourself for example.

It baffles me how music took such a turn for the worst during the mid 80s when it evolved rather well until then (Blues -> British Invasion/Psychedelic -> Prog Rock -> Heavy Metal).

Daniel?