Just saw this movie

Just saw this movie

He did a very good act, simply amazing
Too bad both the beginning and the end of the movie were the least good parts, which are the ones that people remember the most (general start and end of things) - still, it was incredible

What did you think?

I think it was a shit movie he did to get a paycheck.

What film is it?

While watching it i always waited for the chick to turn out to be one of his personalities. (Technically i hasn't really been outruled yet, because her perspective could be how a new personality gets to know the group.) But i thought the whole "i believe i'm a butterfly so i can fly" was complete bullshit which ruined the movie for me.
4/10 because it was my possibility to dodge 50 shades of grey, otherwise would have been a 3/10
Would not recommend if you're too analytical.

>While watching it i always waited for the chick to turn out to be one of his personalities.
Me too, was still good

> the whole "i believe i'm a butterfly so i can fly" was complete bullshit which ruined the movie for me.

You know very little about the human brain it seems

Split, my bad

[Spoilers ahead]
Go ahead - please educate me on how the human brain can simply fuck laws of physics and shit.
The whole this was WAY exagerrated, i mean - bullet proof skin? Bending steel? Climbing fucking flat walls?

If it had been some super natural shit i could have accepted that - i love monsters, but this was just a sick human.
Retard strength exists, but it doesn't explain this shit.

"Man righteously beats his submissive wife in a modern society"

>bullet proof skin? Bending steel? Climbing fucking flat walls?

bullet proof skin?
It wasn't bullet proof, he simply unlocked regeneration

>Bending steel?
This one is so pathetic I wont even answer

>Climbing fucking flat walls?
If there are monks that can ignore gravity why wouldn't a superbrain do?
>inb4 no they don't

Please do educate yourself, you're not half as smart as you're trying to look, or you're way too young to have observed enough

the premise demanded a great performance for the movie to be come off as anything other than comical, it actually got it, and then wasted that gift with shitty directing/editing.

i kind of wanted to see this movie up until seeing this.

I fucking hate that shit. Either make it an actual fantasy movie, or make it realistic. The only saving grace for fantasy/sci-fi movies is that they typically have in-universe explanations, laws, and rules for everything that make it work. The moment you get into any grey area, and it just becomes bullshit.

Like why can he do that? If its because he just believes he can do that, then why hasn't it been exploited by the government and military in the movie universe? And so on.

Just saw it today too. Very well done.

[spoiler]Or in this case, Dunn. Loved Unbreakable and was spoiled on this plot point, but I might not have gone to see the movie had I not found out the implications of that cameo.[/spoiler]

Stoked for the next one.

I don't have any bad intention when asking this, just plain curious and want to understand

How old are you guys?

First of all: Yes it was "thick skin" as mentioned in the movie, not regeneration.
Secondly: Humans consist of tissue and bone, both which can withstand less than fucking steel bars.
>If there are monks that can ignore gravity
W.H.A.T.
If you believe in paranormal shit there's no point in arguing any further.

the aperrent idiot is 25

Thick skin, long fingers, etc. As a monster, that was the being, not the body after he encarnated, kek

>Humans consist of tissue and bone, both which can withstand less than fucking steel bars.

Either this is a new level of ignorance or 9/10 bait

Congrats either way

By 25 you should have had already gotten your curiousity about the human mind lead you to certain conclusions, or at least not be an angry faggot that desbilieves whatever just because he doesn't understand

We have the cell where she sits in with easily an inch thick steel bars and the guy pulls them apart with this fucking hands. He doesn't use tools, he doesn't even care to use leverage.
If i cared enought i might even calculate it with the weakest metal that could be used in these bars in order to make a rough estimation of the minimum force needed to pull that off.
I'll assume we're talking of dimensions about 5 times the force that bones can withstand.

Wanting to be a girl won't make your crotch wound a vagina and won't fix your chromosomes.

>I'll assume we're talking of dimensions about 5 times the force that bones can withstand.

I understand your disbelief, I really do

But you gotta hear all the stuff about our brain, all the stories and research

Do you know anything about placebo?

I'll give an example: Doctors pretended to "un-knot" (dunno better way to say it) some veins in a patient, which would otherwise kill him

They just gave him a scar and told him they did it, the patient was healthy and had a normal life, because of mind power

Most people find this to be complete trash ideas, but do some research, have some curiosity, read about our subconscious, how it even guesses stuff

Don't know what I can say more man, the movie is pretty accurate, in a way that most people won't imagine

I can accept that there are undisclosed potentials in the brain, but they surely will have to behave according to physics.

Also about the monster strength thing, we actually can sustain a LOT of weight, and it's not adrenaline alone, it's more than that but this isn't a spiritual/energies thread or whatever

I've been analysing stuff like this for years and years non-stop and it's inevitable to get to this conclusion, believe me - the human brain isn't real

examples like: two kids lifting half an helicopter to get their mom out

Monkeys doing what experts (without knowing) called masterpieces, in painting
because they have strong brains, but are Still in the instinct part of it - or in other words - monkeys have a lot of instinct/subconscious power unlocked, hence why they did such things

Just trying to give some random examples, I hope I actually gave you something to consider

... you realize those monks have a cane that goes up into their sleeve behind their back, supporting a plate to sit on so they look like they're hovering right?

Either you are 11, or you're a troll. No one is that dumb to seriously believe the things you believe in. Then to argue against physics is just like next level. If you could write down some theorems proving these gravity defying monks I'm 100% certain you can win the Pulitzer Prize. Maybe go down in history and be remembered next to names like Euclid and Gauss.

>He did a very good act
>a very good act
>good act

You are trying way too hard mate. For a movie that's not even worth trolling this user for. Why won't you use your weekend in a better way?

Monks can levitate, I am sure of this.

And I'm not a crazy brainwashed religion faggot or whatever, which you probably think I am

but there's something like energies, that are not in "this dimension", the brain has great access to them

another random example: I have a friend with an IQ over 200, all his life is ridiculously incredible, but the example is he's tried to kill himself several times with a shitload of pills and nothing, absolutely nothing happned, he even guesses stuff, I've seen it

You should try the same as your friend. I'm sure the same will happen to you. Don't worry

can one of you guys make a quick summary about this movie, doesn't catch my attention at all to watch it

So you have a friend with an invalid IQ because 200 doesn't exist just like levitating monks you saw on a shpongle album cover. Get real people who fries their brains on acid are more grounded then you.

>moving around in the air
>I'm sure it's a metal stick

Well, to answer all of you

Why do I even try, dumb people will be dumb

Retard

Ok, i'll just give you the standard briefing on pseudo sciences then:
Pseudo sciences tend to put a lot of emphasis on believing things, and uncertaincies. Asking too much is discouraged - which makes it the polar opposite of actual science. A self respecting scientist will invite his worst critic to his home and debate his theory in order to test it. Also the words "energy", "waves" and sometimes the "ether" are thrown into the mix.
If you did find something "paranormal" which is technically possible - people tought electricity is paranormal 500 years ago - find out how it works and where it works. If you gathered enought information get your critics and hear them out. You will most likely find out you were wrong, but on the slight chance you are nott - you could still try.
Every couple of years there are scientists who aperrently found particles that are faster than light, only to be proven that they did a mistake in their measurement. If you're right your proof will convince people, because scientists are only intrested in the truth.

>implying I'm not in constant look for counter-evidence

Once again, I understand your disbelief, but there's nothing more I can say

I'm out

kinda sad though
would have loved to see that 'evidence'

I am the truth, scientists come to me for answers. I am the multimeter of life. I've seen monks levitate, I know that for a fact. Just because your feeble mind can't comprehend that doesn't mean it isn't true. My friend with 200 iq also says that he can understand dolphins. Explain that to me smart ass, how can he understand their frequencies? Maybe he is just so far developed his brain is an oscilloscope like in the fucking movie! Now stop debating with facts because I will not tolerate RH negative blood types talking down to me

alrighty then

>obviously low IQ
>trying to act smart

I feel like the movie wasn't meant to be entirely based in reality. They did tie in Mister.Glass and other individuals from previous movies that were meant to push past the normal human scope. The ending credits were a direct hint at that. So yes, without that tie in it's really far fetched.

But if you're building your own pseudo-superhuman universe than it ties right in.

>failing to post evidence once again

Pssst you leave some meta data on your photo. I hear Perrysburg is nice this time a year, maybe I'll come visit

>Go to another cucked shamalaalan movie expecting something different
>See 1.5 hours worth of shit acting coupled
>Keep my attention span to the end thinking he doesnt actually have a personality disorder it was an act to trick everyone into letting their guards down / pass secrets
>Nope, dude turns supernatural at the end

Wow shamalalan really activates my almonds

And what makes you think that i took the picture?

i thought it was thin in character development, so to speak. the whole thing came across as being shallow.
it could have been a lot better if it hadn't stayed inside the bounds of formulaic safety.

a promising premise, dumbed down to vanilla.

>too smart

Because no one would save such a dumb picture with ugly underage girls. Also it has never been posted before according to a reverse image search. Seeing as this was taken several years ago you are most likely one of the now of age, but still ugly girls. Also explains why you're on Sup Forums on a Saturday night

>le deduction skills

>according to a reverse image search
Please be trolling.

I wouldn't call it trolling persay. It's more of a tactic to throw broad phrases out and hope that I catch someone with it. Someone like me who has used their minds full potential to gain 200IQ can see many moves ahead.

Ah fuck it mister master mind. I'm off to fap.

Did you just assume my gender?

Seriously, tell me...I'm autistic, so there's no way I will figure it out by myself.

Is this the one directed by M. Night Shamalan?

As shit as his later movies have tended to be, the trailers are quite good at making them look interesting.

Hey...fucker invented Stuart Little. He doesn't need to make hits, so he makes the movies he wants to make.

It's not, it was honestly the worst one yet. They claim he has 23 personalities and only really focus on three that are rather boring.

Eh, it's a hard thing to introduce and flesh out 23 "different people" over the course of a 1.5-2 hour movie.

>the worst one yet
That's unbreakable.