"wow the mixing on this album is fucking shit"

>"wow the mixing on this album is fucking shit"

>"oh don't worry it's supposed to sound like that, it's good but you don't get it"

I liked this album on first listen.

The mixing has nothing wrong
What is this meme fantano started

the mixing really isn't that bad

When did you realise "Trout Mask Replica is unlistenable because the mixing's bad on it" is the most patrician position to take on this album?

Don is god

the mixing is standard for 69, I.E. better than you would expect from something like this anyway

his hand is huge

The album got me into free jazz, so I'm not allowed to hate it.

>tfw we'll never get another van vliet

me too. I don't understand why everyone acts like it's the most inaccessible record ever created.

this is shit that psuedo-intellectuals listen to, isnt it?

''That's right!''

doesnt really sound bad to me but im no professional. I guess theres moments with the clarinet that are hard to separate a single instrument and neon meate dream is difficult but it contributes to the atmosphere

but what if we do

no, it's the shit that brainlets who can't understand it and see themselves as "anti-pseudo-intelectuals" hate

Yup same. Even if you don't know anything about what he was trying to do or music theory and shit its still a fun listen, not sure why people act like its some endurance test on your first 5 listens

Hope he has enough money to do his thing, and bandmates who understand the production is worth the process

BUZZWORDS: the post

>the mixing is supposed to be bad
Nobody has ever fucking said this. I don't even see the big problem with its mixing.

>uses a buzzword on post
>gets mad when other people use a buzzword

It only has two "buzzwords," and one of them was referencing a buzzword that the guy he reply to used.

The vocals are way too fucking loud

its not shit just kind of boring

''That trout head that we used as a mask stank like hell.''
''We were eating beans and vegetables, and have been literally starving most of the time''
''He locked him in a closet for several hours and made him listen to an old blues reccord, because he was ''playing the C-note like Beatles did, and he didn't want any Beatles sound on his reccord''
''Bandmembers were locked in the house for 8 months, barely ever leaving for groceries''

That's how true masterpiece is created, with crazy self sacrifice and dedication.

THAT'S RIGHT, THE MASCARA SNAKE
FAST AND BULBOUS

>not letting anyone leave
>dedication
well, I guess

Van Vliet is rock music's genius? *laughs so hard I drop my Buffet Crampon oboe* He did not write music nor could he play an instrument—still genius?

this so fucking much

This album is not intellectual at all. It is also very good.

OP's point is moot because mixing quality has nothing to do with how good an album is.

Yes. And that should be one of the takeaway lessons from an album like this.

That rock music is so infantile its genius is an incompetent? The Beatles are more genius than Van Vliet.

>cares about mixing
>patrician
I dont think so bub