/metal/

Which stage is more numale edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Ogxy1hcT54
youtube.com/watch?v=DgE77XyWv2c&t=33s
youtube.com/watch?v=korl72Dbz_g&index=13&list=PLCslpjrb7cYhEmIlkTyihmO1M8ZDbch4a
youtube.com/watch?v=LeCk6BoSu-c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw cant read kvlt

why even live

That's why you get a qt gf to read it for you

literally can not read any of this besides death angel and i dont even know that band

>be american
>see a poster for a cool metal festival
>it's in yurop

>tfw you're so old you saw Megadeth on the Peace Sells tour when you were in college

Good show despite only Mustaine and I think Ellefson being there

plebs

>be australian
>see poster for cool metal festival

Post your favourite album of all time and anons give you recs that sound like that album. Pic related is mine.

How can you not real Mgla, or even Morbid Angel is easily read.

Neither.

Do not entry.

Wish i could go

There's like two good bands there

Immolation and crypt sermon?

and Khemmis. Skipped over them somehow

Panopticon, Pig Destroyer, and agoraphobic nosebleed are the ones i like out of it. Plus all the craft beer. Worth it to me

can you fucking newfags stop making threads too early and not linking to the old one

There is another metal thread up. This one is just a refuge from the glam shitters and the dmu browsers they trigger

Last 2 were TERMINATED

Ive been posting in both of them

Fucking this

Is Mgla that big now?

They've been big for like three years now.

What do you mean by only Mustaine and Ellefson being there? How do they do the show without Poland and Gar

Bought your m8l8th hoodie yet, /meal/?

i don't like buttmetal, so no

I dont support nazi

Have you prayed to the riff god today?

Remember to bludgeon local antifa

youtube.com/watch?v=6Ogxy1hcT54

I need something similar to Timeghoul. Any recs?

what is it with mongol metal and aids calligraphy

give me some Sine Pedibus over this shit

Any band that sounds that gay isn't bludgeoning anybody.

metal was never masculine

Wrong

I have to say, at this point 99% of metal just sounds like goofy, dumb, theatrical hard rock to me. Even the kvlt stuff. Especially the kvlt stuff.

see if i were aussie i'd just try to get into deathcore

cool. here, you'll like these then

Is non-deathmetal frowned upon up in this cozy corner?

no

What the fuck is even numale metal? What are the criteria and why is Isis in there?

you should probably just get out now

Got a lotta catchup to do with metal and the buzzwords currently associated with them.

You're defensive because he's calling you out

Just checked numale on urban dictionnary and seems like Pantera is pretty much at the complete opposite end of this «numale spectrum».

i'm just busting your balls. but seriously, this thread is shit, get out while you still can

kek, yeah ok

anyone got any recommendations similar to this?
youtube.com/watch?v=DgE77XyWv2c&t=33s

kek yeah im an oldfag kid

there's no such genre, it's what nu-males listen to. the bands themselves may or may not have nu-males in them, but that's irrelevant

I just realized these guys are somehow a christian band. I thought this song was pretty solid though, like the outro.

youtube.com/watch?v=korl72Dbz_g&index=13&list=PLCslpjrb7cYhEmIlkTyihmO1M8ZDbch4a

So how good is that new Oceano?

So people who listen to X band are bluepilled faggots because I myself do not enjoy such band.

Did I do it right?

I'll bite. Is the music itself nu-male? or is it just music nu-males like?

the chart is supposed to focus on the latter, but some of the albums may indeed be nu-male music

Exactly! Throw in some comment about glam (doesn't matter if it's positive or negative) and you've simulated the last weeks of threads. This place has been in the shitter. The originator of the nu-male chart should be drawn and quartered. Speaking of which, anyone like Drawn and Quartered?

It doesn't matter because it means nothing. I think it's supposed to mean the former.

Why is Gost opening for taake? Why are they trying to force synthwave on black metal shows?

So what's you're opinion of non-nu-male music that nu-males like?

burzum

atmoshit
dissoshit
post/sludge
ARE FALSE AND BARRED FROM THESE HALLS

it's unavoidable and there's no real repellent against it

hmu with some Wolverine Blues worship pls

>dissoshit
What the FUCK does this even mean

don't forget the expansion pack

Epica is good!
Good!

I prefer Delain

don't bother learning all this general's buzzwords, i'm pretty sure I get more retarded every time i read one of these threads

>dissoshit
>dissonant metal that is dissonant for no reason or the dissonance adds nothing to the music

t. memeologist

This is literally all kult stuff...
Wasn't that what you guys thought was alpha as fvck?

worse frontwoman
less growls
somehow even less R I F F S

The growls in Epica are terrible in general why would that be a plus

So what constitutes as nu-male music? And why isn't the music nu-males listen to not necessarily nu-male music? Do you like any nu-male music? Do you only listen to music that's masculine?

Just trying to figure this shit out because it sounds stupid as hell

No, it's pure numalery.

The next expansion pack will feature Artery Eruption, Spinebreaker, and Short Bus Pile Up, amongst other limp-wristed numale bands.

careful, don't inhale the memes all at once

they're much better in the last 2 albums than they used to be, not even that bad anymore

Can you provide a couple examples of dissonant metal that meets these criteria and compare it to dissonant metal that isn't dissoshit? Where do Gorguts and Phyrron fall?

the only real nu-male music is music that's made by nu-male musicians. if i were to go off the basis of only listening to bands that nu-males didn't listen to, there would literally be nothing.

fucking shit bait

i'm pretty sure this thread is more responsible for the spread of the nu-male meme on this board than anything else

kek didnt bother looking at the chart, I guess I deserve it

Most numale band ever..
baka whatever sjw faggotry kids listen to these days

Pyrrhon is a perfect amalgamation of every abhorrent trend in """metal""" over the last 15 years. Mother of Virtues may well be the quintessential nu-male album.

Are there any albums you liked before you knew the artists were nu-males? Or are you just able to instantly tell when they're nu-males? If they make music that doesn't sound nu-male, does that mean they aren't nu-males? Do you like any nu-male music? Are you embarrassed when you enjoy things that other people might consider nu-male?

kek

But Pyrrhon definitely still brings the riffs though, as twisted as they may be. They are nothing like nu male, that's Deafheaven or Isis.

The only people bothered by this are nu-males.

The only nu-male artist is Deafheaven. The guitarist is a fag who spent $300 on Drake merch and they make shitty indie darling blackgaze that can't even touch Violet Cold.

Varg could get pegged by his wife every night and he could be featured on the front page of NME and I'd still love him.

God, do I hate hate hate fucking Deafheaven though.

People who are embarrassed by their music tastes are FAGGOTS.
Or they browse Sup Forums too much.
Am I a nu-male if I 100% assume my unironic love for Lana del Rey and Limp Bizkit?
Tricky question my dudes.

So thinking about what is and isn't nu-male is nu-male? Is being bothered by nu-male music nu-male? Is non-nu-male metal actually nu-male metal then?

Sounds retarded

i'm not very invested in structuring what i listen to based on those things, but most of what you've mentioned has happened a few times. i don't like a lot of the albums on the original chart, but that's unrelated to nu-males being involved.

It's funny how their sunbather is actually decent with all blackgaze gayness and how they shit the bed with that other album when they tried to get riffs and realized they fucking can't.
Hilarious

youtube.com/watch?v=LeCk6BoSu-c

Post your favorite band from your hometown.
This album is fucking amazing, I bought it in a local record store blindly when I was a young lad and not only is it incredible but if I ever need money I can just sell it since it's worth a pretty penny according to discogs.

Cringy lyrics in Social Fears aside this might be my favorite thrash album. Certainly my favorite bass performance in thrash. Good shit.

FOR ALL THINGS SHALL BECOME MY PREY

You say that like you can get «nu-male ambushed» by a band. Like, you legit like the sound and shit but then you realize guys on the internet call that band nu-male so you can't enjoy it anymore. Cause if you enjoy it in the first place you wouldn't be the one to label it as nu-male. So it's essentially the others' opinions that spoil your appreciation. Being influenced by other nobodies' opinions is weak and thus nu-male, especially «feeling embarrassed because anons think ur gay». I think that's what he meant.

>say I like glam
>this somehow means I only listen to glam
Yesterdays thread was retarded.
Also I tried on mutiple occasions to make /rock/ general a thing, no replies.

remeber that guy who just posted arrow in heart every thread

I miss him

Great album, really intense shit.

if you don't already know all the big-logo bands on that flyer, you need to go back

I can't read anything below Absu on either row. How bad is that?

But it's all shit except for mgwa maybe. Mgwa lives fucking rock

I spoke nothing of the bands' respective qualities, but if you don't even know the logos to some of the biggest metal bands, you're a newfag who should stay at /r/metal