Is Trumps wall really a good idea?

is Trumps wall really a good idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/business/2017/jan/25/donald-trump-border-wall-mexican-construction-firms-workers-biggest-winners
twitter.com/AnonBabble

For jobs, yes.
For keeping mexicans out, nope. Heard of a really neat invention called a ladder?

And guess who pays for the wall? We can't literally force mexico to pay for it, it will be paid for with tax dollars. So you. And me.

>Prevents unfettered illegal immigration from Latin America

Absolutely it's a great idea and should've been done a long fucking time ago. Fuck spics and all their sympathizers.

Heck, not just spics, many illegal immigrants from other nations cross the border to get into America illegally -- Africans, Asians, Caribbeans, etc.

In the same way wanting a build a personal Jetpack is a "good idea".

It's a expensive and mostly unfeasible project that serves no effective purpose in reality even if you did have one.

But some people think it sounds really cool even if they don't understand the issues with actually making one. Meanwhile the technicians are split between the ones are planning on making money off of a project that will take forever and the ones who think people are idiots for wanting to build something useless that will take forever.

Fuck off shekel bot

Mexican companies will get the contract. Mexican workers will build it.

mfw latinos and mexicunts prefer to get in via plane and not walking across the border

America's first openly dick, dictator. Had to happen eventually. I wonder if Russia will for a coalition of the willing to "free" the American people?

Not really, on it's own at least.
More militarized borders have been bypassed and most american illegal immigrants come through legitimate channels and just overstay their visa.
The money would be better spent on chasing up visa defrauders as the methods of doing so would likely also catch border crossers.

>mfw when I flew first class here and just overstayed my visa now I'm a citizen

You know you are a special kinda retard right.

New task force: Undercover Mexican.
Hire Mexicans to cross the border, give them a cell phone and have them call border patrol when the group they are with crosses into the US.

user, provide one instance where a wall has worked in providing border security at anytime throughout history...

Must have money. Youre lucky you did it before DT came.

Pretty much, it goes against the spirit of "Ye old Capitalism" but once you have an infrastructure capable of supporting the population you can effectively keep an entire countries population employed indefinitely just by making them do something completely useless and paying them for it.

>But doesn't that mean it wouldn't matter is they didn't work at all?

It really wouldn't but tough luck convincing modern day Americans that industrialization making a massive amount of the working population's need to actually work obsolete is somehow not a tragedy.

The Maginot line.

The one those got dam mongorians always try and break down

I Lol'd

sure why not?

Nope

>America will pay Mexico to build the wall
>Mexican workers will build holes and hidden entrances in it.

Actually that's not a half bad idea.

Because it will cost a fuck ton and wont work

Trump voter here. Many think itd be better if it werent an actual physical wall but ones with guard towers that use infrared etc. Great jobs creator

ISRAEL

theguardian.com/business/2017/jan/25/donald-trump-border-wall-mexican-construction-firms-workers-biggest-winners

You mean like Hadrian's wall? The Hungarian border fence? The earth and sand walls around Morocco? The walls around israel? The Great Wall of China? The Vatican? Or the thousands and thousands of cities throughout history that had walls? Or every castle and fortress from the middle ages onward? Retard.

Berlin

of course not

If they have that kind of ingenuity they should just build it proper but build a tunnel under it that starts and exits miles away from the wall. Possibly in a residential area.
Way harder to catch with even the most basic of patrol routes.

Have you conceptualized the cost/risk analysis, got contractor/vendor quotes and put bids out to architect firms to surmise that statement? Or are you just CNN'n factiods by sheer perception?

Yeah. But they didnt have mains voltage hammer drills and diesel tunneling equipment when hadrians wall was not working a treat.

That must be where the giant trails of garbage through the desert come from near the border. Obviously spics leaving their planes.

Right... which is why the Song dynasty got assfucked by Mongolians right
b8

You do know the Mongolians won and became the Chinese Yuan dynasty, right?

They already do that.

Dictator. You faggots keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

Ooo thats a bingo.

The dmz?
Doesnt have to be concrete retards. Can be razor wire with guard towers.

I have the same costings technique trump used when he dreamed it up on a napkin over a long lunch. Where he said 'hurr durr get mexico to pay' im saying its going to cost a fuck ton.

And it will.

Yes because the act of digging a hole is such new modern technology.

Really?
I'm Australian so i'm only really vaguely up to date with the situation in merrica.
I thought the border was easily permeable enough that there wouldn't be enough economic incentive to resort to that yet.
Was I duped by republican rhetoric?

Yes, They eventually break down shitty wall. But it worked for centuries. Mexicans will not take over the majority of the western hemisphere though lolz

No, it's a waste of money, it's not going to keep illegal immigrants out, Mexico isn't going to pay for it, and it's unlikely to every be finished because it's going to take more than 4 years to build and the next president isn't going to continue supporting it.

That Great Wall sure stopped the hell out of that mongol horde didn't it?

Insofar as most illegal immigration doesn't happen in the open dessert, no.

No. The problem is that the last admin and DOJ told DHS and ICE to stand down and let ppl ago

this

Doing it in 2 evenings and making it large enough to drive a truck loaded with cocaine and lawnmower men through requires fairly modern technology.

They used to use rough hewn ladders to breach hadrians wall

Do you pay taxes?

No, but it doesn't matter since Mexico will pay for it

The concept of digging hole is not new, but yes, electrically powered drills are in fact a new technology you fucking troglodyte.

Yes. Point?

I would prefer they are not wasted on a stupid off the cuff election promise designed to appease mouth breathing inbreds

Oh boy
>Hadrian
Not known if effective or not, was easily bypasses by Vikings
>Misc Warsaw pact walls (to include Berlin and 38th Parallel)
With shoot on sight policies, literal thousands still escaped. Sounds like a fail to me
>Great Wall of China
The Song dynasty was literally raped by Mongols and the Ming was rapes by northern nomadic peoples. The wall did little to stop anything
>The Vatican
The Vatican remained secure because no one wanted to leave or enter it (Mussolini just ignored it, for instance) and no one wanted to fucking kill the Pope
>Castle walls
I guess you've never heard of cannons

better idea would be to just anex Mexico

No thanks. The only good thing they had were axolotls and now those things are extinct in the wild

it might be a good idea as a gesture

like how do you convince people to not cross over illegally if there are literally uninterrupted walking paths crossing the border?

when there's a wall, they can't say they didn't know

Better idea would be to just let Mexico have California back since that's where all the fucking illegals end up anyway, and they seem hell bent on keeping them.

Walls don't prevent tunnels, boats, and planes. A wall is a childish idea

That's a terrible idea.
California is laden with oil and accounts for about 15% of america's GDP.
If it were a country it would be richer than Australia

>trump's plan to keep immigrants out isn't to build walls and secure borders, it's to make the US as shitty as possible, so that they won't want to enter...

It's already been downgraded to a fence.

As the real costings come in. Shortly it will be downgraded to 'a bad idea'

Not bad for a core promise

Fake News

yes

No it hasnt