Overrated, or underrated?

Overrated, or underrated?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Em818MPepwc&index=2&list=PLEiFa-TFQIkTSezkn8w4KtbhbtvhCqu4H
youtube.com/watch?v=EyGU-CJulTs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

One of his best albums, deserves all the praise it gets. Elton John slander will not be tolerated on this board & will be met with force

not overrated. Hard to call underrated considering it's commercial and critical success. Love that album. Second album I ever purchased.

the amount of detail is ridiculous, combine that with fresh and inventive songrwriting, and its a staple IMO

Appropriately rated.

Elton John and Taupin were an unstoppable force. It's incredible how much great material Elton John recorded in just a few short years. He fell off hard, of course, but it's still impressive.

Captain Fantastic is my favorite.

Interesting series on youtube surrounding it's recording

youtube.com/watch?v=Em818MPepwc&index=2&list=PLEiFa-TFQIkTSezkn8w4KtbhbtvhCqu4H

might have toi work some magic in the US to view some of the parts. They are blocked.

Deserves all the praise it gets. This is one of the few double albums with no bad tracks.

One of my all-time favorites. Damn, I forgot about this one.

ewww, I've always felt Elton was pretty overrated in general but I do enjoy listening to it so idk.

>one of the few double albums with no bad tracks

youtube.com/watch?v=EyGU-CJulTs

this song is catchy as fuck and YOU KNWO IT!!!

It's probably the weakest track on the album, but I wouldn't call it bad.

Actually, it's one of my favorite songs on the album. Get better taste mate.

The only thing I'd do if I had a time machine would be to convince Elton not to put this on the album. This is the only song preventing the entire thing from perfection.

Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding is incredible.

I bet you love that new gorillaz track with popcorn too

I'd probably stop my parents from ever meeting

A bit overrated compared to his earlier releases.

But this is also true

fuck yeah it is

/elton/ general?

Why hasn't Elton John found a nice girl to marry and settle down with yer? He's getting pretty old. It would suck if he died without getting married,

He is married. And this joke might have been funny if it was the 70's.

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road [MCA, 1973]

Two LPs ago, Bernie Taupin passed on his way from obscure banality to clean, well-lighted banality to write a batch of imaginative lyrics, and set to those lyrics John's music sounded eclectic but not confused. Too often now it seems to chatter on anonymously. The title cut is good, "Bennie and the Jets" is great, side four is good-to-great, and a few other songs here would probably benefit from more exclusive company, but this is one more double album that would make a nifty single. B

Good song fuck off

>He is married
Are you trying to b8 Sup Forums here or what?

Worth it for Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting alone.

sweet painted lady is a great track