Skrillex is dead

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mYFqwOErkZU
youtube.com/watch?v=NNoMoiRCJm8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I can't believe skrillex is dead

k

too bad
> it didnt happen before he made all that shitty music. lol jk. I liked skrill for a second

some say he was never really alive and was actually an elaborate animatronic made by the guy who does deadmau5's helmets

proof?

looks like he's watching a sunset...so he's dead

here he is being calibrated for a performance

le lol

people will still deny scary monsters and sprites was ghost produced

oh yeah, explain this

Good.

i swear the musician deaths wishful thinking threads and blatant, ham-fisted racism are some of the most cancerous things about Sup Forums. They're not even clever or amusing because they're irreverent and antisocial, they're just primordial, retarded shit.

Dude calm down

Oh well.

i am calm, im just annoyed at the retardation so i said my honest thoughts about it.

Skrillex didn't produce Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites.

In the year 2008, Universal Music Group and Warner Music/Warner Bros. were trying to figure out a way to capitalize on the UK Dubstep craze and the US EDM Festival craze at the same time. They employed the help of Deadmau5 to scout for a pet project to help with production.

So Deadmau5 goes and finds Skrillex. The issue was that Dubstep, from an engineering standpoint (at the time) didn't have much going on in the midrange frequencies. So Joel goes and releases Skrillex's first "My Name is Skrillex EP" which sounds a lot like Justice.

So Joel with a bunch of capital investment from UMG (they own Mau5trap) goes and hires a team of ghost producers: Jon Gooch (Spor/Feed Me) and the members of Noisia to help Skrillex develop his first album (SM&NS). Sure enough, Noisia and Feed Me ends up producing 90% of the album and it does PHENOMENALLY well. It's still doing well. They managed to shift the composition of Dubstep into what is called "Brostep" nowadays by designing it to have a significant amount of sound design in the midrange. The reason they did this was because at the time, Festival setups didn't have a ton of accurate low-end backend setup, so they had to make Dubstep sell well in a festival market.

Fast forward to 2011. After being pissed that he's being hooked up with a bunch of pop stars to bring Dubstep/Brostep fully in the mainstream, Skrillex fabricates a lie that he lost his laptop in Milan (even though he had pictures on Instagram of him producing his work on a desktop computer) and all his jobs get "leaked". Skrillex ends up getting fired by Mau5 and then goes to the next guy that injects him with production knowledge, Diplo. That's why anything after Skrillex's dubstep phase sounds wildly different. As for Noisia and Feed Me, they made a fuck ton of money and basically get to do whatever they want now. We're talking tens of millions of dollars, plus royalties.

This sounds very believable. Is there any proof though?

that is very sad

im sorry i just dont believe this. its not like sonny moore is a natural pop star who a studio would actually want to push hes p disgusting to look at.

i really think this is false t b h.

skrillex has a super distinctive sound and he is a great and influential producer. datsik and excision and other brostep sucks but as you said, scary monsters and nice sprites is great, sounds like justice crossed with rusko. his later shit was not as good but always very well produced and distinctively his (kyoto, leaving ep) and then he used his production knowledge and started making pop songs with diplo, which still have his stylistic fingerprints all over them. ur dumb

skrillex's biggest influence?
how do you explain thissssss
youtube.com/watch?v=mYFqwOErkZU

Damm skrillex copy pasta

I prefer to remember him as Chimo Bayo, that was his artistic peak. Rip.
youtube.com/watch?v=NNoMoiRCJm8

Tbh he's pretty dead, mean when was the last song he made?

that generic trap future bass sound everyones doing is already played the fuck out.

this isnt true at all. sonny gave his usb to tommy and tommy gave it to joel.

I think hell be fine

Another Ameritard dead? nothing of value will be lost if it is true

Thank god