Best experimental hip hop albums...

best experimental hip hop albums? why has it taken longer for groundbreaking experimental hip hop albums to form compared to a genre like rock?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SEPr31ietaY
youtu.be/klPGfv9Swbw
youtu.be/sE7xyn28wjg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cus rap is no good

That's a mixtape, not an album

+whole death grips discography

clipping

and dalek
there, we can finally start the thread now that all the meme artists have been mentioned

in this post i mention the beatnigs and get ignored

The answer you want to hear is because niggers are dumb.

The real answer?
[spoiler]niggers are dumb[/spoiler]

and there's nothing

ill check them out

EL-P - I'll Sleep When You're Dead.
Or, the Guru - Jazzmatazz series.

kill the vultures

this

This came out in 1992 and nothing has surpassed it.

blackhandpath - Obfuscant

Am I an edgelord for thinking this album is bad and accomplishes almost nothing but being a tamed and pussified version of No Love Deep Web.

Album has no edge whatsoever.

babyfather/dean seems to inspiring a new type of experimental rap
youtube.com/watch?v=SEPr31ietaY

Meme ? If not please KYS, it is just as long and consistant than a regular LP

>carbon copy of death grips, but whiter

This is so bad

Rockists gtfo, there are many fundamental differences between an album and a mixtape
Exmilitary is an example of the latter

I never understood how this was so experimental. Just seemed like a more daring, but still radio-friendly rap album.

Also no one has mentioned Shabazz Palaces itt. I really liked their first album. Check out Ho99o9 as well.

Ooohhhhh haven't seen this posted in a while

This album is absolutely groundbreaking

Incredible use of sampling and everything is just 10/10. The drums on Takyon give me a boner and the plunderphonic instrumentals of Beware make me wet everyday.

Best hip hop album of all time

Get the fuck out of here child

Why are you posting this shit

It's just Kanye trying to copy death grips

Awful front to back

>Get the fuck out of here child
lol wtf

I remember you posting insanely childish things on this board, this post is not an exception tb h

>odd future
This is an 18+ board

Pathetic

>This album is absolutely groundbreaking

>Incredible use of sampling and everything is just 10/10

Solace is better (not an album tho).

If you're trying to make dg fans look stupid you're doing it quite well

This is overrated

No samples, real instruments, nothing compares

nothing even comes close to this. This is the only hip-hop album i'd consider 'experimental'

Get the fuck out of here child.

Did you forget about Ten

Get the fuck out of here reddit

>still radio-friendly rap album
nigga none of those songs would ever make it to the radio.

this, haters will say its a dg rip off (its not)

All me btw

But seriously are you really that mad? I have better taste in hip hop than anyone in this thread.

Also
>Kanye west fans
Get the fuck out of here children

It is top kek and it's fucking awful

There's literally nothing good about it. Tfw 23 and outgrowing this site.

this but unironically

>>this album is groundbreaking
Plebsicle

Exmilitary is beyond groundbreaking

Not like any of you deaf grapes dumbasses would know anything about Nah anyway

Lots of samefag going on in here. The general of Sup Forums has agreed that Exmilitary has the best sampling of all time in a hip hop album.

You smell like shit and have shit taste in music

Hi inxy I have nothing to contribute to the actual discussion but I just found out that Death Grips is coming to my country in August and I'm beyond fucking hyped. I'd never thought I'd actually have a chance at seeing them live here in Finland. A literal fucking dream come true.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

That's cool as fuck man enjoy nigga you'll love it

They're incredible live but you already know this

The only person with good taste in this thread. "Why are there no good experimental hip hop albums out there compared to rock? Why is there only exmilitary?"

Dalek is overrated as hell youre an idiot

>Get the fuck out of here child
>Thinks that Exmilitary is a 10/10
Sorry if you don't like filthy but a lot of people would disagree with your opinions in this thread and I'm not sure how the same person who thinks dg has made a 10/10 album can call dalek overrated lol

FYI, to everyone in this thread, the best hip hop outside of Death Grips are 2 tracks from Massive Attack

Risingson and Inertia Creeps are both industrial/UK hip hop and those tracks themselves are better than your favorite hip hop album.

Exmilitary is a fucking 11/10

Oh look a newtrip with an opinion. How cute.

Honest personal DG album rankings coming through:

1. NotM - 10
2. TMS/BP - 9.5
3. ExM/NLDW - 9
4. JD - 8.5 (has best DG song)
5. GP - 8

no ones posting the 2016 AOTY

this
these niggers just don't have any passion for anything or knowledge of anything and only rap about doing/selling drugs, and it's not even the good drugs like lsd and other psychedelics that help produce some of the best music we have, but stupid nigger drugs like xanax coke and lean

Newfag detected top kek

Where'd you come from Sup Forums?

G-Eazy
Kid Ink
Macklemore
Pitbull

Shabazz Palaces is my nigga, too bad he doesn't put out any more music.

Death Grips were the first to do it and are still the best to do it. Thread over.

holy shit the amount of samefagging here is embarassing

B L A C K I E did it way before Death Grips. It wasn't as good though but still.

>B L A C K I E did it way before Death Grips
so did ice, 2nd gen, dalek, and techno animal

Exmiltary is damn groundbreaking, only with time people will retrospectively call it a masterpiece. Hardcore punk in hip hop form.

this

But it's funny to repeat phrases.

explain pls

BLACKIE - GEN

techno animal is underrated as fuck

black hole from brotherhood of the bomb alone blows most of these albums out of the water

Death Grips is just a XXXTENTACION ripoff.

/thread

hip hop and rap has a low barrier of entry in terms of skill while rock music has a higher one. those who are really skilled like to expiriment more. hip hop and rap musicians arnt great musicians, though they make good music theyre not as skilled so cant or dont make expirimental stuff.
at least maybe

what is Really Doe

>clouddead posters
kys

My nigha
Yeah that was amusing to me, the effort
I think they're quite different
Absolutely patrician man

>hip hop and rap has a low barrier of entry in terms of skill while rock music has a higher one.
This is correct but there are a few artists who've pushed that barrier, like Death Grips & Massive Attack.

Masterpieces in hip hop like this here need to be more recognized around here

youtu.be/klPGfv9Swbw

Honestly I hope Niggas on the Moon is the one that's remembered, because it's infinitely better than any other album in their discography.

NotM is for art students

Jenny Death is the far superior side of TPTB

Also NotM won't be remember because nothing about it is really that groundbreaking

It's a cool project but the amount of incredible ideas in Exmilitary is what should be remembered. TMS too, for having so much consistency.

checked them out. pretty good, thanks for the rec.

Death Grips are the Animal Collective of hip hop

Beautifully textured and densely hand touched music, genuine in every sense. They're the best hip hop band of all time. Zach Hill is a legend.

He's entirely correct, though. About DG and Dalek, at least.

You fucking what? It's over?

>Hardcore punk in hip hop form.
I wish more groups would try to bring together punk, hiphop, and even metal in a similar way to how DG did it. There's Ho99o9 at least. I suspect this is going to become a trend within the next 5 years or so.

it's just post-death grips bullshit lmao
also there's nothing hip-hop about the majority of his discography

haha you both seem like cunts
anyways to answer OP's question, I'll reccomend El-P's "Fantastic Damage" and
Busdriver's "Perfect Hair"

true busdriver doesn't get mentioned as often as he should be

exmilitary fucking sucks compared to NOTM

yeezus is better than every single death grips album, except NOTM

look up beatnigs, stetasonic, freestyle fellowship, the disposable heroes of hiphoprisy, dalek, early afrika bambaata, techno animal, deep puddle dynamics

experimental hip hop happened within 5 years of its conception just like rock did

horrible tripfag

i've heard a few of those, but i'll check out the rest. I know that there's always been some experimental hip hop out there, but we haven't really seen any significantly popular or "groundbreaking meme" experimental hip hop albums come about pre-2010's.

This

I hope you, yes you, because you are an individual person, realize that no one on /mu doesn't think this is utter shit and only 13 year olds like it

this is so fucking ironic lmao

This. It's easily their magnum opus

dg is my third favorite band but a lot of the shit you've been saying is pretty retarded, also if you think exmilitary is an 11/10 you probably don't have the right to call people "patrician"

>last list
>calls me horrible
wew of the day. Top jaja

What do you think correct opinions are retarded?

Exmilitary is 11/10, Dalek is overrated, and these tracks are the best hip hop tracks outside of Death Grips:

(Keep in mind thisbpost is a fact)

youtu.be/klPGfv9Swbw
youtu.be/sE7xyn28wjg

oh fuck off