topsters.net/

hey friends.

LSD and the Search for God - s/t
Joe Jackson - Look Sharp!

Henlo music friends.

+ animal collective, nico, boards of canada, nick drake

- radiohead,, sweet trip, surfjan stevens

>LSD and the Search for God - s/t
This one's been on my backlog for a while. I'll give it a listen now.

Henlo

(you)

(me)?

give recs and ratings if you want others to give you them selfish faggots

i dont really know

Don't know half of what's on that chart, pretty good stuff presumably. Very colourful.

Its a shame you can't put King Crimson album covers on Topster charts, I'm too lazy to edit them onto mine. Quality stuff, been listening to Smile a lot recently, probably my favorite Beach Boys album at this stage. Try the following;
>Jackon C. Frank - s/t. (similar to Pink Moon albeit with an even more depressing backstory, quite impressive really, brilliant album nonetheless).
>Hella - Hold Your Horse Is (this might actually be a pretty bad rec, given that it is entirely instrumental, though its a good album to build your knowledge of math rock and is a much stronger example of it than American Football and Slint, has similar guitar tones to the former though Zach Hill's drumming is really something special).

A lot of those are on my backlog (really want to try Sunny Day Real Estate soon), by any chance did you stumble across some of those by YouTube recommended videos? (specifically Limes - Fresh Squeezed, Jinsang & Drinking Songs). Great stuff anyhow, try;
>Joni Mitchell - Blue, if you haven't already.

Been on Sup Forums since 2015 I'd say, Neon Bible is underrated af (Reflektor more so), looks good, try;
>The Microphones - The Glow, Pt 2 (if you haven't already).

Seen this chart numerous times and I still enjoy the gradient. Put simply, you don't listen to this much pop unless you really like the stuff, and that's something I will always admire about the chart, whilst some may spite it as being pleb it is arguably one of the most individualistic charts that gets posted on here, anyhow, try;
Alvvays - s/t.

henlo everyone

nice avalanches, sweet trip, sufjan, anco, nick drake, can,

nice nick drake, madvillain, joy divisoon, weezer, radiohead, kendrick, floyd, nmh, wilco, bowie, kanye, ween, sabbath, loveless, VU, aphex twin, sufjan

nice arctic monkeys, cake, gorillaz, floyd, kanye, arcade fire

nice bowie, floyd, dylan, radiohead, nick drake, beatles, oasis, amy winehouse, doves, fleetwood mac, weezer, johnny cash, porcupine tree, kate bush, doors, bjork
i guess beyonce and adele and lady gaga are cool too for pop music

nice super furry animals too
from

meme

tyndall, zygoat
cool chart. subway sect, orange juice, tv personalities, nikki sudden, bill nelson, lene lovich, 8 eyed spy, soft boys

Good morning lads
Lenny Valentino - Uwaga Jedzie tramwaj
Drop Nineteens - Delaware
Cocteau Twins and Beat Happening seem right up your alley
Psychic TV - Dreams Less Sweet
Faust - Faust IV

Is that Batfinks like your own band or what?

r8 please

Skywave - Echodrone

Awh your chart is super cute I like the Bowie, Hounds of Love, Gaga, Bjork, and Nick Drake
>would dance with

Excellent DeathGrips pick btw
+Demarco, Mazzy Star, Lorde
-Lonerism, Teen Dream, Arctic Monkeys

tell me more about that Cocteau Twins album?

apologies, this one is better

rate and rec please

would do the same but i'm shit at recs

Try Radiohead, you might like them. Jokes aside though try whatever, haven't seen Ninja Tuna in a very long time. The more I vaguely look at this chart I assume you've been here for 6 months-ish, given the abundance of Radiohead. Nice to see someone exploring trip-hop as a go to then, Massive Attack and Portishead are nothing short of amazing. Try the following;
>Tricky - Maxinquaye (purely so that you've listened to the trip-hop trilogy alongside Massive Attack and Portishead).
>If you haven't already try every album of all the artists on there, just in case, you don't want to miss out on Blue Lines & Third, believe me.

For more individualistic recommendations however;
>Iggy Pop - The Idiot & Lust for Life.
>Chapterhouse - Whirlpool (I'd honestly argue it to be a better introduction to shoegaze than Loveless, as its far more accessible and probably the only dance-able shoegaze album).
>John Maus - We Must Become the Pitiless Censors of Ourselves (if you want a short album, and a very fun one at that).

no chart today but is there anything that meets as a blend of shoegaze, slowcore, math rock and post rock? Like MBV mixed with Slint?

filter-core

Thanks for the help. Can't blame you for thinking I'm new, considering all the Radiohead and mu memes (talking heads, smashing pumpkins, etc). I've been listening to radiohead since OKC... part of the reason I like them so much is probably just nostalgia.

Maxinquaye I've listened to but I enjoy the first half of the album much more than the second half so I can't really say I like it as a whole. Admittedly I've neglected listening to Blue Lines though. And I forgot all about Third.

Really enjoying Whirlpool so far. Iggy Pop, Portishead, and John Maus are queued. Thanks again.

Glad you like it, hope you enjoy the rest, sorry for recommending so many things.

good morning!
Cerati - bocanada
Bowery electric - lushlife
Lamp - 恋人へ
Chroma Key - you go now
Sweet trip - halica
Jaime sin tierra - autochocador
faye wong - fuzao
Prince of denmark - 8
Tujiko noriko - blurred in my mirror
i really dont know either, carrie

it's been a couple months
looking for something new to listen to
james chance and the contortions - buy
autechre - elseq1-5

pls rec and rate

made a personal top 50 punk/garage chart a few months ago. rate and rec garage that isn't any more Jay Reatard

+cat stevens, smashing pumpkins (is the 2nd SP supposed to be Siamese Dream?), Mr. Scruff,
-radiohead (more like overratedhead)
+Wire, Bork, Brainbombs, Kate Bush, Velvet Underground, Das Racist, and Jay Reatard
-Dinosaur Jr
gr8 chart m8

Sup Forums just love dindu music and nothing moar

whaohaoha
tektek
A very good morning to you
Spoils of War - S/t if you haven't
Planning for Burial - Leaving

Is it this album? If so then this is great, thanks regardless.

yup, thats the one, i thought you'd enjoy it

Definitely going to listen to this one a lot, reminds me of USA, love the panning.

good afternoon to you i assume oberman

just made this lmao
hey ricebeans
madlib - dil cosby suite
little kid - logic songs
uh
>deluxe
nice
check out ought and women
solid space - space museum
the pop group - y
ooo
2 much weezer
laddio bollocko
mob deep - the infamous

laddio bolocko are cool, thx anyways
Catherine Riberio + Alpes - Paix
erm its 2am, so idk what to call this time period, morning or evening???

damn thats a good question
uuu

What I've heard is mostly pretty good
Listen to White Noise, Silver Apples and the USA
Oh and Pram

Steve Reich if for some reason you haven't already

I see you like 154 so much you included it twice, p cool
Swell Maps & Mission of Burma

James Holden & Mouse on Mars

obeobe
Tideland - Asleep in the Graveyard
cmon u can try harder than this
Pharoah Sanders - Izipho Zam (My Gifts)
Grachan Moncur III - Some Other Stuff
Mclusky - Mclusky Do Dallas
Xanopticon - Liminal Space
April 20th 2017

>u can try harder than this
wdhmbt
thx for the recs tho

>wdhmbt
that you're cute
he's just shy
2pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Could you be any more of a suburban white teen

aaaaaa aaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Give At the Drive In - Relationship of Command a go.

yea if it had kendrick lamar and j cole

Still entry level so I can't rec much I'm afraid

IF
>ENTRY LEVEL AND CAN'T REC
DON'T POST!!!!!
NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR GENERIC DUMB CHART
LURK MORE UNTIL YOU FIND MORE SHIT AND REFINE YOUR TASTE

*grabs blunt*
Yeah i mean
*bites empanada*
*takes big fat parrilla chorizo and eats it with his hands*
Macri
*smokes big blunt*
He isn't a good president
Never realized you had that Dag Nasty record

accurate only if its a blunt made of paraguayan presed weed

key i actually am a suburban white teen

still hanging on to my childhood for as long as i can

haha poorfag
see Oresund Space Collective - The Black Tomato
Acid Mothers Temple - La Novia

end your life

go shove a pineapple up your ass lazyfag pleb

ok but only after you blow your brains out. and no pussying out, do it on twitch

Agree entirely, essentials charts are here for a reason people.

That's not nice Yousuf.

>Xanopticon - Liminal Space

I listened to the whole thing and holy shit. Thanks for the suggestion.

:3

See , you look like you've been on Sup Forums for a month or two (assuming that you aren't trolling, I've made charts like this before to piss people off on this board). Try different things and see what you like.

That being said seeing Catfish triggers me when they are an inferior rip-off of the Strokes, I understand that everyone has their own taste though there is a big difference between a band that may be different stylistically or improve in areas that another band doesn't (assuming that they take a large influence from them), though Catfish are not that band, like I said, a watered down copy of the Strokes. Not to be horrible though I do doubt the legitimacy of your chart unless you really have only been on here for a month or two, it screams of monotonous 2000's British landfill indie.

Listened through it, Jesus was that good, gonna listen to it a few more times.

not even my chart its my girlfriends this is mine

carcinogen

also I swear strokes just a watered down pixies lol

Fuck it.

Here's my chart. Albums are in no particular order, just my 50 favorites.

this is even worse
just go back to kanyetothe negro
Is that a band name or are you calling me carcinogen?

I know what you mean to be fair, I never got the hype of either band, though the Strokes for something so highly praised are really bland, the only song that stuck out to me on Is This It was New York City Cops.

Funnily enough your chart was very similar to one I made interpreting a friend of mine (never told them about it of course). Your chart this time is essentially just Sup Forumscore (barring Clipping, or however its spelt). Again, I'd assume you've been on here for a few months, maybe a year. You won't get a "superior" taste from here but you will learn to appreciate other things. Go through the Sup Forumscore chart (and take it slow, you'll ruin the experience otherwise) and develop some individual taste, find flowcharts and stuff.

do people actually listen to these or do you think posting shittastic albums old enough to have alzheimers makes you cool?

>haha he likes grandpa music xD
Neo-Sup Forums, everyone.

Nobody is strawmanning this is exactly what you're saying you stupid fuck

here's your (You), namefriend

>Complains about newfags not lurking
>Can't be assed to turn labels on

It's your own fault

Thanks
Half of the album names appear glitched or missing on neverendingchartrendering
If you want to know one just ask friend

love half of your chart, detest the other half.

check our Rudimentary Peni

hi shame, it me nito
check out Nosferatu - Nosferatu

THIS,
REDDITORS PLEASE GO YOU'RE THE CANCER OF CHART THREADS WITH MEME TASTE

We like to throw the reddit buzzword around but half of the ''new to music pls be nice'' posters come from topsters threads on reddit

redundant post

t.redditor

see

hahahahahahaahhahahhahaahahah

where do i go from here? recs

Hi guys! In dying need of new music, I just finished getting off a 7 month AnCo obsession session.

This thread is really something special, on one hand its probably one of the longest chart threads that have happened in weeks and there are numerous contributors, and yet there are also a multitude of people lazyposting and trying to shit it up.

Go listen to the Unicorns - Who Will Cut Our Hair... if you like AnCo you are guaranteed to love it.

idk hmm maybe like asobi seksu or some brian jonestown shit maybe even some OTC in there, i think you could use some cold wave in ur life maybe some social climbers or some shit... actually fuck all that just listen to like gang gang dance

you look like you need more druggy proto-shoegaze/shoegaze space rock
Spacemen 3 - first three
Loop - all three
Spiritualized - Laser Guided Melodies, Ladies and Gents (if you haven't already)
The Verve EP and also look up the extended versions for Gravity's Grave and She's a Superstar

recs please

kumisolo - My Love For You Is A Cheap Love Song

Bran Van 3000 - Glee

Thanksgiving - Thanksgiving

The Weakerthans - Reconstruction Site

dude Sup Forumscore featuring random "experimental" records to appear different lmao

4th ave sw 7000

Already have it, its great! thanks for the rec tho.
Im hearing your recs now loving asobi, thanks for the recs