Anyone else eat just microwaved potato for meals?

Anyone else eat just microwaved potato for meals?

No.

I do.

Great Cook.

uhh never. Does it work?

WHO ARE YOU???

I do, But I top it with chives, cheese, and sour cream.

how long does a tater take to microwave? 10 mins?

No, I prefer being regular.

lol, no. I don't hate myself enough.

Of course. But If you want it to cook faster you should probaby punch a few holes in it and then cover it with water first.

depends on the size but usually about 5 minutes

Me too

yup

gotta true that i just eat plain

i eat a plate of mini russet and it takes 6-7

yeah it's pretty easy and good

Hahaha....a simple man. I like it

Yes, but you might as well boil them first

cut it up into pieces, toss it in a bowl. Add onion or any other veg you want. Cover bowl so it steams, nuke 5 minutes high.

Crack 2-3 eggs in there. Add black pepper, salt, garlic or whatever else you feel like and stir it all up. Nuke uncovered another minute, stir again, one more minute.

Add butter and hot sauce if you want(not before, or the eggs won't stick right)

A little more than twice the effort for easily ten times the quality of meal.

had an autistic moment and thought that was a guinea pig

Not microwaved, but I will eat a couple of boiled potatoes with salt and pepper for a meal often enough. I usually will have at least broccoli or some other veg with them though.

its not good. Its tolerable.

Microwaves are for peons who don't have brains or tastebuds.

I use a toaster oven like a civilized man. Top with olive oil, fresh garlic, salt, black pepper.

Yukon gold ftw.

Did you know you can microwave bacon?

Dude that is easily 5 times the effort and also 5 times the cost.

Stop fucking up the micrato thread.

in my country, only have one potato
is to share with family

You can cut a hole in the door, stick your penis in and microwave that. Doesn't mean it's a good idea...

average potato
stab with fork a few times
should take about 7 minutes in a 1000w nuker
do em all the time
big roasters take about 10, btw

cut as soon as you take it out, add butter, chives salt and pepper, bacon bits, sour cream, whatever you like (salsa is good)

i like to eat 3 big ones at a time... add sour cream, cheese, bacon bits, fresh basil, nacho cheese, jalapeno sauce from taco bell, and tongue that shit for hours

Microwaved food has more nutrients than food cooked in the oven or on the grill so technically it's a better idea than putting bacon in a frying pan.

>microwave potato 10 minutes
>put broccoli in pot, little water on bottom, turn on stove -- 4 minutes later broccoli is steamed
>potato comes out, put cheese from jar in plate, microwave a minute
>put broccoli on potato, cheese on everything

much better than plain potato

Microwaved/baked potato is an excellent healthy food if you make sure to eat the skin where most of the nutrients reside

Apparently if you ate nothing but potatoes with skin and whole cow's milk you get every essential nutrient except for 1 mineral that you eventually need (forgot what it was but google it).

>put cheese from jar in plate

What jar?
In plate?
What?

>Yukon gold
This

>simple carbs
Nah man, eating nothing but ordinary potatoes isn't a good idea.

Many years of limit potato
The children cry

Think better. Most of what I listed as suggestions are optional additions, things like cutting it up- you're going to do that anyway to eat the potato plain. Eggs are the cheapest animal protein you can get, spices don't count shit for cost, plus others are talking sour cream and cheese and shit and you're not bitching at them

Just because most people use microwaves for TV dinners and shit doesn't mean it can't be used for higher efforts. Go to any chain restaurant above fast food and below having a dress code, and half their menu is microwaved. Applebee's for example.

You're right about different varieties of potato. Golds and reds are nice for a change, but you don't get your Dirt Quotient like with proper brown spuds

No, seriously try it. It fries up crispy like it would in a pan. I was surprised as hell

• study published in the Nov 2003 issue of Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture found that broccoli "zapped" in the microwave with a little water lost up to 97 percent of its antioxidants. By comparison, steamed broccoli lost 11 percent of its antioxidants. There were also reductions in phenolic compounds and glucosinolates, but mineral levels remained intact.

• 1999 Scandinavian study of the cooking of asparagus spears found that microwaving caused a reduction in vitamin C6.

• In a study of garlic, 60 seconds of microwave heating was enough to inactivate allinase, garlic's principle active ingredient against cancer

• Japanese study by Watanabe showed that just 6 minutes of microwave heating turned 30-40 percent of the B12 in milk into an inert (dead) form. This study has been cited by Dr. Andrew Weil as evidence supporting his concerns about the effects of microwaving. Dr. Weil wrote:

"There may be dangers associated with microwaving food... there is a question as to whether microwaving alters protein chemistry in ways that might be harmful."

• A recent Australian study showed that microwaves cause a higher degree of "protein unfolding" than conventional heating.

Microwaving can destroy the essential disease-fighting agents in breast milk that offer protection for your baby. In 1992, Quan found that microwaved breast milk lost lysozyme activity, antibodies, and fostered the growth of more potentially pathogenic bacteria.

Quan stated that more damage was done to the milk by microwaving than by other methods of heating, concluding: "Microwaving appears to be contraindicated at high-temperatures, and questions regarding its safety exist even at low temperatures."

• study about breast milk/infant formula found vitamin content becomes depleted by microwaving, and certain amino acids are converted into other substances that are biologically inactive. Some altered amino acids are poisons to the nervous system and kidneys.

In my country we have to use potato to kill to last another day

Fuck researching it, I'd rather follow my intuition and blindly disagree.

Yes. Babushka says is wrong to microwave. I do when I want a potato enough badly. Otherwise I boil.

>soak potato
>wrap in paper towel also wet
>microwave highest setting for 6 minute

>I'll walk blindly into traffic and follow my intuition to not get driven over
Ok.

They didn't claim it was a little over twice the effort. I called you out for a poor estimation, not a bad meal, however, I'm now calling you out for being a faggot too, have fun replying.

The holes are to keep it from blowing up or exploding

I would guess Iodine.

He didn't say you can be optimally healthy or fulfill some hipster diet fad, but you can survive- it's a sufficiently life-sustaining diet which many a poor Irishman has proven over the years.

I no shit had a nuked potato for dinner about 2 hours ago.
Don't even give a fuck.

furthermore:

Russian investigators found that carcinogens were formed from the microwaving of nearly all foods tested.
The microwaving of milk and grains converted some of the amino acids into carcinogenic substances.
Microwaving prepared meats caused the formation of the cancer-causing agents d-Nitrosodienthanolamines.
Thawing frozen fruits by microwave converted their glucoside and galactoside fractions into carcinogenic substances.
Extremely short exposure of raw, cooked or frozen vegetables converted their plant alkaloids into carcinogens.
Carcinogenic free radicals were formed in microwaved plants – especially root vegetables.
Structural degradation leading to decreased food value was found to be 60 to 90 percent overall for all foods tested, with significant decreases in bioavailability of B complex vitamins, vitamins C and E, essential minerals, and lipotropics (substances that prevent abnormal accumulation of fat).

>whole potatoes with skin
>"simple carbs"
Go back to your pseudo-educated kidney-busting quest bar/GOMAD /fit/ education faggot

Dude it was a sarcastic remark at your comment, now you're just joining in roasting yourself with me...

Don't do that, you're not my friend.

cheese in bowl I mean

Been microwaving bacon in my family since the 80's and it is probably the best way to cook it as we had a special plate like thing to use

mashed.

>>Russian

Like anybody is gonna listen to those deadbeat drunken scumbags.

I believe most of these but microwaves are the most glorious food preparation convenience there is. wat do.

What bowl?
In plate?
What?

bake em at 375 for 40 minutes or so. much better taste. plus crispy skin

Yeah. They aren't bad. I usually microwave some eggs with it for a complete meal though.
It's kind of sad that I don't usually cook anything unless it takes a few minutes. heh

I'm not irish.

>i saw it on TV so it must be true

Most people say it takes nutrients away which I don't buy. But how in the fuck would it add nutrients pull them from the air?

>this much research
>for a post to Sup Forums

dudes2dumb

yes I punch wholes in it with fork. this makes cook through very good, helps heat with great force. i am offing now to get mine from microwaves

I've lived without one for 20+ yrs, no prob. Toaster ovens make way better food and only gotta plan ahead a few more minutes...

There's just as much research to support the other side of the argument too so he's not actually done anything xD just wasted time.

Dude, they're just trying to save all the potatoes from getting microwaved so they can make it into vodka!

Just because you don't understand basic dietary knowledge doesn't make it some selfproclaimed brosience bullshit.

It is life-sustaining, but not really a good idea long term since your blood sugar increases significantly and doesn't sustain for very long per meal.

>>

You're a waste of time, penisbreath.

Iodine interestingly enough turns black when put on a potato....then steals your bike

ty

I do too..

Hahaha butthurt nobody cared about your research? That the first reply you got was "Get a load of this guy"?

Tbh I'd be butthurt too if I wasted that much time and effort just to be ridiculed.

Does it cook the eggs all the way though? They aren't rubbery or anything? I got to try this.

>pour cheese from jar into bowl
>heat bowl in microwave
>pour heated cheese onto heated potato

Are you from non-America or something? Don't you have jars of liquid cheese on your store shelves? This is simple stuff.

Nuked eggs aren't as good but only take a minute and blow up sometimes but I've done it for years

They're fine. Just put a few in whole.

It doesn't add them, it has more because it depletes less nutrients than other forms of cooking simply because it's heated for a smaller amount of time.

I lived off "lean cuisine" and similar microwaved meals from age 20-35. Never once used my stove.

>normal weight
>cholesterol fine
>blood pressure fine
>never had to spend more than a minute in the kitchen
>never had to clean pots
>rarely had to clean the kitchen

Ahh yeah sorry, I see the confusion, I'm from England where we speak English and put things on plates rather than in them.

I told you I meant bowl, not plate.

Also, more people speak American English than your island's dialect, so our usage of the language is correct by definition.

No.