Post pictures of him

~ Most based musician ever ~

Real panda bear fans only

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=2wtS86ID_Qc
youtu.be/pLTbW2xyJOk
soundonsound.com/people/animal-collective-recording-merriweather-post-pavilion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I find it funny that Avey was the leader of AnCo from Spirit up until Strawberry Jam, and MPP onwards have been heavily influenced by Panda's electronic sounds.

Painting With could've been a Panda Bear solo album

DUDE VOCAL REVERB LMAO

You don't think all the wacky hocketing and subject matter was an Avey decision?

shitty nu male music

Spirit to Strawberry Jam

Yeah, hurts to read that and be reminded how great they were when being fronted by Avey

>>>reddit

>MPP and Fall Be Kind weren't great
>Oddsac wasn't great
>The Painters isn't great
>Meeting Of The Waters isn't going to be great

>geologist and panda bear.jpg
fucking kek

>>Oddsac wasn't great
1800comeonnow.jpg

Be honest, we'd all go gay for Panda Baby aka Noah Lennox

LOL nope. Panda Bear just liked his song Boys Latin a lot, so he decided to make an entire album that sounded just like it.

except MPP and Fall Be Kind are 10/10s

and I think Meeting of the Waters is going to be based af. It's a Geologist + Avey joint, how will it not be great?

You misunderstand me my friends. I was using the greentext arrows to be sarcastic, in response to the user that actually believed AC has been bad since Strawberry Jam

>gets tickets to fleet foxes at MPP in july
>west coasters get based beach house as the opener
>east coasters stuck with animal faglective

kill me senpai

Implying they didn't publicly state that MPP was derived from the ideas of Person Pitch

Panda > Avey

Not even close

>The Painters
>great
>any good at all

Barely anything changed from Male Panda to Female Panda

>>The Painters
>not good at all

The Painters is their best release since Fall Be Kind

>fleet foxes

[spoiler]maybeeventheirbestsinceMPP[/spoiler]

the argument could be made for that
also, checked

>In a fit of rage, Avey Tare expelled Deakin from the band
saved

Sleep cycle > the painters > painting with

anyone talking shit about new Panda Bear/AnCo should try listening to some live bootlegs

Person Pitch>Spirit>MPP>Sleep Cycle>HCTI>Sung Tongs>The Painters=Feels>Water Curses>Painting With>Water Curses>PBVTGR>Prospect Hummer>Strawberry Jam>Hollin>Danse> Campfire>Down There>Centipede Hz

Decent rankings, though I'd probably put Strawberry Jam and Campfire higher

Anyone here ever hang w/ the man?

I did for a bit at Big Sur and he is as somber as you would expect.

Heard he's a chill dude, also I'm pretty sure his wife is a fashion designer so he is /fa/ as hell

Yeah, I'd go gayer for Avey though

True but you high as fuck why are you comparing these to that

Yeah and MPP isn't even a top 5 AnCo album.

Naw Avey said in an interview that he really liked PBVSGR so he wrote a lot of songs similar to it. PW is basically Avey's version of PBVSGR.

m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=2wtS86ID_Qc

this is probably the best description of PW I've read, though supposedly Avey's new solo material sounds even more like PBvsGR

>Down There and CHZ at the bottom

F U C K I N G P L E B
U L
C E
K B
I
N
G

Panda was the sole proponent of the hocketing. He did it on Boys Latin, and every Panda song on PW used it. Avey's songs had call and response, but not hocketing. If you're just going to say something wrong and stupid, why say anything at all?

When did I say those albums were bad?

Am I a contrarian for liking Tomboy over Person Pitch?

Songs like Slow Motion, Friendship Bracelet and Alsatian Darn are masterpieces IMO

Hate to make this an Avey thread but this sounds good:
youtu.be/pLTbW2xyJOk

Glad theyre going back to performing before recording, loving the subdued vibes of this new song

>mfw going on a road trip with a buddy to every animal Collective show on the east coast next month

Shitty pleb opinion

The only way it's possible to have an opinion like this is to not get it

Tomboy makes me sad

Not that contrarian but I mean they're hard to compare, they feel like completely different albums to me.

they were all released in the last year or so

I'm hyped

tomboy might be my favourite album to sing, ever

Is Jane worth listening to? I forget that band exists all the time.

>mfw bros comes on

I was in Lisbon recently. I mean this in the least stalkery way possible but I wonder where he lives there?

When they say the ideas came from PP it was in reference to the setup. Using the sampler as the primary tool for songwriting, and using more synths. These are things they were already doing on SJ btw. I'm not denying that they've talked about PP being a big influence on how MPP turned out, but you're interpreting it in the least fair way you possibly could and giving all credit to Panda. Avey still wrote more actual songs for the album, and imo, most of the best ones. Not to imply that I don't like Panda's contributions too. But stuff like this:

>If there's one item of outboard gear that all involved say in some ways defined the sound of the album, it's the Eventide H3000 Ultra‑Harmonizer, a new discovery for Animal Collective.

soundonsound.com/people/animal-collective-recording-merriweather-post-pavilion

should clarify that they're two very distinct projects, and to credit Panda with it entirely is just stupid. Not to mention the fact that Avey, being the main voice for their entire career up to that point, was the one that fostered much of Panda's creativity. And further still, Grim Reaper is the worst project released by any Anco member, and Panda's responsible for the worst aspects of PW, the canned drum loops, the excessive hocketing, etc.

It would be amazing to have an Avey solo project that had good production. Down There was cool but it suffered from amateur sound engineering, and Slasher Flicks to me sounds like he was still trying to capture the frantic live sound that they attempted with CHz, but it still didn't really work that well.