"""""""""football""""""""

>"""""""""football""""""""
>championship isn't resolved in a best of series
>can win it all on penalties
>can """"""""""""""""""win"""""""""""""""""" it all on a tie

I don't care what you want to say or where you're from, if you seriously follow soccer in any capacity then you are as cuck as they come

>can """"""""""""""""""win"""""""""""""""""" it all on a tie

I still can't wrap my head around how yuroslobs and yuroboos defend this.

>can win it all on penalties
There are no penalty shootouts in the group stage, so no you can't.

This is easy. We are interested in finding out the best team in a competition, not who can fluke a win on a given day. You'd do the same if your sports weren't designed around broadcasting networks and your population's low intelligence and attention span.

Playoffs make the regular season kind of pointless, unless you support a team which is torn between ending with home advantage or not. If you're a fan of Cavs, Spurs or Warriors you might as well skip the season until mid April. Popovich's hardcore rotations and Lebron's lack of interest for the RG MVP race agree with this notion.

there they are

point and laugh, everyone

>best team in a competition
>literally doesn't even win the championship game

lmao you can't make this shit up

>We are interested in finding out the best team in a competition, not who can fluke a win on a given day.

>he says this while the championship matches in country's """"""""""""sport"""""""""""" can literally be won on fluke PKs

If soccer wasn't so retarded I might think this was bait

This doesn't make sense. Championship games don't exist unless you're taking about cup finals, in which case you do have to win that to win the trophy.

>Championship matches can be won on penalty kicks

Cup competitions aren't the equivalent to your "championship" though. They're entertaining, fun, aside competitions. That's why the UCL doesn't compare to winning the Premiership.

>That's why the UCL doesn't compare to winning the Premiership

Mein
Fucking
Seids

>I can't grasp the concept of cup competitions

Stop trying

Why even have a World Cup match?Why not award the World Cup to which ever national team "has the most points" in international play? I don't understand defending not having a championship in league play but having one in confederation and international play.

>That's why the UCL doesn't compare to winning the Premiership.

LOL

It's not logistically possible to determine the best nation in the world via a league. An entertaining cup tournament is used in its place but nobody believes that the winner of the world cup is the best team in the world just by virtue of winning it. Argentina were not the second best team in the world, they only made it to the final via Messi dragging them along and an easier path to the final.

>ameridumb

Penalty kicks are awful. You're deciding who the victor is when penalty shootouts occur on the goalkeeper's guessing capabilities.

Why do American sports have lengthy seasons when all that matters is one game?

Why have a full game when all that matters is the result?

You could change all America sports to a 5 second coin toss and as long as there was still hours of adverts you'd lap that shit up.

I would like to apologize on behalf of these brain-damaged mongs. They played handbag when they were kids and ended up being retarded. Please ignore them.

Also.

>Implying the Premier League, THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE, is better than winning the UEFA Champions League

I'm sorry, but no.

Then why is the prize money for finishing last in the Premier League better than that for winning the Champions League.

>You're deciding who the victor is when penalty shootouts occur on the goalkeeper's guessing capabilities.
>implying
Look at the Switzerland-Poland shootout. Sommer guessed right on 3 penalties, and even got a hand on 2. Fabianski only guessed right once. Poland still won, because Xhaka blasted his wide.

If a cup competitions means more to you than your national league then that is pathetic.

Well, isn't soccer a sport where individual skill can triumph fundamental team-play in the same vein as basketball?

Probably because Skysports spent many of your pounds on that huge contract? The FA is sharing that with all the teams.

In the case of the UEFA Champions League, it is more important. Why the fuck do you think Leciester is fielding weaker sides in the Premier League and Domestic cups?

The Premier League is important. Because the top 4 there then enter a bigger competition, the Champions League.

One player cannot do the work of eleven, but a very good player can make a difference.

>Lestah

They know they are very unlikely to win the PL again, let alone qualify for the UCL again so they're focusing on the competition they haven't played in before and might never play in again.

Because Meme Magic isn't going to strike twice in the PL but Kek may be on their side in the CL

There's too much randomness. I'd honestly feel sour if my favorite team lost a 90+ minute game on the randomness of a penalty kick shootout.

In the NFL you can lose on a coin toss. At least penalties involve skill.

Teams consider a successful season if they qualify for the champions league

not true in the slightest

>It's another soccer thread