What exactly is post-punk revival and why is it so shit?

What exactly is post-punk revival and why is it so shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1OJRRUnY--A
youtube.com/watch?v=NG1RIaOKy_4
youtube.com/watch?v=SiarnkJOe-s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't know but Franz Ferdinand's first two albums are pretty good.

nah you just have shit taste and like everything that sounds catchy

not him but HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA fuck that's the best thing I've seen on her in a minute Jesus.

Dude those first two albums were fun. Learn how to have some and then maybe you'll enjoy them.

youtube.com/watch?v=1OJRRUnY--A

>post-punk
>fun

ur doin it wrong

no way is it becoming cool to like this garbage

>the cure isn't fun

>fun
"Fun" is a vacant concept because it simply denotes enjoyment. It doesn't contain any sense of quality or merit and can not be used as a comparative measure. Using "fun" as the prime metric is merely retreating into limp post-modern relativism where sitting around blowing raspberries is held to be every bit as good as mastering a musical instrument, writing the great American novel, developping a mathematical theorem or solving complex problems. "Fun" is the term people turn to when they've run out of arguments.
If someone says the most important factor in music is to "have fun", it's a surefire sign that they understand nothing deeper and won't be invested in anything music-related in say 4-5 years. Their taste will be a shallow collection of 'quirky' albums, and while they listen to music they'll be on their phones half the time and spouting memes on r/indieheads the rest.
I avoid listening to music with anyone who throws the term 'fun' around casually. I look for listeners who have a bit of depth. If they say things like "I enjoy challenging arrangements" or "I take pleasure in exploring the setting harmony from within and deconstructing its notes" then I know I'm talking to someone who is not an idiot, and they might be alright. If they just say "Lol i listen to music 4 le fun XDDDDD" then I am talking to another retard and their influence will only be negative.

The Cure is also not that great

Nigga, "The Fallen" is a GOAT-tier song.

post-punk can be lighthearted sometimes

youtube.com/watch?v=NG1RIaOKy_4

was more of a comment regarding his sweeping statement.

I am aware of the lighter side of what is otherwise a miserable genre of music, but this does not take away from the fact that it was an ignorant comment about a genre with very little emphasis on 'fun'.

see
Just because you find dog poop fun doesn't mean it's good, so stop throwing that buzzword around.

but you're implying that making a post-punk fun is doing it wrong. as much as joy division conveyed misery and overall bleakness. they purposefully added slight theatrics and dance elements to a lot of there songs. i'd consider songs like ceremony fun, even if they are also dark.

wrong. try again.

Fallen is a legit Top 10 Song for me.

Also they have one of those rare occurnces were the live version of the song is by far the best:
youtube.com/watch?v=SiarnkJOe-s

I get where you're coming from, I really do. But the only reason you think this is because of nostalgia. If these albums were released today and you objectively listened to them for the first time, you wouldn't give them a second look.

fag

this

>Fun
>Buzzword
>I don't understand how entertainment can factor into entertainment

is this new copy pasta

Really makes you think...