Any Lord of the Rings Fans here?

i love it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_oBvNFMt9Ic
youtube.com/watch?v=AT18OJEPU9Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

Sure, but I feel like I've ruined it for myself by watching it like a thousand times.

did they fuck ?

>implying he didn't bum a twink like sauron

What's the Ralph Bakshi cartoon like? Saturday morning so maybe i'll have some cereal and check it out.

>you will never ravage sauron's boipucci

I cant stay awake long enough to watch them all the way through now ;_;

some parts are all right, others are just plain stupid

i couldn't watch it a second time

Why does Orthanc look like its made of paper mache?

its kino in places and well worth a watch, but be aware that its only the Fellowship and half of the Two Towers, it was never finished.

youtube.com/watch?v=_oBvNFMt9Ic

>To the center all roads ran between their chains. There stood a tower of marvellous shape. It was fashioned by the builders of old, who smoothed the Ring of Isengard, and yet it seemed a thing not made by the craft of Men, but riven from the bones of the earth in the ancient torment of the hills. A peak and isle of rock it was, black and gleaming hard: four mighty piers of many-sided stone were welded into one, but near the summit they opened into gaping horns, their pinnacles sharp as the points of spears, keen-edged as knives. Between them was a narrow space, and there upon a floor of polished stone, written with strange signs, a man might stand five hundred feet above the plains.

That says 'gleaming black rock' not 'paper mache'

I mean you can see it coming away where they haven't stuck it down properly, look at this shit.

Meh, you wouldn't notice that in the actual movie. Plus I've seen clay-like buildings that could resemble that.

No but you would have thought they'd touch up the HD poster image.

Yes, it's an unbeatable trilogy in my opinion.
Pic related, the goat.

She's a elf user not a goat

ALL SHALL LOVE ME
AND DESPAIR

lotr books > star wars trilogy > lotr films

One day youll go to college and discover how shit your taste actually is.

What would Sauron have done if he won? What were his motivations? Freeing Morgoth? What then?

Though I realize Tolkien wasn't really in it for the plot and the two of them and Saruman were just there to demonize stuff he didn't like, such as industry.

lotr is just for getting high and zoning out to beautiful video and comfy fantasy

plotwise its stupid as fuck. there is almost no conflict at all. almost every character is either pure good or evil

Definitely worth a watch.

It's made with a lot of fanboy love but a few of the choices are bizarre. A lot of the action scene descend into long drawn out boring psychedelic madness which I'm guessing was due to budget restrictions. The heavy use of rotoscoping is also really jarring sometimes. Also you'll want to blow your brains out every time Sam talks or does anything. And the producers thought two villains named "Sauron" and "Saurman" was too confusing so they made Bakshi change Saruman to "Aruman" but didn't make the decision into time so in half the scene he's called Saruman and in the other he's Aruman.

On the plus side it's really faithful to the books and the tone, style, design, music, etc. is spot on for 70's fantasy. The whole thing feels like a D&D campaign. Also American Indian Aragorn in a miniskirt voice by John Hurt works really well somehow. And I really love the opening despite the obvious budget restrictions:

youtube.com/watch?v=AT18OJEPU9Q

>What would Sauron have done if he won? What were his motivations? Freeing Morgoth? What then?
Then you haven't actually read Tolkien. Both Saruman and Sauron wanted the world to be working according to their wills and shape it as they like. Morgoth has nothing to do with Sauron's ambitions in the Third Age, he was banished from the World.

Morgoth simply wanted to destroy the works of other gods and the world, but Sauron was attracted to his power and will to do things.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Evil is a cavity that eats away at a person until there is nothing left.

The 'why' becomes unimportant to you when lose any semblance of who you are.

>Smeagol/Golum
>Saruman
>Boromir
>Denethor
to name a few characters with internal conflicts who are not pure good or evil.

Yeah because they were both 'evil industrialists' exaggerated into literal demons.

I was wondering what he would have done if he won. Why wouldn't he have attempted to let Morgoth back in if he'd already completed his ambitions.

We all know that's just handwaving bullshit really though, at meta level.

The question is what he would have done if he won?

ill give you gollum and denethor, the other two are MCU level good vs evil

Maybe you should try watching it while not high because I don't think you understand anything about the plot or characters.

>Boromir
>Evil

I'm just marathoning them. Hope I get to finish by midnight.

I'd be pretty ok with being dominated by galadriel

>I was wondering what he would have done if he won. Why wouldn't he have attempted to let Morgoth back in if he'd already completed his ambitions.

I already said his goal was to rule the physical world as he sees fit. He did not have the power to bring back Morgoth into the world.

>Sauron had, in fact, been very like Saruman, and so still understood him quickly and could guess what he would be likely to think and do, even without the aid of palantiri or of spies; whereas Gandalf eluded and puzzled him. But like all minds of this cast, Sauron's love (originally) or (later) mere understanding of other individual intelligences was correspondingly weaker; and though the only real good in, or rational motive for, all this ordering and planning and organization was the good of all inhabitants of Arda (even admitting Sauron's right to be their supreme lord), his 'plans', the idea coming from his own isolated mind, became the sole object of his will, and an end, the End, in itself.

>The question is what he would have done if he won?

Why does satan perpetuate evil throughout the world?

I still don't understand.

Why did Sauron even bother going through with all of this magical ring nonsense?

It sounds like he was already a shapeshifting evil badass before he made the ring. Why did he need or want to create such a useless thing?

To control the hearts of men rather than just overpower them.

>dominate the minds of all other ring bearers
>useless

u silly goose

If you're going to criticise a fantasy work without bothering to imagine anything for yourself, then they're not for you.

Plus, Sauron made his ring in an attempt to rule over other men, elves, and dwarves. That was his ultimate goal, to subdue everyone.

Yes I know that, but the question was what would he have done after he won? Just sit in his tower all day being smug?

Well exactly, its not very deep. But I thought you guys would have a bit of imagination.

I was expecting loads of 'Sauron did nothing wrong it would have been a utopia' replies.

It worked as an amplifier and in theory allowed him to control the other rings. Also he'd died a couple of times by then.

>Well exactly, its not very deep. But I thought you guys would have a bit of imagination.
>I was expecting loads of 'Sauron did nothing wrong it would have been a utopia' replies.

Do you think every evil person has to have a grand plan or is suffering from some tragic past?

Evil is what evil does.

Evil doesn't really exist. Not as a character trait anyway.

Evil doesn't do anything Mr. Apathy.

I can assure you there are no LOTR fans here

If evil doesnt exists, then why fight for good?

Good doesn't exist as a character trait either.

>Yes I know that, but the question was what would he have done after he won? Just sit in his tower all day being smug?
What would you do if you won the lottery? Sit in your house all day? I would.

He'd probably enjoy the results of his work, try to conquer Valinor, and rearrange everything on a daily basis, have a drink with Saruman.