Book recommendations thread:

Book recommendations thread:
Please recommend me a book who finds reading absolutely boring. I'm a Comp Sci major and I do want to read books, but it's just so damn boring. Looking for a recommendation on a book that is interesting for anybody to read. Also general book recommendations.

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/book/show/2785376-gleefully-macabre-tales
bookzz.org/s/?q=gleefully macabre tales&yearFrom=&yearTo=&language=&extension=&t=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Comic books and manga.

Otherwise
>call of Cthulhu or any HP Lovecraft. Goes into full details though so may be boring

young adult fiction is also great Imo. Adukt books tend to be....boring...

>Furnace series
>Beautiful Chaos, darkness etc
>Tunnels

If you like anime and manga, madoka magica is the way to go

This book: goodreads.com/book/show/2785376-gleefully-macabre-tales

Trust me, you won't be disappointed. I've read hundreds of books in the past year, and this is the one you want.

Starts off good, and just gets better from there.

Especially that last story.

Will upload epub/mobi/txt/whatever, if you want.

* couple of years

My brother is a nerd too and loves Lovecraft.

I'd recommend starting small. The best of young adult is Harry Potter or Treasure Island. (Fantasy/realistic fiction vs. Adventure/action).

Tops for adult literature:
Kurt Vonnegut
Alan Moore
Guy who wrote Fight Club, I can never remember his name.
Fitzpatricks war was good and obscure. Theodore Judson wrote that.
Poe is superb but wrote mostly poetry.
Faerie Tale from Raymond Feist is horror and great.
Oh and read Bram Stoker's dracula and 20000 leagues under the sea. Classics!

the bible isn't the worst. There's dozens of places within driving distance to discuss comprehension.

Read the collections of short stories by Stephen King, he's great

Try the comic books thing first to get you through 1 or 2. Then rry something like classic fiction or some teen fiction (tend to be smaller in length and interesting enough to read.

Personally i cant go past 1984, hitchikers guide to the galaxy, and stuff by tom clancy, jack higgens, fredrick forsyth, etc. But im a 35 y.o guy

brave new world

Infinite Jest

A Confederacy of Dunces

Read it in high school. It was interesting to see a utopian dystopia world. But it did engage a lot of thinking about morals for me.

Please do upload.

Okay, just saw this, one second.

Uploading now

Try Dune user

Its a self contained story with 5 more books if you like it. Seriously cant recommend it enough but the story is pretty enchanting

Here you go. It's his entire bibliography, but start with Gleefully Macabre Tales, and don't stop until you've read the entire thing:

file[removethis]dropper [dawt] com/strandjeff

No spaces, replace [dawt] with a period, remove [removethis] because spamfilter

lord of the flies

lord of the niggers

Check out Lee Child's Jack Reacher series - there are several (22, I think) books, none of which is horribly challenging to read. The characters and plots tend to be fairly engaging, and there's an appreciable amount of humor.

i am the niglord

here :3

bookzz.org/s/?q=gleefully macabre tales&yearFrom=&yearTo=&language=&extension=&t=0

bump